Cyclops's middel Name ?

#1 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1240 posts) - - Show Bio

What is Scott Sommers middel name ? I heard some ones say it was Dayspring ?

#2 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime: dayspring is one of Cable's 12 names

#3 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable's full real name from the back of his trading card was ridiculous, Nathan Charles Christopher Dayspring Askanison Summers

#4 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1240 posts) - - Show Bio

Umm... Ok thats very interesting about Cable. But what about Cyclops ? What's his middel name ?

#5 Edited by ApatheticAvenger (1634 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops doesn't have a middle name, his full name is Scott Summers and his nickname is Slim.

As for Cable, he was born Nathan Christopher Charles Summers. His first name was supposed to be 'Christopher' after Cyclops' father Corsair, with his middle name 'Charles' for Professor X, but Madelyne Pryor named him Nathan for Mister Sinister (unaware at the time that she was Jean Grey's clone created by Mr. Sinister for the sole purpose of having a child with Cyclops).

The name Askani'son comes from Askani, the woman Rachel Grey sent back in time to save Cable by bringing him to the future. Rachel Grey would later become known as "Mother Askani" and led Clan Askani while raising Cable to fight against Apocalypse.

Cyclops and Jean got a chance to raise Askani'son from infancy to adolescence after they were married. They were transported to the future and inhabited alternate forms of themselves, dubbed Slym and Redd Dayspring. This where the Dayspring name comes from (think about it, "Summers" and "Dayspring").

#6 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

Like Apathetic Avenger said his full name is Scott Summers, however I do have a theory that his real name was originally Slim because in X-men #1 he was never referred to as Scott. wouldn't be surprised if I was wrong

#7 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger: @Kid_Omega_Prime: @BlackArmor: Yeah, sounds like he doesn't have a middle name, really.

#8 Posted by CATPANEXE (9366 posts) - - Show Bio

It's Christopher, named after his father.

#9 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1634 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

Like Apathetic Avenger said his full name is Scott Summers, however I do have a theory that his real name was originally Slim because in X-men #1 he was never referred to as Scott. wouldn't be surprised if I was wrong

You're actually 100% right, Cyclops was originally named "Slim". This was changed to "Scott" after the first few issues of X-Men, with Slim becoming his nickname.

@CATPANEXE said:

It's Christopher, named after his father.

You're thinking of Cable, not Cyclops.

#10 Posted by VioletPhoenix (291 posts) - - Show Bio

probably Philip after his grandfather (Corsair's dad)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.