How is he still alive??

#1 Posted by Power NeXus (9899 posts) - - Show Bio

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. So why didn't Cyke's head shoot backwards off his shoulders the first time he fired an optic blast?

#2 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Cuz the energy doesn't actually come out of his head, his eyes just are the opening of a dimensional whoseiwhatsit that expels energy in one direction. I think thats how they explained that.

#3 Posted by Erik (32797 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he can. The force is not coming from his head. It has been said on numerous occasions that the optic blasts are extra dimensional in nature. His eyes may just be opening up a window into a dimension of pure concussive force and the blast come from the "window".

#4 Posted by Erik (32797 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn. Beat me to it. 

#5 Posted by Psi-Fire (982 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah what they said. lol

#6 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
Power NeXus said:
"For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."
Hahaha, not in the Marvel U there isn't. Hell, not in DCU either. Or Vertigo, or Image, or Dark Horse, etc.
#7 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
Power NeXus said:
"For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. So why didn't Cyke's head shoot backwards off his shoulders the first time he fired an optic blast?"
If that happen in Marvel Universe when Wolverin stab something harder than his muscles and tendons his claws would cut them of instead of cutting the harder surface.
#8 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll never understand how people get caught up in the semantical physics of things like this, when there are people like Doctor Strange out there...

#9 Posted by Erik (32797 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"I'll never understand how people get caught up in the semantical physics of things like this, when there are people like Doctor Strange out there..."
Lol.
#10 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"I'll never understand how people get caught up in the semantical physics of things like this, when there are people like Doctor Strange out there..."
Isn't he magical?
#11 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
Calvin said:
"Isn't he magical? "
Yes. Yes he is. However, the physics behind his magic is very complex, I'm afraid.
#12 Posted by inferiorego (24714 posts) - - Show Bio
Power NeXus said:
"For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. So why didn't Cyke's head shoot backwards off his shoulders the first time he fired an optic blast?"
Why doesn't Giant-Man break every bone in his body when he falls when he is large?
How does Cap's shield come back to him after he throws it?
Why doesn't Wolverine's claws rip out of the top of his hands when he cuts through denser metals?


Answer: Fiction
Staff
#13 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"Why doesn't Wolverine's claws rip out of the top of his hands when he cuts through denser metals?"
The REAL question is this: How does Wolverine use his claws to climb, when they should just shred right through whatever he sticks them in?
#14 Posted by Power NeXus (9899 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"
inferiorego said:
"Why doesn't Wolverine's claws rip out of the top of his hands when he cuts through denser metals?"
The REAL question is this: How does Wolverine use his claws to climb, when they should just shred right through whatever he sticks them in?
"
Maybe he sticks them in the wall sideways.

Korg said:
"Calvin said:
"Isn't he magical? "
Yes. Yes he is. However, the physics behind his magic is very complex, I'm afraid."


"Physics behind his magic..."
How can those words even be used in the same sentence?
#15 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, 'round these parts we refer to it as a "joke".

#16 Posted by inferiorego (24714 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"Well, 'round these parts we refer to it as a "joke"."
I've heard of these "jokes" before.
Staff
#17 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm telling you, they are catching on. By this time next year, everyone who's anyone will be on the bandwagon.

#18 Posted by inferiorego (24714 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"I'm telling you, they are catching on. By this time next year, everyone who's anyone will be on the bandwagon."
"I've been into jokes for 3 months now! I'm hip!"
Staff
#19 Posted by serena (2 posts) - - Show Bio

i like  him so every much on x men  thankyou?

#20 Posted by Colt (122 posts) - - Show Bio
Calvin said:
"Power NeXus said:
"For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. So why didn't Cyke's head shoot backwards off his shoulders the first time he fired an optic blast?"
If that happen in Marvel Universe when Wolverin stab something harder than his muscles and tendons his claws would cut them of instead of cutting the harder surface."
that would be assuming wolverine's claws aren't out all the way. if his claws continue to be claws up into his arms and so forth then he shouldnt be able to move his wrists at all when his claws are out. however if they are out fully of his hands they could have some sort of broader end that would just be held in by the rest of his adamantium skeleton. this way his entire skeleton would have to come out if he were cutting on something harder than his muscles... which i guess doesnt really answer anything.

simple answer.. nothing is stronger than his muscles... because... of his healing factor... i guess....
#21 Posted by Power NeXus (9899 posts) - - Show Bio
Colt said:
simple answer.. nothing is stronger than his muscles... because... of his healing factor... i guess...."

Nothing is stronger than is muscles because HE'S THE MOTHER ****ING WOLVERINE. Which, as most people agree, is the next best thing to being THE MOTHER ****ING BATMAN.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.