Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11232 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

Should Havok still be immune to Scott's Stare?

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheCrowbar

As in his optic blast. Now that Cyclop's blasts are phoenix altered would this be a good time to get rid of that immunity?

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By PrinceIMC

I think he still should. I hope the actual energy of Scott's beams haven't changed just his power output and what he can do with them has. I hope anyway.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@PrinceIMC said:

I think he still should. I hope the actual energy of Scott's beams haven't changed just his power output and what he can do with them has. I hope anyway.

That seems to be the case now anyway. He's just massively supercharged since he wasn't controlling them all too well. The spirals and what not could just be like only parts of the blast were focused hence the straight blasts with other parts whipping everywhere.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheCrowbar

@PrinceIMC: What do you like about the immunity though?

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PrinceIMC

@TheCrowbar said:

@PrinceIMC: What do you like about the immunity though?

I think they should still be immune to each other's blasts and be able to use each others blasts to charge themselves up.

Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
    oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

So he is able to control his blast or optic beam. Kind of like a Green Lantern, but red? I mean its only energy coming out of his eyes right? I think it would be really cool if he could control it and shape it. Maybe not as good as a Green Lantern but still. So maybe he will be able to throw sharp rings of energy out of his eyes instead of a beam and create a shield with it too.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheCrowbar

@PrinceIMC: You like the charging up?

@oviouslyjeangrey: It's not like the Green Lantern's power at all, it's pure kinetic energy it has to be always moving.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PrinceIMC

@TheCrowbar said:

@oviouslyjeangrey: It's not like the Green Lantern's power at all, it's pure kinetic energy it has to be always moving.

Yeah I like the fact that Alex and Scott can charge up each others blasts with their own.

I don't really want Scott to make shields of shapes with his optic blasts but maybe curve it around corners, fire multiple blasts in multiple directions and perhaps even randomly change directions on the way to a target like Darkseid's omega beams. Those are the things I'd like to see.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheCrowbar

@PrinceIMC: I would love it if his power became less like a sledgehammer and more like billions of needles penetrating an object with immense power, or more use of his mastery of spatial geometry

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@TheCrowbar: Ok well maybe not a shield, but he could still shoots rings or curve them at least. I hope he keeps his visor forever though.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheCrowbar

@oviouslyjeangrey: Well that's your opinion on that matter, and I acknowledge it.

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@TheCrowbar: Thank You.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By Yung ANcient One

I don't really want Scott to make shields of shapes with his optic blasts but maybe curve it around corners, fire multiple blasts in multiple directions and perhaps even randomly change directions on the way to a target like Darkseid's omega beams. Those are the things I'd like to see.

(+)

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PrinceIMC said:

@TheCrowbar said:

Yeah I like the fact that Alex and Scott can charge up each others blasts with their own.

I like this idea. I am in favor of forcefield based powers like Susan Storm's or Quasar's, but I kind of like the idea of Scott gaining omega beams.

I'm not sure if they retconned the origin of Cyclop's energy source, but I thought the only reason he and Havok were immune to each other's blasts was because they were variants of similar energy sources/genetic matrixes: Scott's were powered by solar, extradimensional energy while Havok's were cosmic.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By One_Eye

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

@PrinceIMC said:

@TheCrowbar said:

I like this idea. I am in favor of forcefield based powers like Susan Storm's or Quasar's, but I kind of like the idea of Scott gaining omega beams.

I'm not sure if they retconned the origin of Cyclop's energy source, but I thought the only reason he and Havok were immune to each other's blasts was because they were variants of similar energy sources/genetic matrixes: Scott's were powered by solar, extradimensional energy while Havok's were cosmic.

Personally, I hope that Scott is able to harm Havok with his optic blast just for sheer surprise factor. Then again I'm not a fan of Havok. Would make for an amusing battle.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#16  Edited By Teerack

I always liked how siblings couldn't use their powers on each other unless they were something really simple like super speed.

spetsnaz_gru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By spetsnaz_gru

@Teerack said:

I always liked how siblings couldn't use their powers on each other unless they were something really simple like super speed.

Now we know why the Klitschko's won't fight each other.

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By slimlim

I don't think that Marvel cares much about that.

In the original AOA, Cyclops was taken down by Havok's blast.

For me, i think unless it serves a story purpose, immunity to each other's powers is not important. I'm much more interested in HOW exactly his Optic Blasts will be altered.

I hope its not too different. No forming of shapes and stuff please. Some angle control, be it changing direction in swirls or "omega beam" style could be interesting.

I really feel it should be more about RAW POWER that needs to be controlled. Like Blackbolt. With Cyclops its all about control. Be it over his powers, or the situation he's in. Thats what makes him such a great combat general and strategist. We've seen before that his blasts can do some pretty serious damage, but what if his power can now stop even the Hulk? The catch being, the more power he lets out, the less control he has over it. Previously without his visor, power just pours out of him at full blast. What if he can exact a lot more control over the strength of the blast without the tuning of his visor?

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DarkxSeraph

" With Cyclops its all about control. Be it over his powers, or the situation he's in. "

Save for the fact that in Astonishing, he pretty much admitted the core of his inability to control was due to his own decision NOT to try to control them. An interesting talk with him and Emma. I suggest checking it out.

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Madame_Mist

It must suck not being able to use your superpower on an annoying younger sibling.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.