Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11232 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

How bad do you think cylops will get

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

from his affair, kicking charles out of the x-men, highering a hit man squad, the x-force, to torturing bishop. How far dou think cylops can go, how bad will he get ?

does he deserve an ass-whoping ?

Onihana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Onihana

I feel that he at some point be removed from "power" be it himself or some else due to his actions. I don't think he is completely blind to what he does and know some things are bad as a whole. With the situation that he is in he feel they need to be done. How long it takes to happen is going to remain unclear because with the way things are written now, he has to constantly defend the mutant race form all things possible and so far most of them have been "huge event".

As for what he deserves as punishment is to each person to decide but I feel his greatest punishment will be the one he sets for himself.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By fodigg

Yeah, how dare he save all of humanity. Don't get me wrong, the guy's made some serious mistakes and has at times acted like a prick, but he's helped the X-Men weather some rough seas.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By BatteredArmor
    Why U Gotta Hate Brah?
    Why U Gotta Hate Brah?
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#5  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

The only one of these moves that frankly even remotely deserved any kind of punishment was the affair, and he's already payed out of his ass for that. Just leave the poor guy alone.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Onemoreposter

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Right, cuz there's nothing wrong with putting a hit out on someone you deem a threat

Personally Scott always kinda struck me as a bit of dick. I like the guy/character. In my top 5 xpeople. If you don't think he's a bit of a prig though, you're lying to yourself.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#7  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Onemoreposter When an entire freaking species future hangs on your shoulders, bending the rules a litte doesn't make you a prick

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Mercy_

You guys are gonna make me post it again, aren't you?

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sesquipedalophobe

What a douche.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Deranged Midget

@The Dark Huntress: What a prick... LOL

thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thanobomb1124
    @BlackArmor
    Why U Gotta Hate Brah?
    Why U Gotta Hate Brah?
    Lol
    DarkChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12  Edited By DarkChris

B!tch please! He saved the whole mutantkind, he lost his son, his bro was gone for years in the outer space and Logan can have a school about kids being kids thanks to Cyke and his decisions. What a douche.

Black_Robin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Black_Robin

@DarkChris said:

B!tch please! He saved the whole mutantkind, he lost his son, his bro was gone for years in the outer space and Logan can have a school about kids being kids thanks to Cyke and his decisions. What a douche.

this!

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think there's going to come a point where he'll go off the deep end. Not sure how far he'll fall, but I think it is coming. I'm not saying I think he's a dick. I'm not saying I hate his character. (Wolverine fan by the way and I sided with him overall in Schism) I'm saying it would be damn good storytelling for it to happen to him. Scott's definitely changed over the years and he's had to make some tough decisions and he knows that. I don't think it'll be a case of absolute power corrupting, but more a case of a man who gets too used to making the tough decisions and eventually loses himself. Right now, he's got a very big picture type outlook. And of course he's the leader of an entire race so he kind of has to look at things that way. Yet doing that all the time comes with a cost. I think eventually there will be a situation where he'll realize he'll make a decision that no one will agree with, except for him, there'll be a fight, he'll realize how far off the deep end he's gone, and he'll be removed from leadership.

0blivion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By 0blivion_

@The Dark Huntress said:

No Caption Provided

LOL

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Aiden Cross

He'll get as 'bad' (as you call it) as he needs to be in order to keep his people safe.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Aiden Cross said:

He'll get as 'bad' (as you call it) as he needs to be in order to keep his people safe.

-Respect-

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@The Dark Huntress said:

No Caption Provided

LMAO!

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Soulstealer

@The Dark Huntress said:

No Caption Provided

I can only imagine that AvX is gonna try their best to make him the villain, but I doubt I'll ever disagree with this. lol

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Soulstealer said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

No Caption Provided

I can only imagine that AvX is gonna try their best to make him the villain, but I doubt I'll ever disagree with this. lol

I doubt they will make him a villain, just more like how Tony was in the Civil War minus the self righteous douchiness and more of a big chance for our race kind of thing. Cykes isn't a villain, plain and simple.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By CATPANEXE

Minding how necro this thread is.

The Bishop in question was a genocidal madman. Cyclops torturing him seems like kindness compared to what that guy did to Forge, to Cable dismantling him, to what he did to several people, timelines, Xavier, ect.

Charles did that to himself, courtesy of Deadly Genesis. It didn't stick anyways.

X-Force is somewhat of a moot point now. To be real about it, Cyclops, Wolverine, whoever has an X-Force because readers want a mercenary X-Force title to read as they loved the old series, nothing more or less, and why the whole point makes everyone involved look like a hypocrite according to readers, because it's forced.

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Soulstealer

@god_spawn said:

@Soulstealer said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

No Caption Provided

I doubt they will make him a villain, just more like how Tony was in the Civil War minus the self righteous douchiness and more of a big chance for our race kind of thing. Cykes isn't a villain, plain and simple.

Agreed. But also when I used the word villain I didn't mean it. At least not in the conventional sense, antagonist would have been the better statement. I'm going with Sinister's prediction though.. "Next time we meet, you'll be more hated than I am..." Probably not the direct quote, I'm horrid at remembering direct quotes, but it's to that effect but I say game on. I'll give Marvel the benefit of the doubt until I can't and then I'll probably be a sad sad panda.

@CATPANEXE said:

Minding how necro this thread is.

The Bishop in question was a genocidal madman. Cyclops torturing him seems like kindness compared to what that guy did to Forge, to Cable dismantling him, to what he did to several people, timelines, Xavier, ect.

Charles did that to himself, courtesy of Deadly Genesis. It didn't stick anyways.

X-Force is somewhat of a moot point now. To be real about it, Cyclops, Wolverine, whoever has an X-Force because readers want a mercenary X-Force title to read as they loved the old series, nothing more or less, and why the whole point makes everyone involved look like a hypocrite according to readers, because it's forced.

Good points are good! But they give Bishop the morality out by saying that if he kills Hope he changes the entire timeline so the things he was doing weren't "real". That's laughable of course, but if you can justify it to the audience or get them to forget it happened...well long story short... Magneto. A thousand times Magneto...

Charles gets less moral leeway than Bishop. Is it logical? Nope. Is it a good way to keep Xavier out of the way so no one really has to tackle writing him or shoehorning him into the "all new darker and grittier X-men" indeed it is.

Agreed. Also Hank's so hypocritical in my opinion now thanks to not only knowing about Uncanny X-Force, but also his work with the Secret Avengers that it's pretty painful. However forced is forced. So maybe it'll die down in a year or two? I can dream right?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#23  Edited By Joygirl

I'd like it if he went off the deep-end and stayed there. He seems like he'd make a better "villain with good ends" than "hero with bad means". He's already on his way to being the next Magneto, he could make a fantastic villain.

RogueOracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RogueOracle

Look he may be a act like a "prick" because his actions piss people off, but he's had to hardened himself to make the hard decisions. That's what I kind of like about him. He's had a rough life and he's just reacting the things going on around him.

Sure, he could have managed his marriage with Jean better (in no way shape of form to do I approve of adultery, I don't even care if it was telepathic, just separate, and Jean had her moments with Logan, but she never had an affair with him), but on numerous occasions he's shown regret for what he's done, though not entirely otherwise he wouldn't have Emma.

Look, I like him because his flawed and not a Mary Sue like Captain America. He's complicated dude. He has had a crappy personal life, not much friends, only has one person he can really fully trust (emma), two failed marriages, abandoned his wife and kid....yeah, as I said, complicated. But he has a had more emotional and character development that led him to become the leader he is today. Honestly, I think he's just happy he can finally outshine Jean. JK!!! Mostly.

hectorsquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By hectorsquall

@The Dark Huntress said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@RogueOracle said:

Look he may be a act like a "prick" because his actions piss people off, but he's had to hardened himself to make the hard decisions. That's what I kind of like about him. He's had a rough life and he's just reacting the things going on around him.

Sure, he could have managed his marriage with Jean better (in no way shape of form to do I approve of adultery, I don't even care if it was telepathic, just separate, and Jean had her moments with Logan, but she never had an affair with him), but on numerous occasions he's shown regret for what he's done, though not entirely otherwise he wouldn't have Emma.

Look, I like him because his flawed and not a Mary Sue like Captain America. He's complicated dude. He has had a crappy personal life, not much friends, only has one person he can really fully trust (emma), two failed marriages, abandoned his wife and kid....yeah, as I said, complicated. But he has a had more emotional and character development that led him to become the leader he is today. Honestly, I think he's just happy he can finally outshine Jean. JK!!! Mostly.

This is actually a pretty solid analysis IMO.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.