How people out there hate Cyclops

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by time (5217 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just curious, does Cyclops have a lot of fan haters? The character has change so much, to extend that he become unlikable who agree with me on this? The main question is, how many people out there hate Cyclops?

#2 Posted by Iron_Turtle (582 posts) - - Show Bio

I find him much more likeable and infinitely more interesting these days, now that they've dirtied up his character a little bit. And he's no longer the ultra righteous boy scout.

#3 Edited by time (5217 posts) - - Show Bio

He a creep if you ask me. A least when he was boycott, you could like him more. Now a days I can't stand the character. I mean he cheater on his wife, he made Bishop get torture, let Beast get torture. Leaves his brother & daughter in space. Creates the X-Force and thinks he done nothing wrong. Thinks he knows better than Charles, Storm and Beast. Maybe he knows better than Storm, but the other two, hell no. He doesn't even grief for his son death.  It likes he has no morals anymore. A least Charles show some grief when he did something wrong or when he lost someone in battle or someone who is a friend or related to member of the team. 

#4 Edited by John Valentine (16375 posts) - - Show Bio
@time said:

" He a creep if you ask me. A least when he was boycott, you could like him more. Now a days I can't stand the character. I mean he cheater on his wife, he made Bishop get torture, let Beast get torture. Leaves his brother & daughter in space. Creates the X-Force and thinks he done nothing wrong. Thinks he knows better than Charles, Storm and Beast. Maybe he knows better than Storm, but the other two, hell no. He doesn't even grief for his son death.  It likes he has no morals anymore. A least Charles show some grief when he did something wrong or when he lost someone in battle or someone who is a friend or related to member of the team.  "

Are you f%#king kidding me? All of your points are ridiculous.
He didn't cheat on his wife with Emma. Wrong. Besides, he walked out on Madelyne Pryor and their child for Jean Grey way back in the 80s.... that's a lot worse and you didn't hate him for that before?
Bishop betrayed the X-Men. He attacked Forge leaving him brain-damaged and insane. He shot Xavier in the head. He constantly tried to kill Hope, during which time he killed billions on people in an attempt to succeed. Bishop's torture is perfectly justifiable in the eyes of most people, especially the more hardcore X-Men (specifically Cyclops, Wolverine, Cable etc).
Havok, Polaris and Rachel left the X-Men. Havok specifically told Scott not to come after him and the others (at the end of Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire arc).

Storm left the X-Men to live in Wakanda; she effectively abandoned mutant-kind after M-Day. Where was Xavier after M-Day? What did he actively do to ensure the survival of the mutant race? Beast didn't have the balls to lead and complained like a little bitch when he found out what Cyclops had to do to ensure mutant survival. Cyclops, on the other hand, led the X-Men through decimation, Messiah Complex, Manifest Destiny, Utopia/Nation X/Dark Reign, Second Coming etc. 
Cyclops assembled X-Force to take down the mutantkind's most dangerous foes once and for all; mainly the Purifiers, but they recruited Bastion and his inner circle. What did he do wrong? Would you have let them walk free if you were Cyclops? It would be irresponsible for him not to try and eradicate them. All methods used to fight them up to the point of X-Force's establishment were shown not to work! Under Cyclops' leadership this threats are no longer existent. 

He probably does grieve for Cable, but it's not something shown on panel. We got an issue with a funeral for him. Besides, first and foremost, it's essential that Cyclops remain a strong leader. Breaking down and crying would be pointless and damaging for him. 

Don't depict Charles as Cyclops' better. They're leaders of the X-Men at completely different times and situations. Charles himself was responsible for some pretty questionable things. Cyclops' morals are temporarily compromisable to ensure his race's survival. Also, why don't you complain about Wolverine? Wolverine's overly aggressive, he smokes, drinks, he's prone to berserker rages. He was killing people without qualm long before Cyclops had even considered the idea. Cyclops accepts that this was the only option to ensure mutantkind's survival - after the threats were eliminated at the end of Second Coming, Cyclops disbanded his X-Force. Wolverine, on the other hand, kills, mostly in situations where it's not necessary/ for no greater cause. I'd like to point out also that Wolverine established his own X-Force to combat arguably less important threats. Logan had no problem with the supposed murder of a child - Cyclops' X-Force never went that far. 

EDIT: How is he a creepy? Just because you don't like a character, doesn't  make them weird/creepy. 
#5 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.