The NEW Cyclops

#1 Posted by SaintJohn (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Now the thing that always held back Cyclops was his "boy scout" attitude. While noble it doesnt work for all characters and Cyclops is one of them. He was always mocked and ridiculed for years. The only thing he has in his corner was that he has Jean. and when he lost Jean they gave him Emma. Now he has risen has a character popular enough to become the new face of mutants rather than Wolverine. He is a person who truly is a leader. He makes decisions that no other person can make,decisions that if it was the old Scott would have lead to the death of the species. He understood that the old ways wont work the same when your enemies are united. He accomplished the goals of Xavier AND Magneto at the same time because he sees the bigger picture and he always have. There is a reason why he is the best strategist in Marvel. Cyclops has gained MORE fans than he ever had and they out number the "old" fans. I really have enjoyed this new Cyclops for years now. You don't see many leaders of teams who is as dark as Cyclops and willing to go as far as he will to win. I LOVE IT. And to have him escape and run around doing his own thing while saying screw you to the Avengers makes him an ultimate badass. Marvel, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE leave him like this. There are too many "boy scout" leaders as is. When Cyclops was the "good guy" Nothing seperated his views on things from Captain America. Let there be a big contrast on how he does things from EVERY other leader. Giving him the edge has given a second wind to this character.

#2 Posted by Dernman (14962 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer the old one with bits of the new before he went off the rails.

#3 Posted by SaintJohn (143 posts) - - Show Bio

What is considered "off the rails" because him having the PF wasn't his fault. Him forming X-Force, him creating the extinction team, and him making asking Dani to trade a favor for Hela was all him and all of those decisions made sense.

#4 Posted by xmentas (175 posts) - - Show Bio

@SaintJohn said:

What is considered "off the rails" because him having the PF wasn't his fault. Him forming X-Force, him creating the extinction team, and him making asking Dani to trade a favor for Hela was all him and all of those decisions made sense.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't start a new AvX argument. We know Cyclops is right so let's leave it at that ;)

Anyways, for sure Cyke is the man! And it looks like he'll be the face of All New X-men! Move out wolverine there's a new beast in town!

#5 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1319 posts) - - Show Bio

Just please don't have him flashing the cross arm X every issue. That would make him more a clown then a badass IMHO.

#6 Posted by McKlayn (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crimsonlord53 said:

Just please don't have him flashing the cross arm X every issue. That would make him more a clown then a badass IMHO.

i like the X cross thingy, but it needs to be used wisely, HIm constantly doing it would get odd really quick and make him look stupid, but certain instances it could carry alot of weight

#7 Posted by Cyclops4ever (40 posts) - - Show Bio

@McKlayn: Ya I'm sure he will only use it when he wants to make a statement in battle or to the public about his cause

#8 Posted by Matchstick (565 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like the way Cyclops is heading. Seems to me Scott and Logan are going to be the new versions of Magneto and Prof. X.

#9 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@McKlayn said:

@Crimsonlord53 said:

i like the X cross thingy, but it needs to be used wisely, HIm constantly doing it would get odd really quick and make him look stupid, but certain instances it could carry alot of weight

Yeah...I've this horrible vision in my head were all of Extinction Team bares the X arms and suddenly break out into a dance number with dubstep playing obnoxiously in the background...O_o

#10 Posted by Metatron_Da_Don (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

Everytime I see him in jail, I get the feeling he is that guy from Breaking Bad, except with fighting skills. The school teacher gone bad.
I don't know if thats an accurate comparison but is anyone else getting that vibe?

Also a little bit of Osborn, when he was in jail.
This is probably the first time Ive really actually liked Cyclops, he;s a mastermind with backup plans and fighting skills and a potential martyr etc etc (in AVX Consequences, which I thought would be a dumb mini, is actually making waves in the MCU)

#11 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Metatron_Da_Don: Not until you said it lol

#12 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2855 posts) - - Show Bio

@SaintJohn: Not the teen boy scout Cyclops who yells "JEAN!!!" every other sentence. But the Cyclops who took on both the Avengers and the X-men, saved the mutant race, and willingly went to jail with his head held high because he was right all along

#13 Posted by Metatron_Da_Don (1037 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar: Am I off though?I
I only watched 2 breaking bad episodes. But I find it funny, I never really liked Cyclops, cuz he was stiff, but now he's showing he is thinking 2 steps ahead of everyone and is a BAMF. He was ready to be a martyr in jail, then he blamed himself for a death in jail, and had some fights and if last AVX is any indication
#14 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Metatron_Da_Don: No no I see it and I can't unseen it...oh god Cyclops cooking meth....

#15 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

^ I love the Cyclops that's his avatar...

#16 Posted by Metatron_Da_Don (1037 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:

@Metatron_Da_Don: No no I see it and I can't unseen it...oh god Cyclops cooking meth....

Cooking Meth to help your family = Using the Phoenix Force to save mutant kind (at the expense of the Professor)
#17 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

^ I love the Cyclops that's his avatar...

Likewise

I liked the boycott

#18 Posted by SaintJohn (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops is awesome now. He doesn't need to change..............................how is he going to take over te brotherhood when Daken is in charge of the evil brotherhood of mutants

#19 Posted by imperial90 (53 posts) - - Show Bio

@SaintJohn: By having Magik get rid of him with an all expense paid vacation to Limbo?

#20 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2855 posts) - - Show Bio

#21 Posted by chocobojam (288 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops and his Xtinction team really look badass. and i wouldnt want it any other way!!

#22 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: Where'd this scan come from?

#23 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2855 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74: the end of avx:consequences 5

#24 Posted by Imperius_Rex (452 posts) - - Show Bio

Spoilerssssssssssss!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.