• 96 results
#51 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed. 

#52 Posted by DEGRAAF (7911 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"erik said:
"Cyclops3000 said:
"well, he has a useful but dangerous power, but he's not that underated"
Yes he is. People do not respect his power. 
"

He's one of the most underated characters in the MU."
i agree but personally i just dont like him. he seems like a panzy to me. I think he should have learned to control his powers with out having to wear the glasses any more that would help even though i know he is known by his cyclopes eye wear. than he needs to get an indefinite attitude adjustment. You would think that losing Jean and her becoming evil or whatever and Emma being evil that he would be bitter and not let people in. Isolate him self and be more cold hearted towards people
#53 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
DEGRAAF said:
i agree but personally i just dont like him. he seems like a panzy to me. I think he should have learned to control his powers with out having to wear the glasses any more that would help even though i know he is known by his cyclopes eye wear. than he needs to get an indefinite attitude adjustment. You would think that losing Jean and her becoming evil or whatever and Emma being evil that he would be bitter and not let people in. Isolate him self and be more cold hearted towards people
"
  • Damage doen to his head prevents him from controlling his abilities.
  • Scott isn't a "panzy"
  • Emma isn't evil
#54 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"DEGRAAF said:
"
  • Scott isn't a "panzy"
  • Emma isn't evil
"
To add on to this a leader at times also has to keep himself isolated. This way he can keep a frame of mind that would not jeopardize the team or mission. I can debate both sides of the fence on this one as they have pros and cons. Ever think that it might just be that he is not a people person. Fact is he has to make hard decisions in the heat of the moment so yeah he is going to have a 'attitude' at times.
#55 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"DEGRAAF said:
"
  • Scott isn't a "panzy"
  • Emma isn't evil
"
It turns out that it was not the blow to the head that caused the inability to control his powers, but some sort of decision he made when his powers first manifested. I am still trying to figure it out. He is a control freak when he cannot control his powers but when he controls his powers, he is kind of insane. 
#56 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

when was that mentioned?

#57 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

Astonishing X-Men. I believe it was issue #24. 

#58 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

i'll reread. I remember him telling Emma to shut up in that series. He's gross.

#59 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol. He seemed kind of out of his mind when his powers first turned off and he was wasting the bad guys with his pistol. 

#60 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

the "shut up" thing came before he ever went to space.

#61 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah. So did the pistol using. You do not like macho crazy guys Pix? Lol.

#62 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, Cyclops... there are no words.

#63 Posted by Psyker star (3402 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
"

I think he once said it could cut through a small planet in once comic.

"
Is this what you were talking about?

#64 Posted by gambit18 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

in fact, their fear is what you can do to others without the visor.

But we know that without the visor, is at full power

no viewfinder = optic blast at maximum power.

scott maximum power =  not hurts a super strong.

#65 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
@gambit18 said:
"  in fact, their fear is what you can do to others without the visor.But we know that without the visor, is at full powerno viewfinder = optic blast at maximum power.scott maximum power =  not hurts a super strong. "
He hurt WWH with his visor on.
#66 Posted by gambit18 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

not done much,   in addition to bleeding hulk always do ...   but he did nothing ...   and that is always .

rogue ( ms marvel powers) vs scott  without the visor ( maximum power ),  not hurt her  : )

something that it already knew... superstrong vs scott =  scott  looser

#67 Posted by gunjin (714 posts) - - Show Bio

ok questions about this optic blast: 

from this thread and his comicvine page it looks like scott's blast so far: 

1. can split a planet in half at full potential. 
2. produces no recoil and is pure kinetic energy
3. generates 2 gigawatts per civil war 
4. perpetually on, even behind his eyelids  
5. his beams are not something you can physically stand on 
6. his beams are not lasers

questions: 

1. if the power is consistently on, does it maintain the same consistent energy? (i.e. if a blast door was holding back a nuclear explosion, but it slowly slid up vertically, wouldn't the wave from the explosion that slipped through still hit with the same impact, just not the same size?) 
2. if he were to fall out of a plane and blast at the ground, wouldn't it just create a deeper hole for him to fall in? 
3. if his blasts are pure kinetic energy but have some sort of mass to strike with do they travel with infinite density? 
4. if they do travel with infinite density, shouldn't his blast generate black holes or at least sonic booms? 
5. his beams aren't lasers but can still be used trigonometrically? wouldn't they just crush whatever they bounced off of (or at least pushed out of alignment), if not ruby quartz?  
6. is he using some sort of x-men kentucky windage to compensate?

#68 Posted by Silver Knight75 (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Cyclops see when firing his optic blasts or does he need to see what he is aiming at before he can fire?

#69 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver Knight75 said:
" Can Cyclops see when firing his optic blasts or does he need to see what he is aiming at before he can fire? "
Yeah he can see while firing because he's always firing his blasts.
#70 Posted by darth_fletcher (262 posts) - - Show Bio

in age of apocalypse cyclops took off wolverines adamantium hand and in mutant x havok melted an adamantium door which are both huge feats...like to see something like like in 616 universe !!!

#71 Posted by Atari_Graphics (171 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Cyclops need to activate his optic blasts by pressing on his visor or can he fire it at will without pressing any buttons? Lets say hes carrying a body with both hands.

This is more of a question concerning his equipment than his powers but I been wondering for awhile. 
#72 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@Atari_Graphics said:
" Does Cyclops need to activate his optic blasts by pressing on his visor or can he fire it at will without pressing any buttons? Lets say hes carrying a body with both hands.

This is more of a question concerning his equipment than his powers but I been wondering for awhile. 
"
Depends on the writer, really. Usually, he uses the console on the visor to activate it, however he also has small pressure buttons on his suit (mainly his fingers) that he can use to fire them too. It's been said that his visor integrates some highly advanced technology that responds to his thoughts, but that's often ignored and only brought up when the situation demands it.
#73 Posted by TransgressionsofSociety (195 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops optic blasts= Epic!  The strength varies for all writers.  Sometimes it's really strong and sometimes it's really weak.

#74 Posted by Icon (2107 posts) - - Show Bio
@TransgressionsofSociety said:
" Cyclops optic blasts= Epic!  The strength varies for all writers.  Sometimes it's really strong and sometimes it's really weak. "
Exactly.
#75 Posted by lorex (958 posts) - - Show Bio

I has always thought of Cyclops optic blase as being able to blast holes in mountains.

#76 Posted by ShoNuffSODS (5 posts) - - Show Bio
@Eternal Chaos: A good leader isn't liked he is respected 4 making the chooses that others wont. i figure i didnt like him at first either but he grew on me i think it was because he got the ladies (hating)
#77 Posted by Ouija (350 posts) - - Show Bio

Can is optic blast ever run out of...juice?

#78 Posted by God_Spawn (38286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ouija said:

Can is optic blast ever run out of...juice?

No Scott does not run out, at most he gets tired after blasting for awhile then the psiconic field weakens and just leaks out instead of firing steady blasts. He will recover shortly.

#79 Posted by Tigerstriper (452 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops's optic blasts have changed a lot over the years. In the early issues of X-Men, he would knock himself out if he used too much power at once, and after he regained consciousness, he would be unable to fire again for a short time.

#80 Posted by fivestarga (240 posts) - - Show Bio

Well just remember: The day that Cyclops loses his flow, is the day the hair on Xavier's blad head grows...

#81 Posted by sixmachine (1 posts) - - Show Bio

In the age of apocalypse, cyclops blew off wolverine's left or right hand and it never grew back. He always holds back his powers. In schism storyline him/wolverine both were holding back. He's also a great hand-to-hand fighter.

#82 Posted by God_Spawn (38286 posts) - - Show Bio

@sixmachine said:

In the age of apocalypse, cyclops blew off wolverine's left or right hand and it never grew back. He always holds back his powers. In schism storyline him/wolverine both were holding back. He's also a great hand-to-hand fighter.

Age of Apocalypse is non canon to 616 Wolverine or 616 Cyclops. Cyclops in 616 cannot do the same to 616 Wolverine so it makes little difference what AoA Cyclops did. Also he is a good fighter at best, Cyclops is hardly above Storm in terms of hand to hand. He really has no credible h2h wins over credible opponents and his best h2h fights come from doing stuff to his own team which he knows inside and out allowing him to take it to them like he does.

#83 Posted by kc1997 (57 posts) - - Show Bio

He's limits are unknown, but he can cut a small planet in half.

#84 Posted by God_Spawn (38286 posts) - - Show Bio

@kc1997 said:

No he can't. That was hyperbole on his part. Scott has struggled with beams far less than that,

#85 Posted by kc1997 (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn search Cyclops and read the power list.

#86 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (5234 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@kc1997 said:

No he can't. That was hyperbole.

#87 Edited by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@kc1997 said:

No he can't. That was hyperbole on his part. Scott has struggled with beams far less than that,

Now that he has the phoenix power I actually want to see him do it. I mean something good has to come out of this event

#88 Posted by The Finality (133 posts) - - Show Bio

This is why Cyclops is underrated. He's such a badass who deserves respect.

#89 Posted by Dextersinister (6496 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@sixmachine said:

Age of Apocalypse is non canon to 616 Wolverine or 616 Cyclops. Cyclops in 616 cannot do the same to 616 Wolverine so it makes little difference what AoA Cyclops did. Also he is a good fighter at best, Cyclops is hardly above Storm in terms of hand to hand. He really has no credible h2h wins over credible opponents and his best h2h fights come from doing stuff to his own team which he knows inside and out allowing him to take it to them like he does.

His blast should send someone of Wolverine's weight flying to the other side of the island, being able to push against it was pure piss. It is effectively a stream of hard light and depending on it's width it would be like getting hit by a punch or a knife from someone with super strength.

#90 Posted by God_Spawn (38286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister: I fail to see the relevancy of anything you posted directed towards me?

#91 Posted by Kyle_Dornez (260 posts) - - Show Bio

I Presume this page would be relevant here:

Also I have some weird ideas lately... IIRC, that "other dimension" supplying power to his blast is actually Crimson Cosmos - Realm of Cyttorak and source of powers of Juggernaut. Sooo... Scotts blast is magic? Of course, that;s why it so inconsistent - "It's magic! We don't have to explain!". More interesting is other thing - if it actually energy from Crimson Cosmos, can it be harnessed by sorcerers? Has anyone done something like that to Cyclops?

#92 Posted by God_Spawn (38286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kyle_Dornez: I have never ever ever heard anything of Cyclops blasts being from the Crimson Cosmos and since the CC is a known universe while Cyclops' universe has always been stated as a non-Einstein universe in which our laws do not pertain. If it were of the Crimson Cosmos we would know that. And noted by Colossus when he became the Juggernaut the Crimson Cosmo's energy burns like when he told Kitty to not touch him or the energies would seer her flesh. Cyclops' blasts are not heat and just pure concussive force. Also, I recall the universe is filled with photons or energy that resembles photons and when opened they interact with Earth's universe in the form of kinetic energy or the red blasts.

And no, I don't recall any sorcerers ever stating and using his optic blasts as magic. It might have happened, maybe I missed something? But it isn't something that I recall.

#93 Posted by God_Spawn (38286 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll post the description of his power here that I made in another a few months ago regarding his optic blasts to see if that clears anything up for people curious about his powers.

Cyclops' optic blasts stem from a separate universe where his eyes are portal to. His body automatically metabolizes solar energy that keeps the apertures open. Cyclops' body generates a psiconic field that helps keep them in check so when his eyes close, no energy leaks out. Cyclops' beams produce no heat, they are purely concussive force. They have been described as light speed in the past and have said so in multiple narrations. It is possible, like the power of his blasts, Cyclops can control the speed or he is seemingly aiming somewhere just near his opponent or his opponents are able to dodge his aim. It has also been stated the mechanics of his visor are much slower than light speed which also gives time for an opponent to dodge. Cyclops cannot access the full power of his blasts, he has an entire universe full of energy he can fire but due to human limitations, he gets tired and has almost killed himself when he was emitting energy at too high of an out put. Cyclops' blasts get weaker the wider they are yet he is perfectly capable of ripping apart trees and he doesn't need to go max to do so when they are wide. And Cyclops' blasts can ricochet. A few of these scans have the properties I mentioned. Scan 1, no heat. Scan 2 ricochet. Scan 3 too high of an energy output. Scan 4 shredding trees. Scan 5 just a no visored blasted.

Cyclops' blasts are said to be able to punch through mountains, and they have and I'll throw in another no visor blast.

#94 Posted by Kyle_Dornez (260 posts) - - Show Bio

Weird... It's like yesterday, I thought that Power Prism of Dr. Spectrum was made from Majesdonians... I think I need to take my medicine... But I like the idea, it would be fun to let someone explore it...

And anyway, I think Occam's Razor should be appliable here. Why bring up another new universe just to power one mutant? There is already a Cosmos, full of endless red energy.

#95 Posted by God_Spawn (38286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kyle_Dornez:

Why bring up another new universe just to power one mutant? There is already a Cosmos, full of endless red energy.

Why? Idk. But the energies of said CC don't correspond with Cyclops' powers. And Cyclops' powers weren't always a dimension. It was metabolized solar energy that he shot from his eyes. Now that solar energy provides power to keep the dimension portals open. And it's not like Cyclops has access to the full dimension. He has plenty of restrictions on his power so he doesn't use it all. I personally don't mind it and don't think much of it.

#96 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@Kyle_Dornez:

Why bring up another new universe just to power one mutant? There is already a Cosmos, full of endless red energy.

Why? Idk. But the energies of said CC don't correspond with Cyclops' powers. And Cyclops' powers weren't always a dimension. It was metabolized solar energy that he shot from his eyes. Now that solar energy provides power to keep the dimension portals open. And it's not like Cyclops has access to the full dimension. He has plenty of restrictions on his power so he doesn't use it all. I personally don't mind it and don't think much of it.

Gotta love those punches from the Punch Dimension.:p

#97 Posted by samuel_larson_10 (283 posts) - - Show Bio

this angers me.

I don't care how powerful your shield is, the force of that beam would break his bones, or rattle him to the point of unconsciousness.

#98 Posted by God_Spawn (38286 posts) - - Show Bio

@samuel_larson_10 said:

this angers me.

I don't care how powerful your shield is, the force of that beam would break his bones, or rattle him to the point of unconsciousness.

You must have very little knowledge on Cap and the shield if you believe that would happen.

#99 Posted by samuel_larson_10 (283 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@samuel_larson_10 said:

this angers me.

You must have very little knowledge on Cap and the shield if you believe that would happen.

I know the shield is made of vibranium, the strongest substance known to man, and that cap is made of tougher stuff, but cyclop's beam is about as powerful as a freight train (arguably stronger). No his shield wouldn't break but the force would HURT like hell

#100 Posted by God_Spawn (38286 posts) - - Show Bio

@samuel_larson_10: You still show little knowledge on Cap if you think he is going to be hurt by soaking a blast from Cyclops with that shield. The shield absorbs kinetic energy and Cyclops' blasts while powerful isn't going to shoot Cap with the strength of a freight train for one, and Cap has been fine with blocking hits from Hulk and Thor whom are both stronger than the blasts Cyclops produces. So no, your statement is wrong that Cap would realistically feel anything. It absorbs kinetic energy, not redirects behind the shield and into Cap. And if you saw the next issue, Cap was perfectly fine running through Cyclops' blasts which looked like an even bigger blast.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.