Does Emma still love Scott?

  • 89 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Cyclops4ever (40 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read consequences 3 yet, but I saw in a review that Emma was saying some negative things about their relationship status, can anyone explain and give me details I don't mind spoilers, I really hope they stay together they are the last good couple in the MU.

#3 Edited by Cyclops4ever (40 posts) - - Show Bio

so what does emma say to kitty specifically when kitty asks if emma wants her to take scott a message. Also I hate how kitty thinks she is so smart, I think Emma is smarter than her in many ways, kitty is a self rightous twat...anyways I also heard that Scott was communicating with Magneto in someway, can I get the details on that

#5 Posted by Cyclops4ever (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats unfortunate, Scott just saved her from self destructing by putting all the pheonix burden on himself. Idk I was upset with the whole AvX thing, and I can't stand these goody goody self rightous a-holes talking down to scott and co. its so annoying. The reason my favorites are Scott and Emma are because they are more real than other heroes, they, like normal people, have had to make tough choices and had to walk in the grey a little and had to do things that weren't totally squeeky clean ya know

#6 Posted by Black_Robin (20 posts) - - Show Bio

scott picked up metal scraps and Eric pretty much asked if he wanted him to break him out. Loved it!

#7 Posted by Trodorne (2574 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cyclops4ever said:

Thats unfortunate, Scott just saved her from self destructing by putting all the pheonix burden on himself. Idk I was upset with the whole AvX thing, and I can't stand these goody goody self rightous a-holes talking down to scott and co. its so annoying. The reason my favorites are Scott and Emma are because they are more real than other heroes, they, like normal people, have had to make tough choices and had to walk in the grey a little and had to do things that weren't totally squeeky clean ya know

Cyclops was right!

I know technically this event was all Captain America's fault but since Marvel does not want to make Wolverine/Captain America/and Spider-man look like the villains they had to change to the story to make scott come out more evil in the end. Where was K'un-Lun before the phoenix showed up in the mix, where was this prophecy to find this red headed firebird girl and train her to fight off the phoenix? Why was none of this information brought up to Iron Fists attention when this started?

Why wasn't the logical step with the return of scarlet witch was to bring her into the fold about a plan to bring back the mutants after she resurfaced?

All these things and only 1 point was brought up against cyclops for not thinking of using scarlet witch in the first place. in terms of marvel they rushed scott being a villain WAY to fast. I would not mind him being a villain but more at a gradual process after the mutants come back.

#8 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@Cyclops4ever said:

so what does emma say to kitty specifically when kitty asks if emma wants her to take scott a message

She says that she doesn't have any message for Scott that she would wish to "dirty [Kitty's] perfect mouth with"

In other words, she's a little peeved.

Huh. And I read that as "something lewd."

#9 Posted by McKlayn (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

@Black_Robin said:

scott picked up metal scraps and Eric pretty much asked if he wanted him to break him out. Loved it!

I really don't think that is metal scraps, he got it out of a pack in his shoe. I looks more like Salt to me, and a weird satanic like design he draws on the ground to summon or call on Magik, i think he's talking to her not Magneto. Not saying i am certain i am right, i seen where it looked like he was picking up metal scraps or something anyway, still the design he makes with it and the fact it's in a sealed packet that he rips open, i think it's salt and magik (and any good supernatural fan knows salt has to do with limbo and stuff <.< lol)

#10 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@McKlayn said:

@Black_Robin said:

scott picked up metal scraps and Eric pretty much asked if he wanted him to break him out. Loved it!

I really don't think that is metal scraps, he got it out of a pack in his shoe. I looks more like Salt to me, and a weird satanic like design he draws on the ground to summon or call on Magik, i think he's talking to her not Magneto. Not saying i am certain i am right, i seen where it looked like he was picking up metal scraps or something anyway, still the design he makes with it and the fact it's in a sealed packet that he rips open, i think it's salt and magik (and any good supernatural fan knows salt has to do with limbo and stuff <.< lol)

In the recap page of the next issue it says that Scott used metal filings to communicate with Magneto. I thought it was Magik also. Why did Scott draw such a weird symbol?

#11 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

go kitty...XD

#12 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2 said:

@McKlayn said:

@Black_Robin said:

scott picked up metal scraps and Eric pretty much asked if he wanted him to break him out. Loved it!

I really don't think that is metal scraps, he got it out of a pack in his shoe. I looks more like Salt to me, and a weird satanic like design he draws on the ground to summon or call on Magik, i think he's talking to her not Magneto. Not saying i am certain i am right, i seen where it looked like he was picking up metal scraps or something anyway, still the design he makes with it and the fact it's in a sealed packet that he rips open, i think it's salt and magik (and any good supernatural fan knows salt has to do with limbo and stuff <.< lol)

In the recap page of the next issue it says that Scott used metal filings to communicate with Magneto. I thought it was Magik also. Why did Scott draw such a weird symbol?

i thought it was magic too

#13 Posted by acer51 (2222 posts) - - Show Bio

It was never really a love, just an affair.

#14 Posted by God_Spawn (37381 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51 said:

It was never really a love, just an affair.

No it's love. Otherwise they wouldn't be together for this long.

Moderator
#15 Edited by acer51 (2222 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: They enjoy each other and they were on the same team, of course it would continue, now that the teams disbanded relationship is over.

Cyclops just went with Emma for a while cause he needed something to fill the void Jean left unfulfilled.

#16 Edited by God_Spawn (37381 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51: That's false. Jean pushed Cyclops to live happily and be with Emma. Since then, Cyclops has stated numerous times that he loves Emma, even admitting he has picked her over Jean a few times. And there has been confirmation the relationship is over and they will continue to be on the same team shown in All New X-Men.

Moderator
#17 Posted by acer51 (2222 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@acer51: That's false. Jean pushed Cyclops to live happily and be with Emma. Since then, Cyclops has stated numerous times that he loves Emma, even admitting he has picked her over Jean a few times.

Of course he tells his girlfriend he loves her, 12 year old kids do that.

#18 Posted by God_Spawn (37381 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51: That's also a terrible example. He's a grown man and has enough maturity to decide what is puppy love and what is actual feelings for someone..

Moderator
#19 Posted by acer51 (2222 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@acer51: That's also a terrible example. He's a grown man and has enough maturity to decide what is puppy love and what is actual feelings for someone..

The way Emma dresses normally do you think it's her charming personality Cyclops likes?

#20 Posted by God_Spawn (37381 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51: Is that a trick question?

Moderator
#21 Posted by acer51 (2222 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: No it was to say something.

The foundation of there relationship is not love, it's lust.

#22 Posted by God_Spawn (37381 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51: I'm pretty sure it's a trick question.

Moderator
#23 Posted by acer51 (2222 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Whatever, fact is we both know this isn't a loving healthy relationship, it's sleeping with each other to deal with the stress of being a superhero.

If they stay together after this event I'm wrong though, but based on the evidence I'm pretty sure there both moving on.

#24 Posted by God_Spawn (37381 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51: You're evidence isn't even correct in the first place so really, you have no point. You're comparing him to a 12 year old and saying he's only been with Emma because she dresses the way she does. That's ignorance on both characters and I feel it pointless to even respond to you after this.

Moderator
#25 Posted by Cyclops4ever (40 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: wait so... are they over or still together, I don't think ex significant others can successfully run a revolution so I would assume they make up sometime in the next couple issues. any thoughts

#26 Posted by acer51 (2222 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: You know Scott only loves Emma for her body, go ahead and try to prove otherwise.

#27 Posted by God_Spawn (37381 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51: Anyone that has read X-Men in the last 10 years can see it. Not my problem for those blind to it.

Moderator
#28 Edited by Cyclops4ever (40 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51: Read confessions from Utopia event, that issue proves they are truly in love beyond a doubt. When you tell eachother all of your skeletons in the closet and vow to stay with one another even if the freakin avengers try and fight you....That true love if I've ever heard it.

#29 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

#30 Posted by Cyclops4ever (40 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: what comic is that from

#31 Posted by Aero_gt (840 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

go kitty...XD

The difference being that Emma is actually qualified to be headmistress of a school while you hire anybody that you are friends with and know won't sleep with Bobby. She sure moved on fast.

#32 Posted by acer51 (2222 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cyclops4ever: K I'll see if I can find it.

#33 Posted by acer51 (2222 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cyclops4ever: It's X-men consequences I think.

#34 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

It was definitely love.

#35 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51 said:

@god_spawn: You know Scott only loves Emma for her body, go ahead and try to prove otherwise.

Just in case you missed this:

@god_spawn said:

@acer51: Anyone that has read X-Men in the last 10 years can see it. Not my problem for those blind to it.

Read it again, just in case you are still not sure.

#36 Posted by Mercy_ (92632 posts) - - Show Bio

The ignorance in this thread. Man.

Moderator
#37 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51 said:

@god_spawn said:

@acer51: That's false. Jean pushed Cyclops to live happily and be with Emma. Since then, Cyclops has stated numerous times that he loves Emma, even admitting he has picked her over Jean a few times.

Of course he tells his girlfriend he loves her, 12 year old kids do that.

i think the only reason scott is with emma is because jean is dead, if she was alive who knows....maybe jean and scott would have worked it out

#38 Posted by Samimista (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

The ignorance in this thread. Man.

I have to say, I'm neutral with the character Emma but even I know that it's love between her and Scott. I actually enjoy their relationship since they've both overcame many obstacles and always been there for each other. It's been made very clear that they both love one another.

#39 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6185 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma has a hard time loving anyone ... because Emma doesn't really love Emma.

She does in the egotistical, vainglorious sense of the word, but that's just show.

I'd say she really, really tried loving Scott as much as she could love anyone. But she's too self involved IMHO to open up and find 'true' unconditional love and companionship. She liked the 'image' he lent her and the credibility it bestowed. She loved the pseudo power implicit in the role of a 'leader' that he embodied. But I don't think she really loved the man in any meaningful way.

So yeah, my answer's going to have to be no, with the admittedly harsh supposition that I doubt she ever did.

#40 Posted by Cyclops4ever (40 posts) - - Show Bio

@Samimista: I agree, I mean, she got the man's name tatood on her hip lol scemma is the best couple and they will forgive eachother for AvX cuz of phoenix as you can see they are on the same squad in marvel now. Also has anyone seen the teaser for marvel now called UNCANNY, with writers bendis and bachalo. Looks as though the E-Team is back

#41 Posted by Samimista (20609 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cyclops4ever said:

@Samimista: I agree, I mean, she got the man's name tatood on her hip lol scemma is the best couple and they will forgive eachother for AvX cuz of phoenix as you can see they are on the same squad in marvel now. Also has anyone seen the teaser for marvel now called UNCANNY, with writers bendis and bachalo. Looks as though the E-Team is back

She does? Now that's dedication. To be honest I'm more of a Jean Grey fan but I do respect Emma and like the Emma & Scott shipping. I think those two really bring out the best and worst sides of one another and I like how close they are. For anyone to say they don't love each other is crazy. It's been made clear over the past decade that they truly do care about one another. Loved how January Jones played Emma as well.

#42 Posted by sw04ca (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_SoldierXII: Interesing thoughts, and you could certainly make an argument of this. The GenX kids and Iceman will attest to the difficulty of trying to have any kind of emotional connection with her.

#43 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

Been away from the Vine for a week and half and I come in to find that I haven't missed anything.

#44 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6185 posts) - - Show Bio

@One_Eye said:

Been away from the Vine for a week and half and I come in to find that I haven't missed anything.

Aw, c'mon now, I'm sure the Vine missed you!

#45 Posted by RemyThePirate (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Late to the party, but they do love each other. It has been said multiple times.

By Jean, as she was patching up Emma's broken body when it was shattered. She found out that Emma has true feelings for Scott (This is around the time Emma/Scott were having an affair)

In Astonishing X-Men, Whedon's run, she admits it. Cassandra Nova also says that she knows that Emma really does love Scott (with all her predator's heart). Scott also says "I love you" to Emma, while they were in the breakworld, while piloting a jet.

In the Dark Avengers storyline, somewhere around Utopia storyline I think, they admit it to each other. Emma was about to leave the institute. They talked, then they shared secrets and admitted they love each other. It was a whole comic of them just saying I love you.

Also, Emma repeatedly rejecting Namor.

#46 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

She's just in a snit because scott pulled an emma frost white queen on her and took her part of the phoenix force.

#47 Posted by RemyThePirate (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still a bit confused on that part. They were talking, and I was under the assumption that she was offering her Phoenix powers, because they had no choice (they made a toast). But then Cyclops took her down. What was Emma really planning, or what did she think Scott would do?

#48 Posted by God_Spawn (37381 posts) - - Show Bio

@RemyThePirate: She was not offering her Phoenix powers. She was corrupted and wanted Scott,along side her, to burn the world and start a new. Scott saw that she was pretty much all but 100% gone and made a call taking her power so she wouldn't be completely go Dark Phoenix and lose another woman to the Phoenix Force taking that burden upon himself.

Moderator
#49 Posted by acer51 (2222 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@acer51 said:

@god_spawn: You know Scott only loves Emma for her body, go ahead and try to prove otherwise.

Just in case you missed this:

@god_spawn said:

@acer51: Anyone that has read X-Men in the last 10 years can see it. Not my problem for those blind to it.

Read it again, just in case you are still not sure.

Didn't miss it, I've read X-men in the last 10 years (not for the last 10 years but the last two or three).

And I defiantly think this relationship won't stick.

#50 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

@acer51:

There can be no confusion on this. Emma and Scott have been one of the most strongest relationships in the Marvel Universe for years now. Special attention has been placed on this, many, many times over by a multitude of writers. Despite what might be hinted at for the future, their past can't be called into question -- where is your proof that can support your belief otherwise? And don't use their very active sex life as proof that is all they have -- it is actually one of the aspects of their relationship that makes it so strong.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.