Cyke should be higher on the undarmed combat list.

#1 Posted by Kain (197 posts) - - Show Bio

Higher than Wolverine and Gambit at least, from what I remember Wolverine hasn't ever beat Cyke in a fight and Gambit hasn't ever been shown to be anywhere near Cyclops' level in unarmed combat.
Post Edited:2006-12-13 04:31:29

#2 Posted by Captain Cascader (1284 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure as more votes go in the rankings will settle a bit. That said, there's nothing we can really do to stop people voting for popular characters, which is what I'm sure will happen.

Staff
#3 Posted by tyger_raven (74 posts) - - Show Bio

And yet, an non-powered Storm beat him fair and square. I'm sorry, buddy, but your argument that Cyke is higher qualified in unarmed combat than Wolverine or even Gambit doesn't fly with me. No offense, man. Just my opinion. :)

#4 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (646 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott has kicked Wolverine's ass many times.

#5 Posted by The Makeshift Man (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah the way the votes have turned are...interesting. Like Dr. Strange being better at unarmed combat than Superman.

#6 Posted by Kushnar (9 posts) - - Show Bio

so you think cyclops is a better fighter than gambit or wolverine next your gunna be tellin us that he is stronger than juggernaut or colossus! HA! cyclops might be a descent fighter but wolverine and gambit kick ass! so i think you're just saying that cuz he one of ur favorite superheros

#7 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Kushnar says:

"so you think cyclops is a better fighter than gambit or wolverine next your gunna be tellin us that he is stronger than juggernaut or colossus! HA! cyclops might be a descent fighter but wolverine and gambit kick ass! so i think you're just saying that cuz he one of ur favorite superheros"

Cyc owns Logan everytime they through down, not sure about Gambit but he's never been shown to be anything more then acrobatic.

#8 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Kushnar says:

"so you think cyclops is a better fighter than gambit or wolverine next your gunna be tellin us that he is stronger than juggernaut or colossus! HA! cyclops might be a descent fighter but wolverine and gambit kick ass! so i think you're just saying that cuz he one of ur favorite superheros"

Are you trying to pick a fight with someone that hasn't posted in like 7 months? Why do new people dig up old threads?
Post Edited:2007-07-05 03:56:09

#9 Posted by Kain (197 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm beat him fair and square? No, Maddie had a hand in Scott losing and it was even mentioned that Scott's heart was not in that fight.

Not to mention Cyclops has beaten Wolverine EVERY time the two of them have squared off, sorry but Cyclops is just straight up better than Logan.

#10 Posted by Kain (197 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still alive :D

#11 Posted by Miss Teri (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Shang-chi, Karate Kid, Slaymaster, Iron Fist, Cat, Karnak should be in the top.

Why is Hulk and Godzilla even on the list? They doesn't know any Martial arts or anything.

#12 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

They doesn't?

#13 Posted by Miss Teri (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I always was under the impression that Hulk fought mostly with brute strenght, but maybe he learned kickboxing or something recently?

#14 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Miss Teri says:

"I always was under the impression that Hulk fought mostly with brute strenght, but maybe he learned kickboxing or something recently?"

Sorry, just commenting on your grammar. No you're right, Hulk is purely a physical, brawler type but does that mean that he shouldn't be on the list? This would depend on what you think of when you see the words Unarmed Combat. You seem to be looking at that and deciding that it means knowledge of combat systems when to me it means ability in hand to hand fighting. Hulk uses that mode of fighting almost exclusively and while he is untrained, he is quite proficient.

#15 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

It's become a popularity vote... If you really have that big of a problem with it then go vote those guys up yourself.

#16 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyke beat Logan in unarmed combat?

#17 Posted by Kain (197 posts) - - Show Bio

Clearly you haven't noticed how old this thread is, while I think he should be higher up I'm not about to waste my time voting on it as getting him to a suitable position on the rankings would take me ages.

#18 Posted by Kain (197 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, it was a very long time ago, I think the X-men had just been beaten by Proteus and to shake Logan out of the funk he was in he got into a fight with him and soundly beat him.

#19 Posted by Kushnar (9 posts) - - Show Bio

i believe th unarmed combat thing is about just using w/e is on your body (no weapons, help, or powers of anysort) and cyclops usually is the victor do to his powers and gambit kicks ass everytime (when he lost his powers after being stabbed by vargas he still beat bishop) so i think cyclops is fine where he is

#20 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

styles make fights... which means fighter #1 may always beat fighter #2 but lose to fighter #3, and fighter #2 may always beat fighter #3, paper rock siccors type of thing. so where cyke may constantly beat logan, im pretty sure if a group of ninja were to attack both.... i'd put my money on logan doing more damage with or without his claws. i would never class cyke above logan, and for the hulk... if he wins unarmed fights due to his strength which is 90% of the time then it was strength not skill that should be credited not fighting skill

#21 Posted by Kushnar (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#22 Posted by Canemacar (66 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyke has never ranked that well in H2H combat. The oft-quoted instance of him beating Wolverine in the Proteus arc occurred while Logan wasn't exactly at his best. With both of them at their peak, Logan would mop the floor with Cyke.

Gambit would beat him as well. Storm's known to be better than Scott and Gambit was established as being leagues above her by Claremont himself.

#23 Posted by DiamondFrost (105 posts) - - Show Bio

I am sorry, but as much of a Cyke fan I am. ((with me being a Scott/Emma supporter)), he really shouldn't be ranked higher. Of course this is basically a popularity contest, but while I do beleive he has beaten Wolverine, maybe, he really isn't much of a physical fighter peferring his optic blasts and strategic brain

#24 Posted by Doomhunter (289 posts) - - Show Bio

Rotten gun says:

"styles make fights... which means fighter #1 may always beat fighter #2 but lose to fighter #3, and fighter #2 may always beat fighter #3, paper rock siccors type of thing. so where cyke may constantly beat logan, im pretty sure if a group of ninja were to attack both.... i'd put my money on logan doing more damage with or without his claws. i would never class cyke above logan, and for the hulk... if he wins unarmed fights due to his strength which is 90% of the time then it was strength not skill that should be credited not fighting skill"

That makes sense...I suppose,,,

#25 Posted by EpicNinja (231 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry to bring up an old topic but it is totally bugging me. Rankings are based on who we believe would win in a fight with a specific power/ability right? Not who has beat who more times or what not. Cause here are different ways I see it.

Cyke vs Wolvy

Knowledge of Unarmed Combat:

Wolverine "...having mastered virtually every fighting style on Earth." -Marvel.com- While Scott only holds Two black belts that I know of.

Would win in Unarmed Combat:

Cyclops, Due to him beating Wolvy every time, taking advantage of his tactical ability.

Ability to fight Multiple people Unarmed:

Cyke, this was Tough really to pick, they both are good. Wolverine in most cases would kill off someone instead of actually fending off people...making it hard to depict how many people he can actually fight at once. On the other hand Cyclops has been noted to be able to fend off and defeat about 5-6 Men, while he is blind folded.

Slim vs Cajun

Knowledge of Unarmed Combat:

Cyke, From what I read, Gambit doesn't really have much knowledge of Unarmed Combat. He is mostly a brawler and instinctive fighter, when Unarmed. Though he is a trained duelist and fencer.

Would win in Unarmed Combat:

Cyke, I don't believe Remy is very much with out a staff, knife,sword, or random throwing objects.

Ability to fight Multiple people Unarmed:

Again Cyke hands down.

#26 Posted by buhdlight (87 posts) - - Show Bio

How does cyclops beating wolverine not go down as either extreme situations or very bad writing? How would Cyclops, with his training focusing on his power (long ranged attack) and enhancing his leadership skills, beat someone who is made for hand to hand combat. Wolverine has over a hundred years of experience in everything from martial arts, military training, and actual hand to hand combat. This doesn't even take into account his mutant abilities of his unbreakable skeleton. If Cyclops is a better hand to hand combat fighter than Wolverine, they may as well kill the character off, he's useless.

#27 Posted by EpicNinja (231 posts) - - Show Bio

buhdlight says:

"How does cyclops beating wolverine not go down as either extreme situations or very bad writing? How would Cyclops, with his training focusing on his power (long ranged attack) and enhancing his leadership skills, beat someone who is made for hand to hand combat. Wolverine has over a hundred years of experience in everything from martial arts, military training, and actual hand to hand combat. This doesn't even take into account his mutant abilities of his unbreakable skeleton. If Cyclops is a better hand to hand combat fighter than Wolverine, they may as well kill the character off, he's useless."

Cyke doesn't only train his powers, he trains his body and martial arts too. Remember he is suppose to be a "Balanced or "Well-Rounded" character, overtime he has been turned into the long range guy.

I think its due to the relationship of the two characters. Cyclops knows how to throw Wolverine off his game, and that he takes to his advantage. Like mentioned above Wolverine knows "How" to fight better, but that doesn't mean he would win hands down to a person that can think faster than he can. Take for example "Spidey" when he knows he is out matched in a fight he throws a verbal assault of puns and insults at the opposition to balance the tide. If Tactician was a power/ability and you choose to take it away from Cyke...then Wolverine would beat him every time.

Like I said though its how you look at it.

#28 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
EpicNinja said:
"

buhdlight says:

"How does cyclops beating wolverine not go down as either extreme situations or very bad writing? How would Cyclops, with his training focusing on his power (long ranged attack) and enhancing his leadership skills, beat someone who is made for hand to hand combat. Wolverine has over a hundred years of experience in everything from martial arts, military training, and actual hand to hand combat. This doesn't even take into account his mutant abilities of his unbreakable skeleton. If Cyclops is a better hand to hand combat fighter than Wolverine, they may as well kill the character off, he's useless."

Cyke doesn't only train his powers, he trains his body and martial arts too. Remember he is suppose to be a "Balanced or "Well-Rounded" character, overtime he has been turned into the long range guy.

I think its due to the relationship of the two characters. Cyclops knows how to throw Wolverine off his game, and that he takes to his advantage. Like mentioned above Wolverine knows "How" to fight better, but that doesn't mean he would win hands down to a person that can think faster than he can. Take for example "Spidey" when he knows he is out matched in a fight he throws a verbal assault of puns and insults at the opposition to balance the tide. If Tactician was a power/ability and you choose to take it away from Cyke...then Wolverine would beat him every time.

Like I said though its how you look at it.

"
I Realize that this thread is ancient, but I do not care. Even without his tactical training, cyclops could beat any other member of the X-men at hand to hand fighting, because, as the team leader, he has learned all of his team mates fighting styles through and through, and has adapted them into his own. And besides that, the guy has a black belt in both judo and jujitsu (he taught Colossus how to fight as well), which are ground fighting styles that use an opponent's strength and/or size against them. You can throw Gambit, Wolverine, Colussus, Nightcrawler, Storm, Juggernaut, Whoever at him, and he will be able to take them at hand to hand.
#29 Posted by Daredevilfan182 (131 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks guys stop it this is ridiculous.. Wolverine is gonna win. Hes like a ninja. But thats not the point. The point is, is that the unarmed combat list is crap. People vote for who they like. Im an honest voter so when they ask me who will win Daredevil or The Hulk on the combat list I say the Hulk. But he shouldnt even be on the list. Unless of course since its unarmed it might also mean without there powers so I might of just said Daredevil over Bruce Banner. W/e. Even so Id still be crap.

#30 Posted by Vance Astro (91230 posts) - - Show Bio

Did I see boobs above?

Moderator Online
#31 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe you did.

#32 Posted by One-Above-You (1907 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Did I see boobs above?"
Yup.
#33 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a very interesting conversation

#34 Posted by Vance Astro (91230 posts) - - Show Bio
Ferro Vida said:
"This is a very interesting conversation"
Agreed.
Moderator Online
#35 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Did I see boobs above?"
Nothing like randomness.
#36 Posted by Vance Astro (91230 posts) - - Show Bio
Meteorite said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Did I see boobs above?"
Nothing like randomness."
Moderator Online
#37 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

So, I think this thread is effectively over.

#38 Edited by Daredevilfan182 (131 posts) - - Show Bio

Its safe to say the topic is no longer.......the topic.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.