Favourite Cyclops Moment

#1 Edited by Icon (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

I was reading the Cyclops page on Wikipedia when I came across this from issue #175 of Uncanny X-Men: 

"When the X-Men are hypnotized into thinking Cyclops is the Dark Phoenix, they try to hunt him down. After thwarting Colossus, Nightcrawler, and Storm in quick succession, he flees to the Danger Room.  Inside, he creates a jungle environment in which to hide from his fellow X-Men. They attempt to hunt him down, but he outwits them, defeating Shadowcat, Wolverine, Colossus, and Rogue, all the while suffering from broken ribs."

I have to say that while I don't have that issue yet (I plan to get it now) that has to be my favourite Cyclops moment. He just shows himself there to be too kick ass for it not to be. x] 

What's your fav moment? 
#2 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icon: First of all, I'd like it to be known that as far as I'm concerned; Cyclops is Marvel's equal best character alongside Spidey. Without further ado, my favourite moment;

#3 Posted by Icon (2051 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: Hell yeah.
#4 Posted by ForbushBug (496 posts) - - Show Bio

My fave is abandoning his wife and infant child to hang out with his old buddies and an ex-girlfriend.

#5 Posted by Icon (2051 posts) - - Show Bio
@ForbushBug: Oh a cheap shot. Do you feel good now? You can find fault with any character that has been around this long and handled by as many different writers and artists as he has, but that is hardly the point of this thread. 
#6 Posted by eldestrisk (632 posts) - - Show Bio
@ForbushBug: If your supposed dead girlfriend returns from the dead and your current wife looks exactly like her I would like to see how normal can you act and all the excellents decisions you would make.
#7 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icon: Check out this blog thing; some great stuff there for Cyke fans :D

http://angelophile.livejournal.com/700619.html
#8 Edited by Captain13 (3260 posts) - - Show Bio

My fav is when Cyke is left to die in a ditch by Ult. Wolverine, and he survives for almost a month on nothing but grubs despite 20 broken bones. Then once he's healed he kicks serious @ss on asteroid M.

P.S. Long live Scott Summers, the greatest X-Man!

#9 Posted by Krakoa (550 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Icon: First of all, I'd like it to be known that as far as I'm concerned; Cyclops is Marvel's equal best character alongside Spidey. Without further ado, my favourite moment;

"
Wow. Just wow.
#10 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Krakoa: Yeah, I know. I've read that issue like a hundred times lol. (Astonishing X-Men #23).
#11 Posted by Icon (2051 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: Thanks! Seriously. :] 

@Captain13
said:
" My fav is when Cyke is left to die in a ditch by Ult. Wolverine, and he survives for almost a month on nothing but grubs despite 20 broken bones. Then once he's healed he kicks serious @ss on asteroid M.  P.S. Long live Scott Summers, the greatest X-Man! "
That's a great moment, as is the moment he gives Wolverine his  comeuppance. 
#12 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icon: No worries, always happy to spread the Joy of Cyclops lol. After dealing with constant Cyke-bashing for years, it's nice that we Scott fans are finally getting a decent go now.
#13 Posted by Icon (2051 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: I agree, although I think he will always be a polarizing figure to an extent. 
#14 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icon: Yeah, but that's one of the reasons that I like him. He's not virtually universally loved like Batman or Spider-Man. He's just an ordinary guy with a sweet power trying to help humans and mutants alike anyway he can.
#15 Posted by SumoSlamMan (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, any time Scott really cuts loose with his optic blasts is awesome.  Gotta say though, when he unleashes on a Sentinel in one of the earlier Astonishing X-Men issues and Wolverine says something akin to, "Now I remember why you're the boss" I think that just might take the cake for me.  An open admission of awe and respect from Logan?  'Nuff said.

#16 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@SumoSlamMan: :)

#17 Posted by Icon (2051 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: What I love is that he is a great example of a seemingly ordinary man having power thrust upon him. That can make or break someone, and he proved capable of rising to meet that challenge. That is very much what his story is about. And it is how great leaders are made.  

@SumoSlamMan said:
"An open admission of awe and respect from Logan?  'Nuff said. "
Agreed.
#18 Posted by SumoSlamMan (69 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: Thumbs up to you sir.  That's exactly the moment I was speaking of.  Beware the emotionally stunted man with glowing red eyes.  They pack enough power to punch through a mountain.  Brilliant.
#19 Posted by kaami4 (115 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt:  
thats so cool, i agree with logan
#20 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt:  Egads!  You stole my favorite moment.   Now I gotta find a new one.
#21 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita: There's plenty to choose from since Cyclops is so epic :D
#22 Posted by Black Lantern Mar-vell (2028 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite cyclops moment is when they find his glasses floating in the air when we realise Jean killed him in X-men 3!!!
#23 Posted by growup (525 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont have the scan, but its in Astonishing X-men where he takes charge and proves he a leader right before sacrificing his own life.

#24 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red_Justice:  This one?

#25 Edited by Lokheit (492 posts) - - Show Bio

Astonishing x-men gave us so many incredible moments with Scott... I'm not sure which one to pick overall, to name an amazing moment with him not named yet: 

-Iron patriot is punching him, he doesn't seems to make any effort to hurt Norman or attack him, instead he continously smiles making Osborn crazy about that, when Osborn is arguing with him he tells him: "guess who is out of the game?" or something like this, then Norman realizes how f***d he is now that his 2 powerhouses has been taking out and that Scott is outsmarting him so he really doesn't need to fight him. I haven't the scans but this moment was epic for me. Some pages later, Scott took the mantle as the leader of the mutant nation unifying them, something that neither Magneto (who later recognizes him for what he has done) or Xavier (who seems jealous of his first student in later issues instead of being proud of what "his boy" has done) managed to achieve.

#26 Posted by Manchine (3964 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @Icon: Check out this blog thing; some great stuff there for Cyke fans :D   http://angelophile.livejournal.com/700619.html "

That was great.  I remember that comic when Cyke took on all the Xmen.  It was shortly after secret wars.
#27 Posted by Icon (2051 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lokheit: Another great, and recent, moment for sure. :]
#28 Posted by Icon (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott's attempt at humour. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.