Do you think Cyclops is due for an ongoing?

#1 Posted by Cobalion (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Could Cyclops hold an an ongoing?

If so would you buy it?

#2 Posted by ChikenNipplz (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes I would definitely put this on my pull list. Slim lead the whole Marvel NOW change and he is an integrable part and should have him own series. I think Dan Slott would be great for the series.

#3 Posted by phisigmatau (554 posts) - - Show Bio

Not anything long term. He's the leader of the X-men. He should be on that team leading it.. if not then the Xtinction team.

#4 Posted by Avenger85 (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

Well he already has an ongoing. It's called Uncanny X-Men :P

#5 Posted by Squalleon (4870 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really.He is my favorite X man but the problem with the X men is that they were created to be a team so a solo title takes away what makes them interesting.
Wolverine is not completely an Xman that's why he can have his own title.

#6 Posted by SoA (5241 posts) - - Show Bio

pretty sure x-men is cyclops' ongoing . all the characters (save for magneto) i do not like all in one book

#7 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind a short miniseries perhaps, but I still prefer him in the X-Men context. I mean being the leader of the X-Men is basically his defining role.

#8 Posted by God_Spawn (38297 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

I don't mind a short miniseries perhaps, but I still prefer him in the X-Men context. I mean being the leader of the X-Men is basically his defining role.

And he's had a mini before and I enjoyed it, but I agree with the consensus he isn't meant for a long term deal. I think with the personality he has shown as of late though, he could pull off a decent length story arc.

Moderator Online
#9 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure Scott is the type that should have a solo. He's all about leading a team.

#10 Edited by RustyRoy (13873 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to read a solo Cyclops ongoing, something like a spy or secret agent kind of thing might work for him.

#11 Posted by JohnnyGat (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

I say give him a mini-series. His place is best suited in a team book but I feel that exploring him from a solo perspective would and could do wonders for him.

#12 Posted by RustyRoy (13873 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by JohnnyGat (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@johnnygat: How about a Max series?

I do not trust Marvel enough yet to see Scott be given that much attention. A mini-series is nice and small enough to experiment with and create that interest that could translate in me wanting a full on on-going.

#14 Edited by lifeofvibe (3514 posts) - - Show Bio

@cobalion: saying cyclops is due for his own ongoing

is like saying tim drake is due for his own ongoing yes and no

yes because they both lead a team and pretty much are now there own well set up character

no because

they both already have there ongoing its called teen titans and uncanny x-men

#15 Posted by tikhunt (676 posts) - - Show Bio

No and no I love Cyclops but I feel that him leading his little revelution team is a lot more important a story than him going solo.

I mean Slims biggest asset is his (in my opinion) the best tactical leader in comics and I always feel that any comic that mainly focus on him should push that as his greatest skill and purpose if you catch my drift.

#16 Posted by RustyRoy (13873 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnnygat: I think Marvel is giving him some attention lately, a Max series will suit this new Cyclops more IMO but I'm open to a simple mini series too as long as its good.

@lifeofvibe Tim Drake is nowhere near Cyclops level, and Drake already had a solo ongoing.

@tikhunt Yeah Cyclops is best know for his leadership but its not the only aspect of his character, a solo series can show something other than him being a leader.

#17 Posted by darkbeam (2522 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops is my favorite character he deserves a on going

#18 Posted by JetiiMitra (8871 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I've seen, everything about Scott from his powers to his personality is about being on a team, and more specifically leading a team. Granted I haven't read much with him in it, but I just don't see how a solo title could work.

#19 Posted by shol (120 posts) - - Show Bio

I always found that the X-Men (including Wolverine) work better as a team rather than solo. So, while I wouldn't want an ongoing I would love a mini focusing on Cyke especially if it was handled by a kick-ass creative team. His short solo story 'Retribution Affair' that was in issues #17-24 of Marvel Comics Presents as well as the decent Icons mini from 2001 and the one-shot from 2011 were all quite enjoyable and fun reads.

#20 Posted by DADDY_XERO (76 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree that a mini would be good. something that would lead to him taking back utopia, or his powers getting amped up.

but i agree that he is also a great leader with a great tactical mind. cyke and batman playing chess would first time chess wasn't boring.

#21 Posted by mechem_93 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Fraction's run was cyclops' ongoing....

#22 Edited by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see at least a miniseries, then maybe an ongoing. He's a much better character as a leader

#23 Edited by Toa_Manaia (130 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree that a mini would be good. something that would lead to him taking back utopia, or his powers getting amped up.

but i agree that he is also a great leader with a great tactical mind. cyke and batman playing chess would first time chess wasn't boring.

Yup yup and yup to that, Slim is my favorite Marvel character and if a solo ongoing was to be made it would best test out the reception to a mini first...

#24 Edited by slimlim (266 posts) - - Show Bio

How abt a Summers' mini series? Cyclops, Havok, Cable, Rachel, Hope (although she's a Summers in name only). They take my vote as the Marvel universe's most dysfunctional family right now.

#25 Edited by God_Spawn (38297 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimlim: Hope needs to stay away from Cyclops for a long time.

Moderator Online
#26 Posted by Wolverine08 (45570 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Slim just fits better as a leader in a team book. That's his niche.

#27 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3863 posts) - - Show Bio

mini series yea, a monthly ongoing series no. Uncanny X-men is essentially a Cyclops ongoing and he fits better leading a team.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.