Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11231 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

Pryor

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By jordama

How important was his relationship with pryor? cause i always figured it was just a small incident
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

He married her, and she had his child.  She was the main reason he couldn't bring himself to be with Jean when X-Factor re-formed.   She joined the X-Men after Cyclops walked out on her.  And there wouldn't have been much of a story to Inferno without her.

It might be ancient history, but it wasn't 'small'.

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jordama

how long were they a couple. within comics time stream and in normal time?
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty
    Cyclops & Madelyne Pryor were married in 1983.  Inferno was in 1989.   

There's no such thing as 'normal time' in comics.  Kitty Pryde was introduced as a young teenager in 1980, but every time she shows signs of growing, she has been regressed to her late teens & early 20s for the last 20 years.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

madelyne proved cyke was a tool, theres no excuse for abandoning your wife and kid

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xerox_kitty

But apparently it's okay to cheat on your wife telepathically with a blonde former villain who wears very little ;)

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By castleking
    no, its not okay either.... he is just an overall tool........
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By iLLituracy

Heeeeellz yeeeaaaahhh.

Infidelity is all good, being a deadbeat dad is horrible on the other hand.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @castleking said:
    " no its not okay either.... he is just an overall tool........"
    LOL!  He sure is a tool... 

But I find it funny that over-all, it wasn't okay to leave Maddie yet he purposefully kept his distance from Jean.  Yet when it came to cheating on Jean, he was into a full blown sordid telepathic relationship with Emma... but the general comic reading public has forgiven him :p
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By castleking
    i haven't.   i never thought it was okay for him to leave Madelyn... that is actually why i hated Cyclops for so long and still hate his character development....... but, it's comics and soap opera type writing is prevalent...........

" i'm an X-Man but for whatever reason something inside me snapped and i've become a temporal terrorist who is obsessed with preserving the timeline,  although i know for a fact that nothing i do can alter the current timeline or the reality/ alternate timeline i came from"........ 

i will become a genocidal world level murder Worse then hitler/apocalypse and onslaught combined in order to preserve a timeline that i should know for a fact i can not in any way effect.........hmm.....

i mean does that make a remote lick of sense to you?

it's like a guy knowing he can't fly his entire life and then one day comes to a realization he is going to try anyways even though it is against the physics of the world

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @castleking said:
    "it's like a guy knowing he can't fly his entire life and then one day comes to a realization he is going to try anyways even though it is against the physics of the world"
    You do realise that's exactly how Warpath discovered he could fly :p 

Rant and comparisons to Hitler aside, this is comic books.  It makes as much sense as the writer wants it to.  But no matter who the writer is, I still don't like Cyclops.  I don't go over the top & compare him to the likes of Hitler either.
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By castleking
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @castleking said:
    "it's like a guy knowing he can't fly his entire life and then one day comes to a realization he is going to try anyways even though it is against the physics of the world"
    You do realise that's exactly how Warpath discovered he could fly :p  Rant and comparisons to Hitler aside, this is comic books.  It makes as much sense as the writer wants it to.  But no matter who the writer is, I still don't like Cyclops.  I don't go over the top & compare him to the likes of Hitler either. "
    i was thinking more along the lines of Bishop and his time travel obsession and nuking the world and killing various ppl...... and him thinking its okay because they dont really exist from his point of view.........

also i thought it was condor who learned how to fly by jumping over and over and over until he managed to b^%$# slap gravity....
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @castleking: What has Bishop's change in character/direction got to do with Cyclops or Maddie Pryor?!
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By castleking
    i was pointing out the cheesy soap opera writing that comics suffer from by using bishop as an Example but i guess i could use cyclops/jean and cable instead...... sorry...
    jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jordama
    @xerox-kitty:
    Normal time i meant our time, Comi time i meant were they together in the comic for a year, tewo years. did they ever even have an anniversary?
    nikbackm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By nikbackm
    @Phoenix of the Black Throne said:

Maddie (the "victum:) decided to kill her own son for her own selfish reasons, mostly Scott not wanting her, which makes her sound a lot like the example above to the Nth power.  "scott doesn't love me and by extension does not love our child, so I'll become evil and kill my son." "

Yes, very convenient wasn't it? :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.