Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11232 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

What would make you like Cyclops more?

• 101 results
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Since I keep seeing differing points of view on how people like or hated how Cyclops is being portrayed, whether it's him being the perfect boy scout or him being an anti-hero, I was wondering what kind of personality or lifestyle would make you like Cyclops even more? Do you like him being an anti-hero or do you like him being a boy scout or do you want him to be something else entirely?

wolverine1610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

eh idk but im waiting on the day where he finally just snaps and goes classic magneto on the world, that'd be interesting

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#3  Edited By Joygirl

If he stopped pretending to be a hero and went all-out sociopathic Lawful Evil. He'd be a decent villain but he makes a TERRIBLE anti-hero.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

@rabbitearsblog: I only tend to like him when he is with the O5. Especially early X-Factor. I dislike how everyone thinks he is the "X-Man" when Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Colossus, Storm, and Kitty are more important to the X-Men IMO.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#5  Edited By Teerack

Cyclops just needs to keep out talking people like he is now. Cyclops has always had a really sharp tongue and amazing dialog, but from like M-Day to AvX he just got half the treatment he should have gotten. I liked his choices and i liked the serious spot they put him in, but it was like the writers thought being serious means not being clever. I also hope they don't try to create uncharacteristic doubt like when he started dating Emma.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

Before all of this post-Schism crap, he was my favourite Marvel character.

So I guess if he wasn't written in character, I'd like him more. Alas, that won't happen any time soon.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I like Cyclops the way he is now.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Wolverine008

If he died and never came back.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I dislike how everyone thinks he is the "X-Man" when Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Colossus, Storm, and Kitty are more important to the X-Men IMO.

Interesting you say that because it's not often said but one could certainly argue the sacrifices and actions of those characters and some others as well could make them more important to the X-Men. That mentality that Scott is the X-Men seems to be a more common thing lately. We already know that the X-Men will do just fine without him. There have been numerous other people in leadership positions among them.

Personally I don't think I could ever really be a fan of his. I will always respect him as the first X-Man and leader of the X-men though.

CaptainDoeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knighthood: "wolverine more important to x-men than cyclops"

huehuehuehuehue

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Knightfall225

God i hate cyclops

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

die or revert to what he was before what's-her-face came.

DADDY_XERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like him as the calculating leader of his people. him being in between the prof and magneto but a good guy fits.

i like that he doesn't get on with shield. and i HATE wolverine. the character used to be interesting but not anymore imo. he is more an avenger than x-man.

i would like him to give the avengers a swift slap and leave then dumb faced :)

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
    deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since I keep seeing differing points of view on how people like or hated how Cyclops is being portrayed, whether it's him being the perfect boy scout or him being an anti-hero, I was wondering what kind of personality or lifestyle would make you like Cyclops even more? Do you like him being an anti-hero or do you like him being a boy scout or do you want him to be something else entirely?

Messiah trilogy.

JeannieH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#16 god_spawn  Moderator
    JeannieH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: well I only got into X-Men two months ago. I recently discovered the psychic affair. While it might be old and stale news to most, I am still reeling with shock and need some time to get over it. LOL

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeannieh said:

@god_spawn: well I only got into X-Men two months ago. I recently discovered the psychic affair. While it might be old and stale news to most, I am still reeling with shock and need some time to get over it. LOL

cyclops is that dude
    be kind.

JeannieH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phisigmatau: Pretty sure Cyclops knew what he was doing. If he didn't he wouldn't have tried to hide it from Jean. :)

There is no changing my mind on Cyclops, Sorry.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@jeannieh: Not like Jean helped him much after Apocalypse messed him up real bad. It’s not like their marriage was imploding already. Not like Jean didn’t start to lean on Wolverine at all. Not like Cyclops ran to Jean when she came back and ditched Maddie when she came back. Not like Jean didn’t push Cyclops to live his life and pursue Emma.

I’m not saying Scott gets off scot free with the relationship, but Jean didn’t exactly help things herself towards the end. The guy isn’t a scumbag. But it’s your opinion of the character.

Avatar image for theinsufferable
    TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeannieh said:

@phisigmatau: Pretty sure Cyclops knew what he was doing. If he didn't he wouldn't have tried to hide it from Jean. :)

There is no changing my mind on Cyclops, Sorry.

Same goes for jean three times at least.

JeannieH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JeannieH

@god_spawn@mrnihal Yeah! Jean did try to talk to Scott, his answer for everything was - "Read my mind". But see Scott got to live and move on with the woman he cheated on his wife with. She simply died heartbroken. Had she lived and moved on too, that would have made it okay! She never got her happy ending, he did and therein lies my problem.

You are right, my opinion on Cyclops is pretty low. Scumbag is putting it nicely!!

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 god_spawn  Moderator

@jeannieh: She really didn't help him. And she pushed him to live with Emma, he didn't do that on his own. And he didn't get a happy ending, he's dead and they made peace with also the few times Jean or some variation of popped up.

But I'm going to agree to disagree then. Cyke's my fave, Emma's my top female character. Both of them together did more eachother than Jean and Scott, but I don't have anything against Jean. I have my preference, that's kind of it.

JeannieH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: But hey, we did find a common ground. We both don't want Jean to end up with Scott anymore.

Fact is if tables were reversed and Jean and Logan moved on while Scott died, I probably would have hated Jean. The only person that I cannot hate is Wolverine. Hugh Jackman is a very good looking guy. He is the reason I got interested in X-Men in the first place. Marvel might own Wolverine, but Hugh Jackman owns me. Sigh!!! I will shamelessly have an affair with him...:)

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 god_spawn  Moderator

@jeannieh: To each their own, lol. I grew up on the X-Men. They just kinda stuck with me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeannieh said:

@god_spawn: But hey, we did find a common ground. We both don't want Jean to end up with Scott anymore.

Fact is if tables were reversed and Jean and Logan moved on while Scott died, I probably would have hated Jean. The only person that I cannot hate is Wolverine. Hugh Jackman is a very good looking guy. He is the reason I got interested in X-Men in the first place. Marvel might own Wolverine, but Hugh Jackman owns me. Sigh!!! I will shamelessly have an affair with him...:)

LOL.It's cyclops board.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeannieh said:

@god_spawn@mrnihal Yeah! Jean did try to talk to Scott, his answer for everything was - "Read my mind". But see Scott got to live and move on with the woman he cheated on his wife with. She simply died heartbroken. Had she lived and moved on too, that would have made it okay! She never got her happy ending, he did and therein lies my problem.

You are right, my opinion is pretty low.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnihal said:
    @jeannieh said:

LOL.It's cyclops board.

ikr

how u gonna run up on Cyke board hatin on dude.. y dont u go to jean board, oh wait...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnihal said:
    @jeannieh said:

LOL.It's cyclops board.

ikr

how u gonna run up on Cyke board hatin on dude.. y dont u go to jean board, oh wait...

There's a jean board?lol

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 god_spawn  Moderator

@mrnihal: Maybe? Idk. I don’t go there.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daisy_Johnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Daisy_Johnson

Like most X-Men designs..... Cyclops 90's design was his best and ultimately should have been his final and permanent design tbh.

Pump it bb!

No Caption Provided
    phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By phisigmatau
    Daisy_Johnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daisy_johnson: sure xcept no underwear over the pants plz

Thanks, I never noticed that till now. Thanks for ruining it xD

Lol jk it's not that bad. I view it more of a color design thing. Maybe they can design it a bit different. Hella better than Superman's either way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phisigmatau said:

@daisy_johnson: sure xcept no underwear over the pants plz

Thanks, I never noticed that till now. Thanks for ruining it xD

Lol jk it's not that bad. I view it more of a color design thing. Maybe they can design it a bit different. Hella better than Superman's either way.

Really?That always caught my eye.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 god_spawn  Moderator

@daisy_johnson: I’m probably one of the few people that never cared for his 90’s design. It’s not bad, but comparatively I can say Astonishing Cyclops and the few blue ones after, and his Revolutionary X visor costume, red or black, I’ll take over it any day.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’ve always found Cyclops extremely interesting as a character but then again, the straight laced/jawed boyscouts have always kinda been my favourites (Supes, Cap, Cyke) smth about that just appeals to me.

He’s often got the shaft in terms of meaningful character development cuz people found him uninteresting up until the last decade where he grew into his own as a leader, became hardened, became an extremist and sort of became a villain but he wasn’t actually the villain. Sucks that the close to that arc (Death of X) was so damn lack luster and not how Cykes story should’ve ended.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 god_spawn  Moderator

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: I’ll always say it. Cyclops has had one of organic and natural progressions as a character in Marvel for the last 15 years. Morrison really pushed that, Whedon made it better and even after that, while some of the writers and runs may have been lackluster, it still played to it. It became too big with how popular he got when Marvel wanted something else.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Some level of admittance that he knew what he had turned into by the time he slipped off the mortal coil. Thats the version of him I dislike the most because he had kinda transformed into a Magneto/Batman hybrid that people still flocked to despite being a huge douchebag.

When he returns, and he will one day, I really do hope Cyke ends up taking a back seat among the X-Men, not just because they will have trust issues with him, but because he has to reconcile with the stuff he's been through, especially with the Phoenix and onwards. Even better if he was to have gotten off the horse he was on and perhaps reach out to the Avengers... come to think of it, Scott and Cap doing a thing together should be great.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By phisigmatau

@god_spawn:

@god_spawn said:

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: I’ll always say it. Cyclops has had one of organic and natural progressions as a character in Marvel for the last 15 years. Morrison really pushed that, Whedon made it better and even after that, while some of the writers and runs may have been lackluster, it still played to it. It became too big with how popular he got when Marvel wanted something else.

this is spot on.

No Caption Provided

also check out this Cyclops outfit. it would be dope if he had a helmet (practicality) and I like the idea of a shoulder guard as some sort of defensive mechanism. Cyke has always been sort of a glass cannon for me which makes battling the big bads a challenge. I mean he cant realitisically tank a hit from Juggernaut, Shaw, Apocalypse ETC, so if we gave him like this awesome shoulder shield guard that created its own force field in defense that would be neat. It would allow for better actions scenes too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some level of admittance that he knew what he had turned into by the time he slipped off the mortal coil. Thats the version of him I dislike the most because he had kinda transformed into a Magneto/Batman hybrid that people still flocked to despite being a huge douchebag.

When he returns, and he will one day, I really do hope Cyke ends up taking a back seat among the X-Men, not just because they will have trust issues with him, but because he has to reconcile with the stuff he's been through, especially with the Phoenix and onwards. Even better if he was to have gotten off the horse he was on and perhaps reach out to the Avengers... come to think of it, Scott and Cap doing a thing together should be great.

NO NO and NO.

Why people keep forgetting the circumstances he was in since House of M?Douchbag my a**.

Cyke is the real hero til death.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup exactly. Even the caliber of writers from Morrison, Whedon, Brubaker, Fraction, Gillen, Bendis like damn Cyke okay big boy aha. It does suck that not all the runs were up to par and it sucks Marvel just axed him so poorly but it is what it is. Hopefully is comeback is killer.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@mrnihal said:
    @outside_85 said:

NO NO and NO.

Why people keep forgetting the circumstances he was in since House of M?Douchbag my a**.

No, he's a prick and the world is better off without him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn said:

Yup exactly. Even the caliber of writers from Morrison, Whedon, Brubaker, Fraction, Gillen, Bendis like damn Cyke okay big boy aha. It does suck that not all the runs were up to par and it sucks Marvel just axed him so poorly but it is what it is. Hopefully is comeback is killer.

I wonder if u missed this in X-board.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Before all of this post-Schism crap, he was my favourite Marvel character.

So I guess if he wasn't written in character, I'd like him more. Alas, that won't happen any time soon.

i thought i was the only one

@mrnihal said:
    @rabbitearsblog said:

i prefer boy scout with statistic leader planning <3.......somewhere between boy scout and "revolutionary" leader without being a anti-hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnihal said:
    @outside_85 said:

NO NO and NO.

No, he's a prick and the world is better off without him.

LOL.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.