Respect Cyclops

• 93 results
#51 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull: Sweet. I shall add these.

#52 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18677 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@TheAcidSkull: Sweet. I shall add these.

cool :)

#53 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull: I will get you scans in return for something Hulk related little brutha.

#54 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18677 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@TheAcidSkull: I will get you scans in return for something Hulk related little brutha.

Thanks CHAMP OF CV! :D

#55 Posted by Billy Batson (58295 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

@slimlim said:

@xxxddd: As mentioned, the Optic Blasts produce no heat. However, there can be heat generated by friction due to concussive force. As for the "smoking visor" effect that he's often shown with, could be friction applied to the visor? there's a promo by john cassaday which shows a comic book catching fire from cyclop's gaze. as the image is obviously non-canon, i suppose if he had absolute control of his beams, he could emit his blasts much like rubbing a stick into dry leaves to start a fire.

but mostly, i take those "heat" related images as artistic liberties.

We sure that's not Wolverine lighting it with a cigar we're not allowed to see him smoke?

How's that even possible when both of his hands are hold the comic?
BB

#56 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: Anything can happen in comics.

#57 Posted by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@fodigg said:

@slimlim said:

@xxxddd: As mentioned, the Optic Blasts produce no heat. However, there can be heat generated by friction due to concussive force. As for the "smoking visor" effect that he's often shown with, could be friction applied to the visor? there's a promo by john cassaday which shows a comic book catching fire from cyclop's gaze. as the image is obviously non-canon, i suppose if he had absolute control of his beams, he could emit his blasts much like rubbing a stick into dry leaves to start a fire.

We sure that's not Wolverine lighting it with a cigar we're not allowed to see him smoke?

BB

It's pushed onto one of his claws, like a sausage on a kabob.

#58 Posted by Aero_gt (840 posts) - - Show Bio

I take a little downtime and comeback to this Feels groovy. From those Scans he's looks on par with Nightwing on speed and agility, but is probably x more or as tactical as Batman. I'd like to see more physical feats like him incorporating Judo and Aikman though.

#59 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4106 posts) - - Show Bio

his whole life seems like a danger room sequence:

its like half robot but then again they said wolverine was part-machine and part human/mutant

no wonder he doesnt want to get married again it would make him lose focus on being a leader

#60 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4106 posts) - - Show Bio

i think teen jean said it best in all-new x-men 2 that she doesnt want to be dating a homicidal mutant terrorist

#61 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

i think teen jean said it best in all-new x-men 2 that she doesnt want to be dating a homicidal mutant terrorist

I'm curious as to what this has to do with anything in my thread?

#62 Posted by wolverinethesoldier (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow

#63 Posted by JohnnyGat (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

I'm curious as to what this has to do with anything in my thread?

Every topic in the internet will have a comment designed to go against the intent of the topic. Every topic in the internet. Every topic.

#64 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4106 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: @JohnnyGat:

Good Times........

and the bad

#65 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: Your images didn't even show up.

#66 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4106 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyGat: @god_spawn:sorry it didnt show up the first time

The Good Times......
and the bad
#67 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: Oh Cyclops...you never did fulfill that promise. I would've loved to see a big truck dropped on Gambit.

#68 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@fodigg said:

@slimlim said:

BB

wow, so no one else assumed that was because of Lockheed? man, do I feel like a joker..

Really cool thread, by the way.

#69 Posted by Kain (195 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a huge Cyclops fanboy. Love this thread.

#70 Posted by time (5166 posts) - - Show Bio

nice thread, while I'm not  huge Cyclops fan, I do respect the effort you put in it. Good Job.

#71 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: Thank you. I appreciate the sentiment.

#72 Posted by time (5166 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:

@time: Thank you. I appreciate the sentimen

You should do some more good threads like this one.  I love seeing detail threads like this one.

#73 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4106 posts) - - Show Bio

i think scott is mad about seeing jean again because beast made scott look bad infront of jean....scott still cares for jean in my opinion ie avx12 when scott saw a shadow figure of jean telling him to let go of the phoenix force, who else would have a calming affect on scott then jean (not emma because she has the opposite affect on him ie destroy the world make it in their image)

i remember reading a what if comic about what if phoenix(force jean) fall in love with wolverine and it said that since wolverine didnt have a calming affect on phoenix( unlike scott does), phoenix destroyed the whole universe

i guess thats why it never worked out between jean and logan...lol

#74 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

This made me smile.

#75 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4106 posts) - - Show Bio

you never mentioned scotts relationships which are interesting too

after maddies funeral

is that the same coat.....wierd

#76 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4106 posts) - - Show Bio

lol bobby

lol the prince and princess of the.....x-men

Piotr: "Before we go our separate ways, Scott, I would like to ask you one thing -- do you truly plan to "retire" from this life?"

Scott: "Not so much a plan, Piotr...More like a dream, I guess. My own dream. To find a life of my own with Jean, and raising kids. Nothing more than a normal, real life." (Scott embraces Jean as the five of them take off.) "Some dreams die of neglect, though. And some die before they're even born..."

scott's prediction came true....scott and jean are over :'(

cant argue with scott hes always right :)

uncanny x-men 170:

Instead, he takes a coin out of his pocket, spins it into the air. Quickly, he raises his glasses and hits the coin with a focussed optic beam. As the coin falls back into his hand it has a perfectly round hole in the middle. He is a mutant, Scott explains. His eyes fire beams of force. At full strength, he can pulverize a tank or punch holes through mountains. Madelyne’s impressed. She shouldn’t be, he tells her; the power is uncontrollable. Only his eyelids or those special ruby quartz glasses hold it in check. Madelyn reacts with understanding. It must be awful for him to always be on his guard, afraid of the slightest accident or mistake. That’s his nightmare, he admits, it’s rare to find someone who understands.

#77 Posted by Alurvelve (3655 posts) - - Show Bio

Great work, GS. You did forget to mention his one uber super power though. Telepathic lust. The ability to make telepaths fall in love and adore him. :P

#78 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

@alurvelve: I have a telepathic pic with him and Emma. I think that is enough :P.

#79 Edited by fivestarga (240 posts) - - Show Bio

Really great thread, people who arent familiar with Cyke should read this before voting on his Batman fight.

#81 Posted by PietroMaximoffIsTheMan (56 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Do you know what issue this one is from?

#82 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio
#83 Posted by martinceld (670 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: may I know what issue the one of scott hurting dormamu is?

#84 Posted by martinceld (670 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: may I know what issue the one of scott hurting dormamu is? and BTW you should add the scans of when scott beat master mold 1v1. Let me know if you dont have them I can post them for you

#85 Edited by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio
#86 Posted by martinceld (670 posts) - - Show Bio
#87 Posted by Darksider555 (419 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice respect thread God _Spawn :D

Will you continue it with the Uncanny X-men comic?

#88 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

@darksider555: Thank you. And I have been continuing it with the new UXM comic.

#89 Posted by Pizzaman (767 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: You have a nice respect thread here. The only other place i've seen one on is CBR but that place is full of cyclops bashers.

#90 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

@pizzaman: Thank you. I saw one on KMC I think too. But out of those, I've actually seen mine used on other debate sites so I've been happy about that.

#91 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

Reminder for myself to save these on my other laptop.

#92 Edited by cresShadow (327 posts) - - Show Bio

one of my favorite moments

#93 Edited by jashro44 (25313 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure if this is here but young cyclops shows some good accuracy, taking down 3 enemies with one shot:

#94 Edited by cresShadow (327 posts) - - Show Bio

crazy precise ricochet shot

#95 Edited by cresShadow (327 posts) - - Show Bio

although not tech savvy like beast, young scott can still tinker with alien tech

cyclops defines the term sharp shooter

cyclops usually uses his beams to destroy but sometimes things just need a little push

tags spider-man from a distance

#96 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

@cresshadow: There are only a couple of those feats I haven't put in, others I haven't mentioned for a reason or I have already posted.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.