Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11232 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

Off My Mind: Could Cyclops Be a Skrull?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

#1  Edited By Teerack

A thought came to me recently.Could it be possible that Scott is a skrull?

The way I see it is he would have been swapped out with the Skrull around the time him and Emma started dating. That was when he too major leaps in his morning by moving on to Emma, and also started to act like a different person and was suddenly full of doubts as if he wasn't used to being the leader of the X-Men. And before anyone says Emma Frost would have been able to tell with her telepathy even Charles Xavier couldn't tell if someone was a Skrull.

No Caption Provided

Now this is where the thought comes to mind. The X-Men didn't interact with the rest of the super heroes during the invasion. The role of the X-Men was very isolated, so it's very possible for a Skrull to slip by if they were in the X-Men. Next is how the Skrulls reacted to the X-Men. they were completely shocked by the presence of X-Men. Now I find it hard to believe that the X-Men would be over looked by the skrulls. It makes me think that their agent in the X-Men might of betrayed them, and given into the persona they were posing as, and that's not such a crazy thing because there was the one Skrull in the initiative that decided he liked living on earth as a hero better then fighting for the skurlls, the first Hank Pym Skrull was killed because he was starting to act too much like Hank Pym, and the Mar-Vell Skrull decided to be Mar-Vell and not the Skrull he really was. so I don't think it would be too crazy for a Skrull to take Scott's place and then found that the mind of Scott Summers was too much for him and fully embraced the role as Cyclops. Also all of Cyclops' close friends that have know him for years now hate him and can hardly believe that it was Scott that did all of this, as if it wasn't Scott at all. And I know Scott wasn't with the rest of the people they saved, but then again neither was Blackbolt because they wanted to use him as a weapon, and when Scott fully cuts loose his eye blast are likely stronger then any blast a Skrull cruiser could make.

No Caption Provided

In All New X-Men young Scott ran off on his own. Maybe he'll be the one to save real Scott? After all the whole reason the young x-men came back was to save Scott. Also They just had the traitor advertisement.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JonSmith

Eh, I'm not going to say it's impossible. Because Marvel. But I am going to say it's unlikely. Scott's had a lot of character development over the last few years or so. Having him be a Skrull would just be redundant given whose currently wandering around: Young Cyclops. From an out of universe standpoint: What's the point of having Young Cyclops run around, telling Old Scott that he's wrong, and how Scott isn't like this, if you're just going to bring in the 'real' Scott from the Skrulls who'd be singing the exact same tune?

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Matchstick

I find that extremely unlikely due to his close relationships with some of the worlds most powerful telepaths and the fact that he's surrounded by people that have known him and been close to him for decades. Because of this he is possibly the worst person to try to replace with a Skrull imposter. He's simply too high profile to risked such an important plan on.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By InnerVenom123

This would be a wonderful way to retcon Scott turning into a supervillain.

Too bad it won't happen.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Teerack

@Matchstick: One of the biggest facts about the Skrull invasion was that telepathy couldn't see through their disguise. Even Charles Xavier who easily out ranked Emma Frost in telepathy couldn't tell. Your second point I didn't really think about, but it actually add to my point. All of his close friends that have known him for years don't like him and can't believe a lot of the things he's done. Half of them can't even accept what Scott has become.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Teerack

@JonSmith: I don't think it be possible for Marvel to think of a better character to expose Skrull Scott and save Real Scott, than Young Scott. To be honest. Considering the plot of all new x-men is basically bring back the original X-Men to try and save Cyclops if you think about it.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By John Valentine

Oh, hey, 2008.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By chasereis

@Teerack: I would like to offer you an editorial position at Marvel Comics sir. As much as I love this idea I have to ask, what would the Skrull's purpose be? Personally I would like it to be Apocalypse. Meaning 'Pocky's been controlling the X-Men and mutantdom for over ten years and NOBODY knew. I would pay a $10 cover for that.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By TheCrowbar

No his fall is natural to the evolution of the character. It's some of Marvel's best work.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Teerack

@chasereis: I think his purpose would of just been to help the skrulls take over earth, but then having the mind of Scott Summers in his mind was too much for him and just chose to become Scott Summers. Unless you mean what his role would be after he was outed. That i haven't really thought about. Maybe join up with Mystique or something?

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By chasereis

@Teerack: works for me.

Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Imperius_Rex

No way it's cyke the Phoenix would have known if he got the full PF he would have gone skrull and crapped on earth. I think Phoenix would have rejected him anyway. And now his mutation is changing. I don't think a skrull would be capable mutating.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Teerack

@Imperius_Rex: Skrulls did mutate when they were exposed to the Terrigen Mists, and skulls are one of the most adaptable races in the galaxy. And I don't see what the Phoenix knowing it was a skrull would have changed. All of the Phoenix Five were unworthy hosts. That was kind of the point of the entire second act of AvX.

Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Imperius_Rex

The PF only chooses mutants as hosts. So the PF. A cosmic entity would sure as hell know the difference and would reject the skrull. But disregard that. If that "skrull" had the full PH he would have no reason to stay cyclops would he? He'd just destroy earth right? An I Sure they can mutate. But I'm saying they can't replicate mutant evolution. I'm talking a mutants natural evolution of their very DNA. Trust me I've read enough skrull to know how well they can shapeshift down to a molecular level. I'm just saying all their powers are acting goofy. If he is not a real mutant why would his powers be changing? It just doesn't make sense. The traitor is Emma or magik. No doubt.

Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Imperius_Rex

Also I dont think they were viewed by the PF as unworthy hosts. I think they proved to be unworthy by themselves. Otherwise the PF wouldn't have wasted its time with them in the first place.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Teerack

@Imperius_Rex: You're missing the point of my theory though. The Skull WANTS to be Cyclops in my theory like the way the Captain Marvel Skrull did. So he wouln't turn back into a Skrull. Also The Captain Marvel Skurll was such a complete copy that he couldn't shape shift anymore.

And the phoenix isn't just hosted by people who are mutants... There have been a lot of non mutant hosts Rook'shir, Feron, Necrom, Prime, Amber Hunt, Foxfire, Korvus, Mar-Vell, and the really important red haired human girl named Fongji from AvX.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By danhimself

Mr Fantastic created a device that could detect skrulls and everyone was cleared after Secret Invasion

Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Imperius_Rex

Yeah dude right when I posted that I recalled a certain spider Phoenix. (spider man as Phoenix). That was hilarious. But I see what you mean now. You don't think he's waiting for a second skrull invasion but he wants to be cyclops altogether. But didn't cyke walk out of that ship with all the other heroes in that skrull saga. Idk maybe I'm wrong.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Bendis has said the Skrulls are extinct. Stupid b*stard.

Anyway, the answer is clear as day, though marvel would much prefer just to completely ruin Cyclops because they're a company of f*ckwits.

CYKE SHOULD BE CONTROLLED BY SUBLIME

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Teerack

@danhimself: They didn't check everyone. Abigail Brand even says there are a lot of skulls still hiding on earth in the Spider-Woman Agent of S.W.O.R.D. mini series.

@Imperius_Rex: Nah the x-men had no interaction with anything that happened in the secret invasion other then killing all the skrulls in San Francisco.

@FadeToBlackBolt: Out of all the writers that work at marvel taking Brian Michael Bendis word for something like this sounds the most hilarious. Also it be kind of over his head to make a decision like that.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

@Teerack: Brian Michael Bendis may be one of the worst human beings alive, but he has a lot of pull in Marvel, and is a favourite of the editors (who are equally awful people).

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Teerack

@FadeToBlackBolt: True, but I have a hard time believing something being confirmed by him when he disregards comic cannon when ever it's convenient to him.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

@Teerack: Yes, he does that, but sadly, the rest of the writers have to fall in line, because, equally sadly, most comic readers are idiots who buy his terrible comics.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@FadeToBlackBolt: He does write a hell of a Daredevil. I would just give him credit for that.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

@DarkKnightDetective: Eh, it's average at best. He had help from phenomenal art and a total disregard for any writers following.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By Yung ANcient One
    This Skrull idea/cop-out can be used on any Marvel character, but I find it corny. (+)
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@FadeToBlackBolt: Have you been reading End of Days?

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

@DarkKnightDetective: F**************************************Ck no lol

Marvel are getting no more of my money until they make Cyclops a hero again and bring back Peter Parker.

Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@FadeToBlackBolt: It is actlully pretty good. And they need to make Cyclops like he was in the 90s, also how long do you think the whole Superior thing is going to last? I give it a year.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

@DarkKnightDetective: However long it lasts is too long lol

I'm just hoping the sales plummet and Slott gets kicked off Spider-Man.

Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@FadeToBlackBolt: I give it 12 issues until the sales go to hell.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Bendis has said the Skrulls are extinct. Stupid b*stard.

Anyway, the answer is clear as day, though marvel would much prefer just to completely ruin Cyclops because they're a company of f*ckwits.

CYKE SHOULD BE CONTROLLED BY SUBLIME

thats too scary.....i think

fury714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By fury714

Nah, I doubt it. It would be too easy of a way out for Scott. And I am so gonna be pissed off if he was a Skrull.

xmentas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35  Edited By xmentas

lol

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
    GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#36  Edited By GrandSymbiote94
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:

@DarkKnightDetective: F**************************************Ck no lol

Marvel are getting no more of my money until they make Cyclops a hero again and bring back Peter Parker.

This is for the mention of Peter Parker.  

OPEN IF YOU DARE. 

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By agent9149

If it turns out he's a skull I'm flipping the table over and screaming bloody murder.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#38  Edited By TDK_1997

That's probably the best thing that could happen to Cyclops now.

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DarkxSeraph

Making him a skrull would be a ridiculous cop-out on Marvel's end, to be honest. Something of this magnitude with the decisions he's made and the character's evolution over the years would have been for naught and readers would be left feeling cheated. This, alone, is reason enough for them not to go through with a plan like this.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By chasereis

@TDK_1997 said:

That's probably the best thing that could happen to Cyclops now.

Could not agree more. Hell if the issue came out and it was Morph? Ok I'll take it.

Actually the Skull BEING a mutant of its own species could explain it. I don't recall anywhere it being explained in conjunction to being a "human" mutant (anyone know this for fact?) Perhaps the metamorphic power of the mutant skrull being possessed by the phoenix was enough to disrupt its complete copying process and now it cannot control itself or its copied powers much like mimic couldn't.

@Teerack said:

@FadeToBlackBolt: True, but I have a hard time believing something being confirmed by him when he disregards comic cannon when ever it's convenient to him.

This a major problem in Marvel. It is even more prevalent now since Quesada's run as EIC. I personally feel Morrison, Seagle, Kelly and Fraction pissed on everyone who wrote the books before them. Everyone else has had the unpleasant job of cleaning the mess they made while trying to tell a compelling story.

Lorrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Lorrie

Why would people want to ruin Scott's character development by making him a Skrull or something? He's more interesting than ever. He's going to be the lead character of Uncanny X-Men. I don't understand what people are fretting about.

Imperfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Imperfect

If he is a Skrull then it gotta be really suck for Emma.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Teerack

@Imperfect: Yeah, but at least she didn't have a baby with a Skrull like Tigra lol.

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By boob

I don't see how, unless one of them was able to bypass Cyclops blockers and gain his memories. Memories that he didn't even remember. Such as his time in the orphanage. Then when Jean was in the White hot room she mentally went back in time and gave a push for Scott to except Emma completely. She would have known that it was a Skrull the second that she went into his mind, even without the Phoenix's powers to help her.  

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.