Should Marvel Do Away with Cyclops?

• 121 results
#1 Posted by The_Assassin_ (17429 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by The_Assassin_ (17429 posts) - - Show Bio

Forgot to say, Yes can also mean something along the lines of "He leaves the X-Men and is just never seen again"

#3 Posted by The Umbra Sorcerer (8130 posts) - - Show Bio

KILL, KILL, KILL xP

#4 Posted by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, then the X-Men will finally end.

#5 Posted by The_Assassin_ (17429 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't forget to Vote on the Poll above

#6 Edited by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

Why kill him?

#7 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew there was some Cyclops hate but I really didn't think there was that much.
#8 Posted by Kid_Zombie (824 posts) - - Show Bio

no not at all! He's one of the best parts of X-men. why would you kill the lead guy?

#9 Edited by The_Assassin_ (17429 posts) - - Show Bio

Simply because he has a truly awesome power and is for some reason the X-Men's leader, but all he seems to do is Whine and complain. Cracked.com says it best, Go read the page about him there. 

#10 Posted by joshmightbe (24620 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mikepool: thats only because current marvel seems hell bent on destroying themselves
#11 Posted by The_Assassin_ (17429 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe:  I don't see losing Cyclops as a major loss honestly...
#12 Posted by The Umbra Sorcerer (8130 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mikepool said:
" Simply because he has a truly awesome power and is for some reason the X-Men's leader, but all he seems to do is Whiny and complain. "
Thats The same reason for me. Ever since Matt fraction took over i Hate Cyclops but now that he's off the title. I'll Probably like him again.
#13 Posted by joshmightbe (24620 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mikepool: I'm not saying it would just that Scott's new attitude is just another symptom of everything thats currently wrong with marvel
#14 Edited by The_Assassin_ (17429 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
" @Mikepool: I'm not saying it would just that Scott's new attitude is just another symptom of everything thats currently wrong with marvel "
A valid point....
#15 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

he shouldn't die 
I mean, he could retire or just leave the X-Men 
but I don't think he should die
#16 Posted by The_Assassin_ (17429 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shadowdoggy:  I forgot to add "He just leaves" to the Poll
#17 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

noooo...dont ever kill him

#18 Posted by stu (378 posts) - - Show Bio

cyclops  probably is the best thing in marvel right now...why kill him?!

#19 Edited by Edamame (27974 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:

" Why kill him? "

Because he blew my house up with his optic blasts.

@Sexy Merc said:
"

"
I concur with this statement.
#20 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio

He shouldn't be killed. I'm tired of Marvel killing characters. He could just go away for a while

#21 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: Then you shouldn't build your house in front of his eyes. lol
#22 Posted by IrishX (2311 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
"

"

Not sure which is more lame.... your comment or this thread.
#23 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Umbra Sorcerer said:
" KILL, KILL, KILL xP "
Pass me the Ruby Quartz armor & sword...!
#24 Posted by The Umbra Sorcerer (8130 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @The Umbra Sorcerer said:
" KILL, KILL, KILL xP "
Pass me the Ruby Quartz armor & sword...! "
"Here's the armor" turns round and gets a GAINT ASS AXE
#25 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

Must we kill him?

#26 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
"Why kill him? "

Why NOT? BWAHAHAAHAA. >:P
#27 Posted by joshmightbe (24620 posts) - - Show Bio

What Marvel really needs to do is get Bendis and all the rest of Joe Q's cronies out and Hire some decent writers who actually respect the characters and fans 

#28 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

What Marvel really needs to do is give me editorial control of the entire X and mutant franchise.

#29 Posted by .Andferne. (582 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @The Umbra Sorcerer said:
" KILL, KILL, KILL xP "
Pass me the Ruby Quartz armor & sword...! "
Cyke would just drop a house down around you then. xP
#30 Posted by andrea_mendoza1997 (342 posts) - - Show Bio

Again thats crazy talk !!!!!!!!

#31 Posted by PowerHerc (81623 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not a fan of the character, but I'm so sick of Marvel using character death as a plot device, not mention Cyclops has his own loyal fans who deserve to be able to buy, read and have new stories about the character, so I say; No, don't kill him.  He's a fictional character who can be used to entertain fans and make money.  You hear that, Marvel.  Make your characters more interesting and compelling rather than killing them and then resurrecting them to generate fan interest
#32 Posted by spiderguylll (620 posts) - - Show Bio

If Cyclops dies, I'm going to DC
#33 Posted by jstarzyk (317 posts) - - Show Bio

I vote keep him alive, but oust him from power.  Preferably an Emma-led coup that leaves her dead and him in the gutter.

#34 Posted by batmanary (798 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderguylll: DC is pretty awesome....
I say keep Cyclops...he hasn't been much of a whiner lately, but a leader...and hh has an added depth to his character that is getting rare in Marvel right now...(For me at least)
#35 Posted by lorex (946 posts) - - Show Bio

I know there are a lot of Cyke haters out there but for me there are no X-Men without him. He has been through it all and his character her progressed from Xavier's most loyal follower to a 
capable leader in his own right. I do think he is getting too much attention but I think that is the fault of the writers claiming some characters are too hard to wright for.

#36 Posted by DefaultProphet (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyke is the best he's ever been, he's finally not a wuss.  I really don't understand how you can hate him now.

#37 Posted by darth_fletcher (262 posts) - - Show Bio

i like cyclops but definitely see magneto or namor leading the x-men sometime soon !!!

#38 Posted by StarKiller809 (1237 posts) - - Show Bio

I like cyclopse.
#39 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12522 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyke just needs to graduate to the f*%$*ng Avengers already
#40 Posted by Iron_Lad (315 posts) - - Show Bio

Kill him...get him out of there.

#41 Posted by theicon (1797 posts) - - Show Bio

make him evil, and like kill a major xmen character or 2, that be  beast and become magneto's  weapon and  instrument

#42 Posted by The Devil Tiger (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like the jerk is becoming under Fraction writing. But I think killing him is unnecessary. (It wold be WORSE writing.) 

Maybe just an Humiliation Conga will suffice.

#43 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
Yea Marvel killing characters does not equal "HIGH SALES" just makes lots of people rage. (Excluding the death of Sentry...) 

Cyclops is a good character and should stick around. Very strong character. Maybe he could go away for a bit and Havok would take over for a little while.
#44 Posted by The Impersonator (5020 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops is a great leader of the X-Men. There's no way that Marvel would kill him.

#45 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
" @Mikepool: I'm not saying it would just that Scott's new attitude is just another symptom of everything thats currently wrong with marvel "
It's Fraction's take on Scott's new attitude that embodies everything that's currently wrong with Marvel. 
Joss Whedon was able to make it work; other writers have been pretty successful. Only Fraction thinks it's acceptable to wreck other characters and have Scott say things like "Freakin' Magneto!".
#46 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
@IrishX said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
"

"
Not sure which is more lame.... your comment or this thread. "
Haha, too true.
#47 Posted by Mercy_ (92558 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
" @joshmightbe said:
It's Fraction's take on Scott's new attitude that embodies everything that's currently wrong with Marvel. Joss Whedon was able to make it work; other writers have been pretty successful. Only Fraction thinks it's acceptable to wreck other characters and have Scott say things like "Freakin' Magneto!". "
QFT
#48 Posted by SC (12700 posts) - - Show Bio

Alaskan vacation (again)  

Characters are rarely a problem, its writers, what should Marvel do with Fraction, in which case given him an Iron Fist ongoing!!!!! Fraction would probably work well on Spider-man too!

#49 Posted by TheThe (1729 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont want him to die,but they need to bring a real leader,with his own mind and reflexion.Not one-dimensional pussyboi.

#50 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14402 posts) - - Show Bio

As i have mentioned before , give me a fall of Cyclops arc. I want to see him disgraced and angry maybe even growing the AOA look hair/facil hair combo and going rogue.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.