Did scott crack?

#1 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking back at some of the decision's scott has made in the past is it possible he cracked and no one noticed?

#2 Posted by God_Spawn (38339 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

Moderator
#3 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10839 posts) - - Show Bio

Before the PF....no he didn't. I think his decisions were extreme but often necessary. Since the PF...hell yes he did.

#4 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Before the PF....no he didn't. I think his decisions were extreme but often necessary. Since the PF...hell yes he did.

Cosmic entities don't count :p

#5 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10839 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Before the PF....no he didn't. I think his decisions were extreme but often necessary. Since the PF...hell yes he did.

Cosmic entities don't count :p

Yeah possession by a universal cosmic force should be a get-out-of-jail-free moment...

#6 Posted by lorex (958 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops was perhaps naive to think the Phoenix Force could be controlled but having that influence him does not constitute him cracking. Now in the aftermath when he realizes he killed Xavier he could crack from that but I doubt it. Cyclops has come back from being a host of Apocalypse so coming back from beinig a phone of  the PF should not be an impossible task for him. I do not think he will crack, though he will probably grive and feel guilty.

#7 Posted by oviouslyjeangrey (400 posts) - - Show Bio

Like an egg

#8 Posted by _Franco_ (47 posts) - - Show Bio

Had the wrong idea from the title.

#9 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he lost his marbles the minute he let Emma Frost seduce him....

Should he get a get-out-of-jail free card? No....he STILL thinks what he did was justified in his Ruby-Quartz prison. Seriously? He and Emma Frost dined with Steak, seasoned by HUMAN BLOOD.

#10 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

He did not crack, the writers did

#11 Posted by VesKaGan (103 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sufferthorn said:

I think he lost his marbles the minute he let Emma Frost seduce him....

Should he get a get-out-of-jail free card? No....he STILL thinks what he did was justified in his Ruby-Quartz prison. Seriously? He and Emma Frost dined with Steak, seasoned by HUMAN BLOOD.

But you did get that it wasn't real blood, but just Emmas psyonic projection and that Scott was disgusted when Emma told him, yes?

#12 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4171 posts) - - Show Bio

l.ong live the summers rebellion.....does anyone remember that???

#13 Posted by McKlayn (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott did not crack, i think he made all the same decisions a normal person did while being provoked and threatening extinction especially when people you thought were your allies turn against you. He also didn't want the phoenix force for himself, it was thrust upon him he never claimed or thought he could control it until he got it then simply tried to do the best he could with the power he got, can't really blame him for that. Now some of his decisions after having the Phoenix force is a bit questionable but again once he had the force he was dancing on the edge of sanity through no fault of his own.

#14 Edited by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

@VesKaGan said:

@Sufferthorn said:

I think he lost his marbles the minute he let Emma Frost seduce him....

Should he get a get-out-of-jail free card? No....he STILL thinks what he did was justified in his Ruby-Quartz prison. Seriously? He and Emma Frost dined with Steak, seasoned by HUMAN BLOOD.

But you did get that it wasn't real blood, but just Emmas psyonic projection and that Scott was disgusted when Emma told him, yes?

Doesn't matter either way....something like that is beyond acceptance. Cyclops may have been disgusted but he still seemed to accept it because the Phoenix Force was messing with his emotions.

Such crimes must be taken into responsibility. If you were a normal citizen living somewhere on 616 Earth, would you want Cyclops to be allowed to roam free with forgiven crimes after all that? Because i'd personally be a little bit skeptical

#15 Posted by xmentas (175 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sufferthorn: So why not take all the other Marvel heroes that have commited such crimes?

Oh yeah! Because half the heroes would be in prison too!

#16 Posted by Teerack (7455 posts) - - Show Bio

If the Avengers had let Hope get the Pheonix everything would of worked out better. Scott got fucked over by bad luck.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.