How is Havok even able to pass judgment on Cyke?

• 54 results
#1 Edited by DATNIGGA (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

There are alot of people passing judgment on Cyke both in & outside of Marvel U It doesn't bother me but when I saw his little brother doing it got me thinking & remembering stuff ... I read the latest uncanny avengers... & havok is going off on Cyke...

which... is very funny he says all these things

Creating a mutant army on magneto's island: Cyclops tried professor's way... that way resulted in the total number of his students get reduced to 20 by the purifiers & sapien league... havok & people always say ''Cyclops shouldn't have locked & isolated himself on the island'' but.... the entire reason hes there in the first place is because after getting attacked multiple times osborn was the final blow. Proffessor X's pacifistic methods where no longer working he had to go on the offensive cause mutant kind was already on the brink of extinction mutant kind needed an army and a powerful leader....

but, havok would'nt know a thing about that because... he wasn't there

SOOOOO

how can havok Pass judgment on Cyke? seeing as how he wasn't even there to understand his decisions?

#2 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@DATNIGGA: Thank you finally the proff is out there , great scans!

Well, well!

#3 Posted by guardiandevil (38 posts) - - Show Bio

@DATNIGGA: Exactly, thank you for bringing this up... its easy to point the finger when you've been in space for years

#4 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@DATNIGGA: Havok is a level 12 paladin in world of warcraft. He gained Judgement at level 2.

#5 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Havok, has been in space for a few years real time, and thats bad. I also forgot that he mainly worked for government santioned teams when he wasn't chasing Lorna or running from life's responsibilities.

#6 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyke will return to acceptance. At least he has an excuse, he was possessed by the Phoenix Force for the worst of it. And he was right the Phoenix was there to reignite the mutant race and if the Avengers hadn't split it into five it would have gone to Hope and she would have been able to let it go like she did in the end. Cyke is the scapegoat of the week but hey remember Scarlet Witch who started all of this? They seem to have forgiven her pretty quick when they realized her mutant power could hurt the Phoenix. I just hate the idea that Wolverine is going to be walking around thinking he was right.

#7 Posted by McKlayn (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC said:

Cyke will return to acceptance. At least he has an excuse, he was possessed by the Phoenix Force for the worst of it. And he was right the Phoenix was there to reignite the mutant race and if the Avengers hadn't split it into five it would have gone to Hope and she would have been able to let it go like she did in the end. Cyke is the scapegoat of the week but hey remember Scarlet Witch who started all of this? They seem to have forgiven her pretty quick when they realized her mutant power could hurt the Phoenix. I just hate the idea that Wolverine is going to be walking around thinking he was right.

ME TOO! And yes this whole story is making everyone look like asses, more then half of these people owe cyclops their lives in one way or another so for them to be ready to stone him to death is just silly. Especially when they so eagerly forgive people like Scarlet Witch, jean Grey and Even Iron Man (during the civil war) in the past, and Hell iron man didn't even have insanity by a cosmic power as an excuse he was just an ass.

#8 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't you guys heard? Judging Cyclops is like, so totally in right now! Everybody who's anybody is doing it!

#9 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: With that being said, Havok is still the last one who should say anything to Cyke based upon his history in the MU, i guess the writers at marvel forgot to look into that, but oops! tha's the new in thing now, isn't it?

#10 Edited by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74: C'mon evilvegetga, paying attention to past events is like, so last season. Nowadays all the COOL writers are into making shit up as they go along

#11 Posted by DATNIGGA (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardiandevil: Yeah He comes back after the fact & trys to attack cyke for his actions? had he been there he would understand it.... I think it also might have something to do with the fact that hes a big captain america fan....

-____- come on havok stop all that brown nosing

@evilvegeta74: thanks man

@PrinceIMC said:

I like wolverine but honestly he is one stubborn dude.. Cyke & him have always had there fights but before this he mostly hated Cyke for the Schism

Wolverine: RAAAHRRRRR KIDS SHOULD BE KIDS THEY SHOULD'NT BE SOLDERS!!!

Cyke: bro... were almost extincted, we have had massive casualty's & where getting attacked at every turn... mutant kind needs as many combatants as possible

Wolverine: RAAARRRRRR YOU DISAGREE WITH MY LOGIC SO IM GOING TO BLOW UP UTOPIA & KILLL YOUUUU!!!

and since he didn't get his way he threw a fit took some of cyke's people made a school and has wanted cyke dead since then... thats basically how it went if i recall lol

wolverine is not the type to admit when hes wrong... however its even more laughable to see him pass judgment on Cyke...

Like.... how does wolverine lecture anyone about killing? what? lol

#12 Edited by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@DATNIGGA said:

I like wolverine but honestly he is one stubborn dude.. Cyke & him have always had there fights but before this he mostly hated Cyke for the Schism

Wolverine: RAAAHRRRRR KIDS SHOULD BE KIDS THEY SHOULD'NT BE SOLDERS!!!

Cyke: bro... were almost extincted, we have had massive casualty's & where getting attacked at every turn... mutant kind needs as many combatants as possible

Wolverine: RAAARRRRRR YOU DISAGREE WITH MY LOGIC SO IM GOING TO BLOW UP UTOPIA & KILLL YOUUUU!!!

and since he didn't get his way he threw a fit took some of cyke's people made a school and has wanted cyke dead since then... thats basically how it went if i recall lol

wolverine is not the type to admit when hes wrong... however its even more laughable to see him pass judgment on Cyke...

Like.... how does wolverine lecture anyone about killing? what? lol

#13 Posted by DATNIGGA (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: Lmao it sucks too cause Wolverine & Cyke actually make a good team

#14 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@DATNIGGA: True, their dynamic was awesome when written well

#15 Posted by God_Spawn (37901 posts) - - Show Bio

Being a pr*ck runs in the family. Havok just plays the biggity-b*tch better. Both awesome characters though.

#16 Posted by God_Spawn (37901 posts) - - Show Bio

So petty.

#17 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

So petty.

Emma "My tits are out in a snow storm" Frost ladies and gentlemen.

#18 Posted by God_Spawn (37901 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: She's hardcore like that.

#19 Posted by Dernman (15112 posts) - - Show Bio

I understand why they are pushing Havok but I just don't like him as much as Cyclops. To be honest I kinda find him boring.

#20 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

I understand why they are pushing Havok but I just don't like him as much as Cyclops. To be honest I kinda find him boring.

Havok is the poor man's Cyclops just as his X-Factor was a cheaper version of Cyke's X-Factor. Nyehehehe!

#21 Posted by Dernman (15112 posts) - - Show Bio
@ssejllenrad said:

@Dernman said:

Havok is the poor man's Cyclops just as his X-Factor was a cheaper version of Cyke's X-Factor. Nyehehehe!

I actually agree with that.
#23 Posted by McKlayn (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

I like Havok, but he has always suffered from severe "Little Brother Syndrome". Remender noted that it's like Scott being the high school quarterback, while Alex was under the bleachers smoking a joint.

Alex has always resented his brother for being the "chosen one" of the X-Men, the one who led the team and accomplished the most, so when Scott appears to have fallen from grace he feels justified in saying "I always knew you were an egomaniac!".

Cyclops sacrificed everything to save the mutant race, and in his arrogance Havok only sees a beaten big brother.

that actually makes total since, doesn't mean you got to like it. I would enjoy seeing Havok get a push, and if they are keeping Cyclops around (and i'm sure they are) along with the likes of Cable, Storm, and even now Wolverine. He will never be a real "leader" in the X men, so maybe the Avengers will be good for him.

#24 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

I like Havok, but he has always suffered from severe "Little Brother Syndrome". Remender noted that it's like Scott being the high school quarterback, while Alex was under the bleachers smoking a joint.

Alex has always resented his brother for being the "chosen one" of the X-Men, the one who led the team and accomplished the most, so when Scott appears to have fallen from grace he feels justified in saying "I always knew you were an egomaniac!".

Cyclops sacrificed everything to save the mutant race, and in his arrogance Havok only sees a beaten big brother.

Great breakdown.

What's Havok ever actually accomplished? He's weak.

#25 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

Now everyone can judge Cyclops.It's the fashion for Fall/Winter 2012.

#27 Edited by DATNIGGA (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman: I like Havok's outfits more but.. thats about it

@ApatheticAvenger said:

Yeah this is very true

#28 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@John Valentine said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

Great breakdown.

Well he did lead the government-sanctioned X-Factor, and there was that whole "Mutant X" thing where he was lost in another dimension. Then he led the Starjammers after his father's death and fought against his galactic tyrant brother Emperor Vulcan.

I know, I know. Was meaning it to be rhetorical. I used to be a massive Havok fan (SUMMERS REPRESENT), but I've really gone off him in recent years.

Mutant X showed promise, something he's never again lived up to. Yes, he lead the Starjammers against Vulcan but never really did accomplished anything (It was Blackbolt who ended up dying to defeat Vulcan). Alex had at least one chance to kill him and never fulfilled.

I do not have respect for a character who wallows in his own self pity. He's worse than Scott ever was in that respect.

#29 Edited by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@John Valentine said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

Great breakdown.

Well he did lead the government-sanctioned X-Factor, and there was that whole "Mutant X" thing where he was lost in another dimension. Then he led the Starjammers after his father's death and fought against his galactic tyrant brother Emperor Vulcan.

I know, I know. Was meaning it to be rhetorical. I used to be a massive Havok fan (SUMMERS REPRESENT), but I've really gone off him in recent years.

Mutant X showed promise, something he's never again lived up to. Yes, he lead the Starjammers against Vulcan but never really did accomplished anything (It was Blackbolt who ended up dying to defeat Vulcan). Alex had at least one chance to kill him and never fulfilled.

I do not have respect for a character who wallows in his own self pity. He's worse than Scott ever was in that respect.

Perhaps Rick Remender can finish what Peter David started in the '90s. For a guy who just wanted to live a quiet life of research, Alex has a great opportunity to extend his dream of a normal life to millions of mutants.

#30 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

@VampireSelektor said:

@John Valentine said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@John Valentine said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

Great breakdown.

Perhaps Rick Remender can finish what Peter David started in the '90s. For a guy who just wanted to live a quiet life of research, Alex has a great opportunity to extend his dream of a normal life to millions of mutants.

Maybe, but that's pretty much just admitting that Havok's about as boring as they come.

He's a blue-eyed, blonde-haired, government-employed Caucasian-American with a love of rocks. The most exciting and notable thing anyone remembers him doing in the last ten years, besides yelling at Scott for doing something he was never able to do, is have an affair.

Even David's recent characterisation of him in X-Factor plays him second fiddle to Madrox.

#31 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@VampireSelektor said:

@John Valentine said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@John Valentine said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

Great breakdown.

Maybe, but that's pretty much just admitting that Havok's about as boring as they come.

He's a blue-eyed, blonde-haired, government-employed Caucasian-American with a love of rocks. The most exciting and notable thing anyone remembers him doing in the last ten years, besides yelling at Scott for doing something he was never able to do, is have an affair.

Even David's recent characterisation of him in X-Factor plays him second fiddle to Madrox.

If he is boring, does he have to stay boring? I found nothing exciting about Cyclops until Grant Morrison broke his shell and forced him to act a little rebellious. Here, Havok now has the platform to make an impact on mutant-human relations. His time as the "Cyclops" of Mutant X could play into his decision to lead the team, perhaps even haunt him. I prefer to be optimistic, anyway.

#33 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger: True story. Madrox rules!

@VampireSelektor said:

@John Valentine said:

@VampireSelektor said:

@John Valentine said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@John Valentine said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

Great breakdown.

If he is boring, does he have to stay boring? I found nothing exciting about Cyclops until Grant Morrison broke his shell and forced him to act a little rebellious. Here, Havok now has the platform to make an impact on mutant-human relations. His time as the "Cyclops" of Mutant X could play into his decision to lead the team, perhaps even haunt him. I prefer to be optimistic, anyway.

Yeah, I'm only playing Devil's advocate. Remender's a solid writer. Hopefully he'll make something out of Alex. Hopefully he'll steer him towards seeing Cyclops' view of things in a more positive light, but break him out of his brother's shadow. At the moment he just seems like a bitter, whiny younger sibling criticising his brother's failures without having anything to show for himself.

#34 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@ApatheticAvenger: True story. Madrox rules!

@VampireSelektor said:

@John Valentine said:

@VampireSelektor said:

@John Valentine said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@John Valentine said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

Great breakdown.

Yeah, I'm only playing Devil's advocate. Remender's a solid writer. Hopefully he'll make something out of Alex. Hopefully he'll steer him towards seeing Cyclops' view of things in a more positive light, but break him out of his brother's shadow. At the moment he just seems like a bitter, whiny younger sibling criticising his brother's failures without having anything to show for himself.

One question: What did Cyclops and/or the Phoenix Five do besides:

1) murder Charles Xavier

2) destroy the weapons of all nations

3) threaten to take over the world (?)

4) Threaten to wipe the Avengers off the face of the Earth

5) Wipe out the CPU of Justin's Sentinel

Were there any other deaths? Aside from Xavier's demise, I can understand anger towards Cyclops for destroying weapons systems without consent and generally asserting his will on the world. Cable was met with similar reception when he forced the nations of the world to work together by posing as an Omega-level threat. Cyclops, at the very least, deserves impeachment from his office on Utopia and a censure from the superhero community.

#35 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

@VampireSelektor said:

1) murder Charles Xavier

Were there any other deaths? Aside from Xavier's demise, I can understand anger towards Cyclops for destroying weapons systems without consent and generally asserting his will on the world. Cable was met with similar reception when he forced the nations of the world to work together by posing as an Omega-level threat. Cyclops, at the very least, deserves impeachment from his office on Utopia and a censure from the superhero community.

The outcome of the event proved that Cyclops was right. It has been stated, in comic, by several non-allied characters. Captain America was just pissed because he was wrong and Scott was right.

The Phoenix Five made heaven on earth, saved millions from starvation, provided water, sanitation and world peace. More than the Avengers have done in a while, eh? Surely a team composed of so many "great" super-heroes with such resources at their disposal should be capable of such a thing?

It was only after constant provocation and attack that the Phoenix Five, a product of the Avengers'/Stark's arrogance, turned to eliminate the Avengers.

Xavier's death was his own fault.

Justin's Sentinel was an antiquated, potential threat to mutant-kind. Sentinels, both directly and indirectly, have been responsible for the deaths of way over 16 million mutants. A justified elimination.

#36 Edited by McKlayn (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@VampireSelektor said:

1) murder Charles Xavier

The outcome of the event proved that Cyclops was right. It has been stated, in comic, by several non-allied characters. Captain America was just pissed because he was wrong and Scott was right.

The Phoenix Five made heaven on earth, saved millions from starvation, provided water, sanitation and world peace. More than the Avengers have done in a while, eh? Surely a team composed of so many "great" super-heroes with such resources at their disposal should be capable of such a thing?

It was only after constant provocation and attack that the Phoenix Five, a product of the Avengers'/Stark's arrogance, turned to eliminate the Avengers.

Justin's Sentinel was an antiquated, potential threat to mutant-kind. Sentinels, both directly and indirectly, have been responsible for the deaths of way over 16 million mutants. A justified elimination.

And they didn't even really destroy that, some how Quicksilver saved it

#37 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

@McKlayn said:

@John Valentine said:

@VampireSelektor said:

1) murder Charles Xavier

Urgh, I wish Cyclops and the X-Men had eliminated the Avengers. Starting with that pathetic whelp, Quicksilver.

#38 Posted by McKlayn (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: Yea i'd love to see him dead, i really just want our characters back from the avengers :'( this whole merger thing makes me itch

#39 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@McKlayn said:

@John Valentine said:

@VampireSelektor said:

1) murder Charles Xavier

*sigh* It's a shame the Avengers antagonized the Phoenix Quintet before M-Day was reversed. Better yet, it's a shame the Phoenix Five didn't relinquish their powers to jump start mutant-kind before delivering peace to the world.

#40 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@god_spawn said:

So petty.

Emma "My tits are out in a snow storm" Frost ladies and gentlemen.

There was a snow storm? I didn't see it, my eyes must have been otherwise occupied

#41 Posted by xmentas (175 posts) - - Show Bio

How dare you! Havok has more than enough reasons to let Cyclops know what he did wrong!

1. Cyclops is a terrible person

2. The Avengers are always right

3. If Captain America is against you then obviously everyone should agree with his view!

#42 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@Dernman said:

Heh, from what I've heard, Havok is just Remenders' self-insertion character anyway.-rolls eyes-

#43 Edited by DATNIGGA (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@VampireSelektor said:

1) murder Charles Xavier

Quoted for truth...

Captain is mad he was wrong cause had he gotten his way & took hope off worlds the mutants would'nt have even been brought back

and finally somone points out Xaviers death was own his fault... I would have used excessive force too if a world class telapath was trying to erase my mind

@xmentas:

everyone used those 3 against cyke reasons... but at the end of the day....

Check & mate

#44 Posted by McKlayn (1077 posts) - - Show Bio
Fuck yea I SOOO want one of these? Where do i sign up?
#45 Posted by DATNIGGA (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

@McKlayn: i wish i knew i want one lol

#46 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys realize you can print one yourselves, right?

#47 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3234 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by McKlayn (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: yea scott has to get out to stop sinister!!

#49 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (3234 posts) - - Show Bio

@McKlayn: its funny how sinister is both male and female xp......and confusing

#50 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

So Cyclops is Batman? Why is Sinister acting like the Joker?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.