Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11231 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

The New Role and Direction for Cyclops and the X-Men

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#101  Edited By Grey56

@FoxxFireArt said:

How is it very different than a small group of human survivors against a world of zombies? They're the minority, their numbers aren't growing anymore, there is a group out to kill them, and no one is coming to their aide until maybe after a lot of people die. When you're numbers are in the 200s, you don't have the luxury positive thinking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Situational_ethics

- Yours was just the first I came across which expresses what's wrong with what Marvel has done to Cyclops in what amounts to the worst cop out of character demonization I can recall. It's absurd. I wouldn't argue if this were Logan taking this stance - I'd still disagree with its teleological premise, but I'd understand that source. Marvel whiffed on Summers as the new 'IMA TAKE MAH BALL AND GO HOME SINCE YER A MEANIE' moniker. It's garbage - and completely against what the character has stood for. I don't care one iota that it's ' new and provocative ' - it's not what Scott would do. Please don't tell me he hasn't faced moral dilemmas before now - it simply would be farce.

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

@TheCrowbar said:

I would've preferred a Cyclops solo book.

Imagine it, a red streak of light from one building to the next. The entire Office of Sentinel Research and Development(Or whatever it's called), wiped out.

I don't think a Cyclops solo would work. Cyclops, imo, works better in a team book where he's in charge.@Miss_Garrick said:

This is so wrong.

Cyclops just sent some prisoners to limbo, which means they're proably good as dead now, and he scarred the warden. How is this a good thing?!? He keeps ignoring the law to suit his goal! The prisoners killed a mutant imate, yes, but they would have probably have been punished for that. We won't know since Cyclops executed them!

He's sounding more and more like Apocalyspe! How is this okay?!?!

He should stay in prison for his crimes! He has gone too far. Does he feel remorse for killing Xavier at all?

WHAT IS YOUR DEAL MARVEL? WHY ARE YOU INSISTING THAT CYCLOPS SHOULD CONTINUE UNABATED!!??!!

How is he sounding more and more like Apocalypse? Where has he advocated mutant supremacy?

mightypug78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103  Edited By mightypug78

kind of cool to see cyclops become a kicka-s antihero. be neat to see him team up with punisher to kill a serial killer who targets mutants or something.

JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

@Miss_Garrick said:

@Jonny_Anonymous: Cyclops is not making the hard decisions now. He decided that the law doesn't apply to him and mutants anymore and he's going to make a X-team that will enforce whatever he says. If he was a good guy, he would stay in jail for the crimes he has commited.

The system is corrupt, the laws are biased against mutants, and the jail was prejudice against mutants and didn't offer any protection. I don't know how someone can think that anyone who's against these immoral rules and actions is a bad guy unless they themselves are immoral as well.

JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

@Gambit1024 said:

Mutant name? Brothers and Sisters of the Atom?

This all feels incredibly forced, and I don't like it.

It's Bendis, so...

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@Miss_Garrick said:

This is so wrong.

Cyclops just sent some prisoners to limbo, which means they're proably good as dead now, and he scarred the warden. How is this a good thing?!? He keeps ignoring the law to suit his goal! The prisoners killed a mutant imate, yes, but they would have probably have been punished for that. We won't know since Cyclops executed them!

He should stay in prison for his crimes! He has gone too far. Does he feel remorse for killing Xavier at all?

WHAT IS YOUR DEAL MARVEL? WHY ARE YOU INSISTING THAT CYCLOPS SHOULD CONTINUE UNABATED!!??!!

I'm right with you on that sister. I'll admit I was never a fan of Cyclops. Dunno why, just something about him never struck a cord with me I guess, that and I liked his brother Havok a LOT better.

Anyway, yeah this whole thing about "protecting and freedom fighting" is sounding like Magneto. Seriously, if I just read that and had no idea who was saying it then I'd go

"Oh, Magneto's taking over the X-Men"

Now I always believed the X-Men worked better in a universe all their own, devoid of other non-mutant superheroes or at the very least a world where non-mutant heroes common like maybe have Iron Man, Captain America, and MAYBE Spider-Man or even Iron Fist.

That aside, my point is that Cyclops is being counterproductive. He's literally becoming the next Magneto and I'm sure that Mr. Lenshir is going along with it because Scott is basically making the X-Men into a new Brotherhood.

Logan and Cable have committed similar hardcore actions and were still considered heroes. It seems people who have never liked Cyclops or don't like how he's been written the past few years are just using this to go after him with hyperbole and poor arguments.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#106  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Mutant name? Brothers and Sisters of the Atom?

This all feels incredibly forced, and I don't like it.

It's Bendis, so...

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@Miss_Garrick said:

This is so wrong.

I'm right with you on that sister. I'll admit I was never a fan of Cyclops. Dunno why, just something about him never struck a cord with me I guess, that and I liked his brother Havok a LOT better.

Anyway, yeah this whole thing about "protecting and freedom fighting" is sounding like Magneto. Seriously, if I just read that and had no idea who was saying it then I'd go

"Oh, Magneto's taking over the X-Men"

Now I always believed the X-Men worked better in a universe all their own, devoid of other non-mutant superheroes or at the very least a world where non-mutant heroes common like maybe have Iron Man, Captain America, and MAYBE Spider-Man or even Iron Fist.

That aside, my point is that Cyclops is being counterproductive. He's literally becoming the next Magneto and I'm sure that Mr. Lenshir is going along with it because Scott is basically making the X-Men into a new Brotherhood.

Logan and Cable have committed similar hardcore actions and were still considered heroes. It seems people who have never liked Cyclops or don't like how he's been written the past few years are just using this to go after him with hyperbole and poor arguments.

Says the man with the "Cyclops was right" icon.

JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

@80sBaby said:

@Cooke76: Well, first of all, that's only ONE Avenger and not "so many" as the poster suggested. Second, Wanda's "crimes" weren't public like Cyclop's were. That changes A Lot as the world governments would want him to pay. Also, unlike Cyclops, Wanda was truly insane and she expressed remorse for her actions. Third, what "crimes" did Wanda actually commit? Giving everyone their wish? Or are you speaking of eradicating the mutant gene, which isn't an actual "crime."

Wow, I can't believe someone has argued that genocide and messing with people's genes/bodies without their consent isn't a crime.

Also, Cyclops did express remorse.

Cooke76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Cooke76

@Miss_Garrick said:

@80sBaby: Wanda at least had the excuse of not being in her right mind when she did the "No more mutants" act.

And Cyclops was possessed by the Phoenix Force. Cuts both ways.

JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

@Smart_Dork_Dude:He was, and saying so isn't a hyperbole or a poor argument.

Cooke76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Cooke76

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

@80sBaby said:

@Cooke76: Well, first of all, that's only ONE Avenger and not "so many" as the poster suggested. Second, Wanda's "crimes" weren't public like Cyclop's were. That changes A Lot as the world governments would want him to pay. Also, unlike Cyclops, Wanda was truly insane and she expressed remorse for her actions. Third, what "crimes" did Wanda actually commit? Giving everyone their wish? Or are you speaking of eradicating the mutant gene, which isn't an actual "crime."

Wow, I can't believe someone has argued that genocide and messing with people's genes/bodies without their consent isn't a crime.

QFT on both counts.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#111  Edited By kagato

Regardless of everyones views its an exciting time to be a fan of the X Men, think about it, Marvel have caused a real life schism between fans, there are only a few on the fence, most people are pro or against Cyclops! I love it! When people ask me why i read comics i point to things like this, fans passionite about the books they read, putting their voice out there, its why comic books are one of the most interesting mediums of entertainment out there.

As i said in my previous post, im super excited to see how the past Cyclops deals with his future version, it raises some interesting questions. If the original X Men eventually go back to their own time, will what they have seen change who they eventually become? Will Cyclops still make the same decisions? Will Xavier mind wipe them and retain the knowlege himself that he will die at his adopted son's hands? Is it still possible to change our time line or are we splitting realities by sending them back? So many questions!!!

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#112  Edited By dernman
    @JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

@80sBaby said:

Not to start a debate about what it being called "genocide" or if you agree with what I'm about to say but isn't that what Cyclops wanted to do with the PF? 
    Edit: Forgot to bold.
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

@StMichalofWilson said:

I respect Cyclops, but now I am upset at him. He's becoming more of a Magneto and embracing that idea so profoundly. Another problem with him is he's so prideful that he's doing the right thing, he's abandoned everything the Xavier has taught him. I know that Xavier has some skeletons in the closet, but he taught Scott to be better than he was in the past. It seems like Cyke is making his own choices rather than listening and learning from Xavier. Someday, Scott will be a hero again, but until then, I hope he's used to getting his ass kicked again, and again, and again.

I'm really interested in the upcoming confortation between the original X-Men and the Exticntion Team, and also if Hope Summers is joining the Jean Grey School as a student or joining Scott's team or just staying neutral.

@Chaos Burn said:

Cyclops has become the new Magneto

I disagree that Cyclops is becoming like Magneto. He doesn't believe in mutant supremacy and has continued to help regular humans since he has started going down this road. Cyclops still believes in Xavier's dream, but thinks safety and taking down those who want to hurt mutants is more important. If anything, he's more of a militant extremist follower of Xavier's dream than Magneto's dream. To quote Thomas Jefferson, "We are soldiers, so our children can be farmers, so their children can be artists".

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#114  Edited By Queso6p4

@powerhouse1122: Your comment about how the All New X-Men may serve as a way of fixing things is interesting. Hmmm.

JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

@kagato said:

Regardless of everyones views its an exciting time to be a fan of the X Men, think about it, Marvel have caused a real life schism between fans, there are only a few on the fence, most people are pro or against Cyclops! I love it! When people ask me why i read comics i point to things like this, fans passionite about the books they read, putting their voice out there, its why comic books are one of the most interesting mediums of entertainment out there.

As i said in my previous post, im super excited to see how the past Cyclops deals with his future version, it raises some interesting questions. If the original X Men eventually go back to their own time, will what they have seen change who they eventually become? Will Cyclops still make the same decisions? Will Xavier mind wipe them and retain the knowlege himself that he will die at his adopted son's hands? Is it still possible to change our time line or are we splitting realities by sending them back? So many questions!!!

This is true. Hopefully this brings in more people to comics and to the X-Men universe.

@Dernman said:

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

@80sBaby said:

Not to start a debate about what it being called "genocide" or if you agree with what I'm about to say but isn't that what Cyclops wanted to do with the PF? Edit: Forgot to bold.

When he was corrupted by the power, yes. I don't condone his actions when he was like that.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By dernman
    @JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

@kagato said:

This is true. Hopefully this brings in more people to comics and to the X-Men universe.

@Dernman said:

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

@80sBaby said:

Not to start a debate about what it being called "genocide" or if you agree with what I'm about to say but isn't that what Cyclops wanted to do with the PF? Edit: Forgot to bold.

When he was corrupted by the power, yes. I don't condone his actions when he was like that.

Uh that's what he wanted to do before he ever got the PF force.
    Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#117  Edited By Queso6p4

@JoseDRiveraTCR7: Interesting perspective, especially with the Jefferson quote. Perhaps Chaos Burn meant that he's becoming more like Magneto by doing whatever it takes to ensure the survival of his people.

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By 80sBaby

@JoseDRiveraTCR7: It wasn't "genocide." That's a misapplied term here. And, by forcing new mutations to occur, Cyclops was doing the very thing you're condemning Wanda for, i.e. "messing with people's genes/bodies without their consent." So Cyke's a hypocrite as well as a criminal (NICE!) Also, Cyke had that plan PRIOR to being a Phoenix host so an Insanity Plea doesn't work for him like it does Wanda. Furthermore, killing Xavier wasn't "the only bad thing" he did. Forcing world governments to follow his rules, imprisoning his enemies in a Hell dimension without due process as well as allowing Namor, who was under Scott's command, to decimate and entire nation without any reparation are others. And he only felt sorry about Xavier, nothing else.

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By 80sBaby

@Dernman: THANK YOU!!! You're exactly right. Scott planned to force mutations BEFORE he was part of the Phoenix Five. Like I said, his and Wanda's situations aren't the same.

WildStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By WildStyle

I'm digging Cyclops current status quo a lot. It's neat to see a big character receive the type of character progression he's had over the years. He's changed from a boy scout to more of an anti hero type character and it's fully justified given the past state of the mutant race. All this is pretty damn interesting to me.

NuclearLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By NuclearLife

I fully support Cyclops and the path he has chosen. Sure to some he may seem like a terrorist, but he's in a world that would rather let his species die then help. So the actions he's takening are fully justified. If the world was out to kill your friends and family would you go get a lawyer and play by their bias rules? No, you take it into your own hands. And I don't see people complaining about the Punisher and him doing anything he views as right. He's saving lives and doing so outside the law, and he's solving the crime problem.

Cooke76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Cooke76

@80sBaby: The way I understood it, where Wanda forcibly blocked mutations from happening, what Scott was hoping for was that the Phoenix Force through Hope would unblock what she did and allow those mutations to happen as they would have naturally occurred, so no, helping nature move along on it's natural course does not make him a hypocrite or a criminal. As for forcing world governments to follow his rules, even the smartest man alive, Reed Richards, said that the P5 weren't really doing anything wrong and only lashed out when provoked by The Avengers (who struck the first blow to begin with). As for Namor, if you remember correctly, Scott told him that they weren't to take any sort of military action like that. It was Namor's doing when provoked by Emma.

Veidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Veidt

This is one more reason for me to keep thinking "what is the difference, for the average guy in the Marvel U, if someone got his powers from birth or from some of the hundreds of crazy plots we saw all these years?"

Ok, "mutants are another race, one that feels they are superior to us, to hell with them" one could think. But if the mutant don't declare himself to be a mutant, how could the average guy tell the difference between a mutant with the power to control Nature or Thor, or a mutant that can speak all languages from a guy in spandex that calls himself Spiderman?

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@80sBaby said:

You can't be serious

Cooke76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Cooke76

@Veidt: Well, Sentinels, for one. Those things have always had some sort of 'mutant detectors' haven't they?

spinningwebs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By spinningwebs

Cyclops has truly become one of the most interesting characters in Marvel.

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By JamDamage

First off, why is Cyclops evening being punished. He was overtaken by the Phoenix Force. Isn't that like a plea of insanity?? 2nd off. Growing up in a rough at times area this reminds me of the dealing with a bully. Try to be nice and do the right thing until all that is left is sticking up for yourself and punching him in the face. A person can only take so much. I'm glad Cyclops is getting more rough. He needs to.

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By 80sBaby

@Cooke76: true, except that Wanda is part of "nature." How does Scott know this isn't waht 'nature" intended all along. His motives weren't motivated by restoring the Natural Order but by attempting to preserve his "race." He wasn't anymore concerned with what nature wanted than Wanda was, so let's not pretend. As far as what Reed says, Richards is smart in SCIENCE not SOCIOLOGY/POLITICS. He also thought the SHRA was a good idea as well as agreeing with shooting Hulk off into space. Hell, the man can barely hold his marriage together so his opinion matters little here (and how many times has he stopped Doom from attempting to turn the planet into a Utopia?) I remember full well what Namor did just like I recall Scott did nothing to repair the damage done by someone under his command. Generals can be held accountable for the actions of their troops during war time. And, considering Scott still has Emma on his team, I don't think he's too upset with her actions re: Wakanda.

Cooke76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Cooke76

@Death Certificate said:

@80sBaby said:

You can't be serious

No kidding.

Cyclops expressed remorse repeatedly. The only thing he doesn't regret is the rebirth of the mutant gene (which also isn't a crime, 80sBaby). Also, it was hardly everyone's wish to have their x-gene taken away. Hell, weren't there even suicides amongst some former mutants distraught over it being forcibly taken away? I'd imagine for many it would be like losing your arms or legs.

Cooke76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Cooke76

@JamDamage: Apparently insanity and possession pleas only work if you're trying to commit genocide, not prevent it.

@80sBaby: The Phoenix Force is supposedly life incarnate, right? I'd say then, that the PF is pretty much the authority on nature. And are you actually telling me that the preservation of one's race isn't something worth fighting for? Really? Anyway, mutation is a part of evolution, so Cyke was totally attempting to preserve the natural order. As for Reed, don't forget, shooting the Hulk into space was also Iron Man and Professor X's idea, too, and I'm not sure what Reed's marital status has to do with anything, here. Okay, so if generals can be held accountable for their troops, shouldn't Cap be held accountable for Wanda's actions, too, then?

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By 80sBaby

@Cooke76: I never said it was a crime (I listed all of Cyke's crimes in my previous post. Forcing mutations wasn't among them.) My point is that, if what Wanda did was criminal, as some posters stated, then Cyclops did the same (and worse.) How the non-mutants dealt with their new situation isn't Wanda's fault. There are plenty of amputees that go on to live very fulfilling lives. And I don't see you praising her for the non-mutants who were happy to be rid of their mutation. If you're going to credit her with all the negatives then what about the positives? I've never attempted to excuse what Wanda did but she and Cyclops aren't comparable. That's been my point this whole time. I'm still waiting to hear about all the many Avengers that haven't paid for their crimes. So far, all I've heard about is Wanda, who was insane at the time of her "crime."

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

#132  Edited By JonesDeini

@minigunman123 said:

Cyclops is kind of a jerk and goes against what I used to know about him; not sure I like this new direction. I don't think it's very in-character. Wasn't he always the more mild mannered one? I'd understand if this was Wolverine or something, but Scott just doesn't seem like he'd do this. It seems somewhat forced.

The changes in Cyke's philosophy and methodology have been well handled and logically executed in my opinion. If you read the X titles that feature him from Messiah Complex until now that's pretty apparent. A lot of people I meet hold your position on this topic, and that cool, but those people also haven't truly followed his story closely in the past five years. The current direction that Scott's character's been going in has been some of the best, most interesting character development he's had in the history of the character. And it's not just because they made him more "dark" or "gritty" or some other prepubescent buzz world. The best writers of Scott in the past decade have placed his back against the wall and explored his inner depths. Scott's been used to do, generally, well crafted stories which explore the stark realities of an oppressed people, individual and societal morality, and the heavy weight and cost of leadership. Personally I hope Marvel stays the course on this. I have little to no faith in Bendis to continue to mine those depths nearly as well as Brubaker, Gillen,or Carey so I'll be skipping out on his Uncanny run.

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By 80sBaby

@Cooke76: No, the PF isn't the "authority" on nature anymore than Galactus is. It's not like the X-Men haven't opposed what the P wants before yet, in this instance, what it wants is law? No, I don't think so. This had nothing to do with Natural Law and everything to do with preserving the mutant "race." What do Tony and Prof X have to do with anything. they weren't the only ones concerned so their opinion wasn't a deciding factor. So, your point is pretty moot since I haven't claimed them as authorities who's word should be taken as gospel like you did with Reed. And yes, Cap would be accountable if it wasn't a fact that Wanda was insane at the time and Cap didn't have the power to stop her, which he tried to do nor were her crimes as public, which I already brought up. Unlike Cyclops. Again, your analogy fails. Cyke isn't comparable to Wanda, no matter how you try and spin things.

thveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By thveej

I'm more pro cyclops and thought he is mostly right about his position, but he should pay for his crime to some degree (not in that kind of prison where other inmates could be hurt because of his presence in jail).

However I think its laughable that Cyclops is made out to be the major villain coming out of AvX. Lets be honest if Captain America actually tried to talk things over with Cyclops, instead of demanding they hand over Hope; the whole AvX probably would not have happened. Any Comic book fan knew that X-men and Avengers fighting against each other would not help Hope or help contain the PF. If logically they had any chance of minimizing the damage from PF, it would require everyone in Marvel universe working together to train Hope and come up with contingencies in case Hope failed. Obviously comic books are fiction, but when characters don't act logically based on the context of the story, it really bothers me. I like where Cyclops is and what his motivations are nowadays but the completely retarded and poorly written beginning of AvX really ruins this kind of epic character progression.

Shame on you Marvel for completely ruining the beginning of AvX for what I see as financial gains from having a thrown together conflict so you can sell the idea of Avengers fighting, X-men. If half the thought given to AvX consequences were given to the beginning of AvX, people would not be complaining as much right now.

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By 80sBaby

@thveej: I can see how a lot of fans felt AvX was forced but I'm curious, how would you have written the beggining any differently? Keep in mind, you HAVE to have them fight each other.

blur1528

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#137  Edited By blur1528

@x_29 said:

HAH! Best thing ever!!

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

This is Cyclops's time to shine!!!

jorgeareizaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By jorgeareizaga
    WHAT WE NEED IS JEAN GREY´S RETURN!!!!
    McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#140  Edited By McKlayn

Bendis said in his interview that it's not public knowledge that Cyclops was responsible for all that happened, with that being said him going around killing the enemies of Mutants is no different then what Wolverine and X force was doing, which in that case was considered a great thing (by us fans at least) now the fans are turning on cyclops cause he is doing what wolverine does? it's silly

pokegus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By pokegus

Does he still keeps the chip of the void inside his head? That would explain a loooooooooooooooot

JoeEddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By JoeEddie

Mutant name.

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#143  Edited By TheMess1428

Instead of it being Charles and Erik, its now Scott and Logan. But ironically, they're on the opposite sides than we expected them to be.

thiagosantos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By thiagosantos

@Rosencrantz&Guildenstern said:

Wait a minute... I haven't read all the AvX related stuff yet, so please excuse me for me not being informed enough, but... I was under the impression that Cyclops used the Phoenix Force to have more mutants born, but this article suggest that he's rather made already existing persons to become mutants... against their will... Is that true? I mean, did he at least gave some mutants their power back who got depowered by the Scarlet Witch? Because of he's just randomly turned people into mutants, ignoring whether they want to be one or not, telling them "Guess what, you're a mutant. Hope you had no prejudice against us; now, kome wif me eef you wanna leev!"... well, in that case, maybe he's not such a tactical genius after all. Sorry for being an uninformed noob, I'd appreciate if some of you fellow comic book aficionados would enlighten me in regards if what really happened. Thanks for your patience.

As for Wolverine and his murders... sure, he's not a figurehead superhero like Spider-Man, but when was the last time he deliberately killed or endangered innocent people around him? I might not be the biggest comic book expert, but I remember him killing mainly criminals without whom our world's a better place... examples being either when he's mind controlled (which does happen a lot) or giving a mercy blow (if you consider Mariko innocent). Regarding cyclops killing Xavier... sure, he was under the influence of the Phoenix Force, but he was aware of the risk of meddling with such entities, so it's not quite the same as killing while being possessed against your will.

Nevertheless, while I not appreciate the whole "gambling with the life of billions" deal, Cyclops' imprortance and role prevents him from becoming an outright moustache-twisting villain. He will definately continue to play a crucial role in saving mutantkind. No matter how big a "jerk" he appears at times, he always ends up being right in the end. His X-team seems to grow akin to mutantkind's answer to The Authority.

I just hope he doesn't stare too long into that abyss... especially not with his visors removed XD

@Rosencrantz&Guildenstern: Maybe you don't remember but his squad of mutant assassins (X-Force) killed a child because he could've turned into the next incarnation of Apocalypse. Otherwise, killing people IS murder no matter if it's a good or a bad guy. If you compare how many people Wolverine killed in cold-blood versus how many Cyclops killed when he was "high" with the Phoenix, maybe you can see the difference. The problem is that the former is an Avenger and was never judged for his actions - both in the comics as well as by the readers.

Another Point: Some People keep saying that Cyclops was perfectelly aware of his actions during his possession by the Phoenix but AvX's creators themselves said, in previous interviews about the event, that everytime a Phoenix Five fell it was like the remaining ones got overcharged and "high" with the power - like a drug-addicted would (I remember this was emphasized in some interview). I suppose we can trust the writers, right?!

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#145  Edited By LordRequiem

I like this. He'll be alongside Magneto now.

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#146  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

I like this. If i were a new mutant I would definitely have Cyclops' back, he'd be the reason why I'd be special. Haha. Besides that, I totally agree with Cyclops and what he stands for. I'm enjoying that Magneto and Magik are on his side as well - I was also glad that Danger left, she was kind of a stand around character - I did however enjoy what she did to that prison guard when giving Cyclops' message to Wolverine.

I'm not looking forward to seeing Emma and Cyclops broken up though. I mean I do enjoy them together and I love Emma as a stand alone character, however I am worried about how they will portray her as a single lady. I personally don't see her as the type to be spiteful towards the breakup but for some reason I think that they're going to make her spiteful and sour about the break up which will just make her look petty and childish and that is not the Emma I once loved.

BUT other than my little scare for that, I'm looking forward to Marvel Now's All new X-Men and especially Uncanny X-Men :D Digging her new Costume as well! (The Black costume, not so much her All New X-Men one... too much clothing).

Zghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Zghost

To me Cyclops has become the Magneto of the 90's I just wonder where the story is going to go since there are so many other teams out there now, storms team, cables team, and now cyclops team looking out for mutants.

save.me.now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#148  Edited By save.me.now

I'm a little concerned by the fact that Cyclops used the term "Mutant Name". The only other place I've seen it used is in the Ultimate universe, where things are 110% bad for mutants ALL THE TIME. I really hope the mainstream universe isn't going in that direction or trying to emulate the Ultimate U in any way.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#149  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Nice article. Cyk hasnt been this relevant and popular since he originally hooked up with Emma. I like his more militant approach to be honest.

hyenascar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#150  Edited By hyenascar

@Novemberx2: no but he's following Malcolm X

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.