If Cyclops were in DC?

#1 Posted by JohnnyGat (1562 posts) - - Show Bio

So I had this conversation with a friend we got around to "what if DC and Marvel traded characters", eventually we decided to focus specifically on mutants and one thing we noticed is that out of all the muties the only one we couldn't come up a creative enough story was was with Cyke (we're not very creative).

The thing is out of all the mutants I find myself more curious about what story one can come up with Cyke if he wasn't all about Mutants. Almost every other mutant I can think of a situation in which they can have a story that does not revolve around mutants and though I can think of a few possibilities of how a Non-mutant related Cyclops story can be but they just seem so simple to me.

#2 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Without something to fight for or against I don't see him jumping on board with the first super team who would take him. I could see him maybe on the Justice Society or if we went back to a younger version the Teen Titains, but Cyclops is an X-Man and unlike Wolverine or Storm it is basically all that has ever defined him and it is all he ever needed to define him.

#3 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

Without something to fight for or against I don't see him jumping on board with the first super team who would take him. I could see him maybe on the Justice Society or if we went back to a younger version the Teen Titains, but Cyclops is an X-Man and unlike Wolverine or Storm it is basically all that has ever defined him and it is all he ever needed to define him.

Yeah, that about sums it up

#4 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

He definately needs to be part of a team. Cyclops would never work as a solo,

#5 Posted by God_Spawn (37681 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

I can agree with this.

#6 Posted by Night Thrasher (3676 posts) - - Show Bio

He'd be a C-Lister who would only be mentioned or appear in 1-2 issues every 5 or so years.

#7 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it possible that he will be part of the anti-life equation or the anti-death equation?

#8 Posted by Saren (25611 posts) - - Show Bio

Outsiders. He'd be good as a member of the Outsiders.

#9 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Outsiders. He'd be good as a member of the Outsiders.

yep

#10 Posted by TDK_1997 (14680 posts) - - Show Bio

He would be leading a young team like the Teen Titans or would be part of a team like the Outsiders.

#11 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

He was the first X-man and it's all he's ever known really so being the leader/member of a team is the only place he fits in. IMO he'd probably be a member of a black ops-esque team like the Scuicide Squad or WildCats. (That's if he's willing to kill)

#12 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

He'd be One Eye from the Meta Militia

One Eye
#13 Posted by gambit75 (57 posts) - - Show Bio

The team he leads in the DC Universe will be bigger and better than the Justice League!!!!

#14 Posted by FrankenKong (234 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see him as me member of Justice League International (If it was still going *snicker*) or maybe Stormwatch. Cyclops is better as a team player. He could do solo work but not for very long because he was need someone to fight for.

#15 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

He'd be One Eye from the Meta Militia

One Eye

Somebody mention me?:p

#16 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

@Night Thrasher said:

He'd be a C-Lister who would only be mentioned or appear in 1-2 issues every 5 or so years.

The same thing happens to a lot of Dc characters unfortunately.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.