Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11232 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

If Cyclops was going

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

To be kiiled off 

Lose his powers  

Get back with Jean, when she returns  

Stay wih Emma and have a baby or be married to her 

End up in a weelchair, like Charles was 

Have is own mini sereis, that will last a year 

Get a new costume 

Leave the X-Men 

How many of you would be upset or happy about it?. Cyclops role in X-Men will be uncertain after Schism, how would you feel if anything I mention above would happened to him.
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Gambit1024

-I'd be upset that another one of my favorite characters is dead. I would understand that it was time though. 
    -Wouldn't mind that at all. I don't like Emma Frost. 
    -The baby better be awesome, because Luke Cage's baby sucks. 
    -Laugh myself into submission because of the irony. 
    -I'd read it. 
    -I wouldn't mind, but I really like the one he's in now. 

VesKaGan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By VesKaGan

- To be killed off 
    Really, really, really upset!

- Lose his powers  
    Awww no... still better than dying but... just no! 

- Get back with Jean, when she returns  
    Upset. Give Jott a rest... 

- Stay wih Emma and have a baby or be married to her 
    Stay with Emma? Great! I'd be so happy! But... have a baby or even marry? Scott really shouldn't get married again, and Emma is not the type for that - even less for being a mother. Oo They're fine as a couple, but a family? Hell, no.

- End up in a weelchair, like Charles was 
     Oh, the irony. But please, nooooo.

- Have is own mini sereis, that will last a year 
    He's a teamplayer. I enjoy him way better leading a team. But it certainly wouldn't upset me ;)

- Get a new costume 
     Oh yes, please. One without this stupid hood. More Hair!  :-D

- Leave the X-Men 
    Upset. The X-Men just don't feel right for me without him. But still better than losing his powers or dying or something.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#4  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @Gambit1024 said:
    -I'd be upset that another one of my favorite characters is dead. I would understand that it was time though. -Wouldn't mind that at all. I don't like Emma Frost. -The baby better be awesome, because Luke Cage's baby sucks. -Laugh myself into submission because of the irony. -I'd read it. -I wouldn't mind, but I really like the one he's in now. 
    all babies suck
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

To be kiiled off -I'd pissed off

Lose his powers- I'd be pissed but not as much as would be if he was killed. 

Stay wih Emma and have a baby or be married to her- Meh, I don't like Emma much but Scott's happiness is what's important. But no babies or marriage...we all know what happens to his children and wives. 

End up in a weelchair, like Charles was- pissed 

Have is own mini sereis, that will last a year-I'd be pissed that it was a mini and not an ongoing

Get a new costume-i wouldn't mind horribly. I'd love to see a modernized version of his X-Factor costume 

Leave the X-Men- could go either way depending on what he does while not with them 

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Gambit1024
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @Gambit1024 said:
    -I'd be upset that another one of my favorite characters is dead. I would understand that it was time though. -Wouldn't mind that at all. I don't like Emma Frost. -The baby better be awesome, because Luke Cage's baby sucks. -Laugh myself into submission because of the irony. -I'd read it. -I wouldn't mind, but I really like the one he's in now. 
    all babies suck
    Not Franklin and Valeria Richards :)
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By pixelized

@VesKaGan said:

Stay wih Emma and have a baby or be married to her Stay with Emma? Great! I'd be so happy! But... have a baby or even marry? Scott really shouldn't get married again, and Emma is not the type for that - even less for being a mother. Oo They're fine as a couple, but a family? Hell, no.

Emma loves younger minds: Generation X, Genosha, Xavier Institute, the Cuckoos, and her Hellions. She may not be the woman to bake you sugar cookies after a rough day of school, but that doesn't mean she loves you less.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Mercy_
    @pixelized

@VesKaGan said:

Stay wih Emma and have a baby or be married to her Stay with Emma? Great! I'd be so happy! But... have a baby or even marry? Scott really shouldn't get married again, and Emma is not the type for that - even less for being a mother. Oo They're fine as a couple, but a family? Hell, no.

Emma loves younger minds, Generation X, Genosha, Xavier Academy, the Cuckoos, and her Hellions. She may not be the woman to bake you sugar cookies after a rough day of school, but that doesn't mean she loves you less.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#9  Edited By The Impersonator

If anything bad happens to Cyclops, I would turn myself into the....... 

HUUUUULK! 
    HUUUUULK! 
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @Gambit1024 said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @Gambit1024 said:
    all babies suck
    neither of them are babies....and Franklin really isn't that interesting outside of his powers
    VesKaGan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By VesKaGan
    @pixelized said:

@VesKaGan said:

Emma loves younger minds: Generation X, Genosha, Xavier Institute, the Cuckoos, and her Hellions. She may not be the woman to bake you sugar cookies after a rough day of school, but that doesn't mean she loves you less.

I didn't mean she couldn't care for a child. But carrying a baby and giving birth? That's something completely different.
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gambit1024
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @Gambit1024 said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @Gambit1024 said:
    all babies suck
    neither of them are babies....and Franklin really isn't that interesting outside of his powers
    Valeria is 3, I think she counts.
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @Gambit1024 said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @Gambit1024 said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @Gambit1024 said:
    all babies suck
    Valeria is 3, I think she counts.  

thats one big ass 3 year old
    edited/fixed.      
    edited/fixed.      
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By pixelized

@VesKaGan said:

@pixelized said:

@VesKaGan said:

I didn't mean she couldn't care for a child. But carrying a baby and giving birth? That's something completely different.

I wouldn't put it past Emma to have a surrogate, but then again a pregnant Emma would be comedic gold.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By fodigg
    @time: My responses:

To be kiiled off: He's been killed off twice (counting the brief death in Astonishing) so this has been done.

Lose his powers: Would he really be upset about that? All he would need is a laser gun and hey, he has his powers back pretty much. Maybe not as powerfully, but come on, his ability to lead has always been more important than his eye-blasts. Take that away--say he can't talk at all--and suddenly he's a different character, more like blackbolt.

Get back with Jean, when she returns: NO. BIG NO. Even if things fall apart with Emma, Jean has left him so many times—dying is leaving—he should resent her at this point.

Stay wih Emma and have a baby or be married to her: I wouldn't mind seeing baby Ruby Summers, but must they get married? They can't just have a kid?

End up in a weelchair, like Charles was: Well in the Ruby Summers future he's half cyborg so I'd think they'd go that route if he's crippled. Jeffries can hook him up with some "sexy" artificial limbs.

Have is own mini sereis, that will last a year: He could support it I think.

Get a new costume: As long as it has a visor, but I really like his current costume. It's my favorite of all of them.

Leave the X-Men: I think he's actually going to do this during/after schism. He'd just become another "former king" of the mutant community like Charles and Magneto. An elder statesmen new leaders can look to for advice.
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

To be kiiled off - Mad.

Lose his powers - Still he can be the leader of the X-men, no one has the creds he has gotten when it comes to the X-men now a days.

Get back with Jean, when she returns - I'd hate the idea.

Stay wih Emma and have a baby or be married to her - The baby thing would be kind of out of character for Emma, Scott has already had a son so, meh. Married would be fine.

End up in a weelchair, like Charles was - As long as he still is leader I would be kinda ticked but nothing that cant change.

Have is own mini sereis, that will last a year - Idk how well it would work out, Cyclops has always been a team man IMO, whether leader or not, he just doesnt have the vibe of going it alone that someone like Wolverine or Gambit could do.

Get a new costume - Dont care/

Leave the X-Men - He is the X-men.

Onihana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Onihana

To be killed off

Not keen on this one but it could be fun for a bit and see how the X-men really fare without his leadership.

Lose his powers

His force beams to me are not his true power, so the lose of them in the whole realm of things is not going to change him that much.

Don't see it happening but I think it would suck.

Stay with Emma and have a baby or be married to her

As stated before I liked what I saw from Ruby Summers, so seeing that would be nice. As for being married i think it's out of charator for them as of right now, unless something drastic happens.

End up in a wheelchair, like Charles was

Other then no more sex with Emma or whoever as a whole still a solid leader.

Have is own mini series, that will last a year

Would be nice read I guess but sadly would come down to the writer if would be good or not.

Get a new costume

Anything that removes that skull cap would be nice to me.

Leave the X-Men

Once again good plot if done right, but not going to last long.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BatteredArmor

1. First off why you gotta hate Bro? Second I would leave Marvel until his return

2. Depends on how they handled it if he became like a high ranking member of shield or got a martial arts power up or used a super suit I would be disappointed but relatively cool. That said he could still lead and that's all that really matters but I don't think Marvel would let him stick around without powers, and thus I redirect you to the earlier part of this comment

3. Be pissed, Emma is way better

4. Ruby Summers is awesome, that is all

5. That would be a pointless pathetic and ammeture attempt at irony on Marvel's behalf and I would be pissed but probably not leave the company as long as he was still leading

6. Buy every issue no matter how bad it was so that Marvel would do it again in the future hopefully with a better writer

7. It better be well designed and have a cowl, but I think he may need one

8. It depend on what he does if he goes solo hero and protects Alaska it would be like my fan fic (idea) and a worthwhile story. But if he's in comic limbo then I say nay

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.