Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11232 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

Cyclops's Arcs

Comics_SKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Comics_SKS

I recently started reading X-Men and have really enjoyed following Cyclops's story. I'm pretty sure I'm missing a few arcs in between the arcs I've read. I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on the ones I've missed. So far I've read New X-Men, Astonishing X-Men, Uncanny X-Men Vol.3, AvX, and All New X-Men. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By dangallant984

@Comics_SKS said:

I recently started reading X-Men and have really enjoyed following Cyclops's story. I'm pretty sure I'm missing a few arcs in between the arcs I've read. I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on the ones I've missed. So far I've read New X-Men Astonishing X-Men Uncanny X-Men Vol.3 AvX All New X-Men Any help would be greatly appreciated

Do you mean Whedon and Cassaday's Astonishing X-men, from 2004? because that's probably my favourite Cyclops arc.

I liked him alright in the early 500's of Uncanny X-men, though it's not one of the greatest runs, he's pretty bad ass in it.

I would also recommend the AvsX: Consequences mini series, he's pretty central to that, and it's pretty decent; I'd recommend it way more than AvsX, itself.

Comics_SKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Comics_SKS

I read the AvX Consequences and I can't wait for the new Uncanny X-Men coming out in Feburary. The Whedon and Cassaday run was my favorite too. It's what got me really into X-Men.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dangallant984

@Comics_SKS said:

I read the AvX Consequences and I can't wait for the new Uncanny X-Men coming out in Feburary. The Whedon and Cassaday run was my favorite too. It's what got me really into X-Men.

Yeah, that's usually where I tell new readers to start.

Other than what I mentioned, you may have read most of the best Cyclops stories already, but if you really want to dig deep, I would suggest Dual (from Uncanny X-men 201) and the original run of X-factor from the 80's.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By x_29

Whedon and AVX consequences are really good arcs for Cyke.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By John Valentine

Whedon's Astonishing X-Men, Gillen's Uncanny X-Men and AvX consequences, with ANX following on, are good, modern Cyclops arcs. Messiah Complex and Second Coming are arguably Cyclops arcs too.

Fraction's X-Men is mostly based around Scott, but the quality's not great.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By One_Eye

@Comics_SKS: Might I also suggest Eve of Destruction? A lot of people see it as the precursor to the Scott Summers of today and having read it first hand I can agree. It's a short, fun little read that features Cyclops and Wolverine teaming up in a buddy-cop style fashion. Also you get to Scott pull off some amazing stunts like his trademark bank-shot. :)

I say give it a go.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By chasereis

@dangallant984 said:

@Comics_SKS said:

Yeah, that's usually where I tell new readers to start.

Other than what I mentioned, you may have read most of the best Cyclops stories already, but if you really want to dig deep, I would suggest Dual (from Uncanny X-men 201) and the original run of X-factor from the 80's.

I'm proud of you.

@Comics_SKS: Greetings fellow Cyclops fan. Dangallant984 has pretty much summed my opinion. X-Factor v1 1-64 are all worthy of reading and the best part is you really get a feel for the O5 as well. Honestly that is when Cyclops really came unto his own.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dangallant984

@chasereis: really? not when he quit the X-men to get some time to himself and wound up fighting a giant octopus in the Bermuda Triangle? ahhahahaha! I'm kidding, no you're probably right.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By chasereis

@dangallant984: Well first of all Lee Forrester (at the time) was a worthy score. So bang hot blond on tropical beach but have to fight calamari? Good trade, bro. But UGH, she ended up with maggie-neeto. EEEWWWW....That would make me ashamed to say "hey I hit that".

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dangallant984

@chasereis: bwahahahaha! good show, old boy!

yin666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By yin666

There's also a lot of great Cyclops arcs during Claremont's run starting in the late 70s. There are stretches that are very Cyclops heavy, but a lot of threading is done for multiple story arcs in many of those books, so I would just start reading Giant-Size X-Men #1 =P

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By slimlim

For background and context, you might wanna try the original Dark Phoenix Saga. While not really a Cyclops arc, the events did define a lot of what happens to him later on. The INFERNO story as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.