Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11232 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

How to hurt Scott

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By boob

Now let me first state that I do not think Scott is wrong. But Marvel is dead set on saying otherwise. So lets go along with it for awhile. 

If this is really how Hank wants to hurt Scott then I think there was a much better way to hurt him then making him seeing Jean. There are two people that could have shocked him to his core. 
    If this is really how Hank wants to hurt Scott then I think there was a much better way to hurt him then making him seeing Jean. There are two people that could have shocked him to his core. 
    The first being Corsair Scott's father. In my opinion they never really spent as much time as I would have liked. What would have happened if they really sat down and talked? 
    The first being Corsair Scott's father. In my opinion they never really spent as much time as I would have liked. What would have happened if they really sat down and talked? 
    Katherine Summers. According to most comics Scott does not remember her. But he does know about the pain she went through. She was unsure if her sons survived the jump. Being kidnapped by aliens, and the king raping her, then killing her just to make her husband mad. The possibilities could have been endless, but Marvel decided to go predictable and bring back the old team. What is everyone's thought. Would this have been better? 
    Katherine Summers. According to most comics Scott does not remember her. But he does know about the pain she went through. She was unsure if her sons survived the jump. Being kidnapped by aliens, and the king raping her, then killing her just to make her husband mad. The possibilities could have been endless, but Marvel decided to go predictable and bring back the old team. What is everyone's thought. Would this have been better? 
    Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Imperius_Rex

I don't think hank is trying ruin the guy they used to be friends that would be a bit much. I think he wanted to give him a slap in the face. And I think he got just that.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boob: i think scott is mad about seeing jean again because beast made scott look bad infront of jean....scott still cares for jean in my opinion ie avx12 when scott saw a shadow figure of jean telling him to let go of the phoenix force, who else would have a calming affect on scott then jean (not emma because she has the opposite affect on him ie destroy the world make it in their image)

i remember reading a what if comic about what if phoenix(force jean) fall in love with wolverine and it said that since wolverine didnt have a calming affect on phoenix( unlike scott does), phoenix destroyed the whole universe

i guess thats why it never worked out between jean and logan...lol

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By boob
    @HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: I figured Scott was mad due to the fact that Hank wanted to hurt him. Not so much of seeing the  younger version of he and his friends.  
    I really can't keep up with how deep Scott loves Jean. One moment he is saying he loves Jean due to the fact that they shared a lot of history. But he does not have the same love that he used to, he moved on to Emma. Then within that same comic he can't think one thought without thinking of her. That's why its hard for me to believe that having Jean come from the past is really going to have that much of an impact. If anything seeing his younger self may have more of one.  
     They really need to figure out his feelings and stick to it.
    XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By XsPectre28

its not really about hurting him by making him see jean its the point of making him see what he once was & how he once was jean just has alot to do with that. besides Scott's parents interaction with Professor X or his life as an X-men is minimal if at all

Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
    oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

Im not even sure hank did it to hurt Scott lol.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By One_Eye

@boob: From the looks of it, Hank did it to save himself from his own mutation. I mean, what causes anyone to think that a person would listen to a younger incarnation of themselves?

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By boob

@One_Eye: What in comics makes sence?

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By moywar700

@boob said:

the whole comic doesn't make sense.It used to be that people couldn't time travel in 616 and if they do, they'll create an alternate universe.If Beast can bring the O5 and change the past, why don't they use time travel for other things like stop Pro X from dying?

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By boob

@moywar700: Probably because he will ask them to do other things in the past like kill Hittler, stop American Idol, help Wanda pre M-day, tell their past selfs that having a lot of pockets does not make you look cooler . The list would go on and on.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By moywar700

@boob said:

@moywar700: Probably because he will ask them to do other things in the past like kill Hittler, stop American Idol, help Wanda pre M-day, tell their past selfs that having a lot of pockets does not make you look cooler . The list would go on and on.

how about he only time travels on things he most cares about.He could stop Pro X from dying in AvX.If he does that, he wouldn't even need to bring the O5.That is much easier and requires less time.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By One_Eye

@boob said:

Nothing much but is a little bit of cleverness too much to ask for?

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By boob
    @One_Eye: Yes, yes it is. lol
    Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#14  Edited By Joygirl

Darn, I was hoping this was going to be a helpful tutorial about Lobdell.

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By boob

When did she change to this outfit? 
    When did she change to this outfit? 

No Caption Provided
    loki100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By loki100

@moywar700 said:

@boob said:

the whole comic doesn't make sense.It used to be that people couldn't time travel in 616 and if they do, they'll create an alternate universe.If Beast can bring the O5 and change the past, why don't they use time travel for other things like stop Pro X from dying?

Beast also said he doesn't believe in Heaven or Hell... despite the fact that he's friends with at least three Valkyries and used to be on a team with the Son of Satan. Can we just leave it at Bendis is a terrible writer?

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By boob
    @loki100: He knows how to make a good premise but when it comes to the actual writing it goes to crap.
    Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@One_Eye said:

@boob: From the looks of it, Hank did it to save himself from his own mutation. I mean, what causes anyone to think that a person would listen to a younger incarnation of themselves?

lol so true.....should have gotten an older version of himself

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BlackWind

Your costume is stupid.

xmentas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By xmentas

@BlackWind said:

Your costume is stupid.

HA!

spetsnaz_gru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By spetsnaz_gru

How to hurt Scott? Bendis the sh*t outta him.

Degalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Degalon

Hank did it in the hopes that Scott seeing his younger, more idealistic self would knock some sense into him.

Unfortunately, it looks like he focused on the WRONG "younger x-man".

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By chasereis

@boob: That was in Hank's head. Clothes are magic in Hank's head.

@oviouslyjeangrey: He didn't try to hurt him from my point of view. He was trying to shock Scott to his senses. It doesn't take a theoretical physicist to see Scott is trapping himself into truly turning into a villain. I hear he was even going to change his name to Darth Flat-Scan Killer, lol.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By Gambit1024

I dunno...

Stabbing him? That hurts people, right?

:P

Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
    oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@chasereis: Right? Also what a weird name lol he should just keep Cylclops.

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By boob
    Does this mean there will be no Flyclops?!?
    No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.