The Role of Cyclops

#1 Edited by Jeremy1989 (643 posts) - - Show Bio

Who you think should play the role of Cyclops instead of James Marsden?

My vote is Matthew Fox.

What's yours?

#2 Edited by JonSmith (3995 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends. A younger Cyclops, such as the age he might have been when he first joined the X-Men? I wouldn't mind Colton Haynes (Roy Harper, from Arrow) playing him. Older, like modern day Cyclops? Suppose Fox is as good a choice as any.

#3 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said:

Depends. A younger Cyclops, such as the age he might have been when he first joined the X-Men? I wouldn't mind Colton Haynes (Roy Harper, from Arrow) playing him. Older, like modern day Cyclops? Suppose Fox is as good a choice as any.

I really don't think Fox looks the part, but he's a capable actor.

#4 Edited by Cloakx14 (2734 posts) - - Show Bio

jared padalecki from Supernatural.

#5 Posted by RustyRoy (11902 posts) - - Show Bio

How about Brandon Routh?

#6 Posted by DADDY_XERO (54 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Padalecki (with a haircut)

but I like the idea if Alexander Skarsgård as Cyclops. he always comes across as calculating in his roles. bit of hair dye and some spandex (lol) and he's Cyclops.

#7 Edited by Jeremy1989 (643 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Padalecki (with a haircut)

but I like the idea if Alexander Skarsgård as Cyclops. he always comes across as calculating in his roles. bit of hair dye and some spandex (lol) and he's Cyclops.

Plus, I could see Skarsgård play a very convincing Sephiroth. If done right. lol

#8 Posted by Jeremy1989 (643 posts) - - Show Bio

I also think think Theo James (Franco) can play a convincing Cyclops, due to him being serious all the time, it would work.

#9 Posted by OWCHyouhurtme (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it is fair to dismiss Marsden for his performance. He is a great actor and has been good in everything he has ever appeared in. He has appeared as Cyclops for a total of five minutes. The problem is he needs more screen time and better script content, rather than being assigned to be the guy who can look bad so that Wolverine can look good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.