Cyclops was wrong.

• 116 results
#101 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops was right about the Phoenix giving people back their mutations.

Cyclops was wrong to take that risk.

So Cyclops was wrong.

#102 Posted by Kain (195 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984 said:

So Cyclops was wrong.

That logic is beyond moronic.

#103 Posted by Avenger85 (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops was wrong for not killing Scarlet Witch. He was also wrong for tolerating the Avengers' bullshit, and for helping them against Cable.

#104 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kain said:

@dangallant984 said:

So Cyclops was wrong.

really? I just mean that, while he was technically right, he was morally wrong, and therefore, in my opinion, he was ultimately wrong.

how is that comparable to being moronic?

#105 Posted by Avenger85 (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

And Cyclops sure as hell is wrong for NOT giving Beast a few optic blasts to the face in ANXM.

#106 Posted by lorex (958 posts) - - Show Bio

I will just say that outside of the Avengers the newly emerged mutants have been treated very poorly and Cyclops sees it as his mission to protect mutants. Given this new level of hostility from human authorities ans the sudden apperance of sentinels when a new mutant appears it is not surprising Cyclops has taken a more revolutionary attitude in his actions. As for who was right or wrong well I think everyone was partly at fault. The Avengers for interfering with the Phoenix force in the first place facilitating the creation of the Phoenix Five. Xavier for being arrogant enough to think he could influence anyone unter the influence of the Phoenix Force. Mostly I think the Marvel creative people are mostly at fault for the story that was AvX and the result.

#107 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4899 posts) - - Show Bio
Cyclops was Right. Get over it. (+)
#108 Posted by Kain (195 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984 said:

@Kain said:

@dangallant984 said:

So Cyclops was wrong.

really? I just mean that, while he was technically right, he was morally wrong, and therefore, in my opinion, he was ultimately wrong.

how is that comparable to being moronic?

Because regardless of the morals of the matter Cyclops was ultimately right. The phoenix did reignite the mutant race. Hell, Cyclops wasn't even morally wrong and even if he were he still came out being right at the end of it all.

#109 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984 said:

So Cyclops was wrong.

Cyclops wasn't wrong to take that risk. He would have been wrong not to take it given what he knew about the future of the mutant race.

#110 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kain said:

Because regardless of the morals of the matter Cyclops was ultimately right. The phoenix did reignite the mutant race. Hell, Cyclops wasn't even morally wrong and even if he were he still came out being right at the end of it all.

@John Valentine said:

Cyclops wasn't wrong to take that risk. He would have been wrong not to take it given what he knew about the future of the mutant race.

The people who might have died if Hope couldn't have controlled the Phoenix force might not think that it was his choice to make. The people who are now mutants because of the risk he took might not think that it was his choice to make. Most other mutants, even, did not think that it was his choice to make.

Cyclops played dice with the fate of the planet; that he won doesn't mean he had the right to play with everybody else's money.

It might make him super bad-ass and hard-core dedicated that he didn't let that stop him (actually, it totally does), but that still didn't make it his decision to make. Don't get me wrong, I love Cyclops, and I do appreciate that he was willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for what he believes in; that is truly heroic. And I'm really glad he's played the part that he has in recent events, because, at the end of the day, it just really does make for a better story, but that still doesn't justify what he did, morally.

#111 Posted by Kain (195 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984 said:

@Kain said:

@John Valentine said:

The people who might have died if Hope couldn't have controlled the Phoenix force might not think that it was his choice to make. The people who are now mutants because of the risk he took might not think that it was his choice to make. Most other mutants, even, did not think that it was his choice to make.

Cyclops played dice with the fate of the planet; that he won doesn't mean he had the right to play with everybody else's money.

It might make him super bad-ass and hard-core dedicated that he didn't let that stop him (actually, it totally does), but that still didn't make it his decision to make. Don't get me wrong, I love Cyclops, and I do appreciate that he was willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for what he believes in; that is truly heroic. And I'm really glad he's played the part that he has in recent events, because, at the end of the day, it just really does make for a better story, but that still doesn't justify what he did, morally.

Not his decision to make? Last I checked it wasn't his decision, it was the Phoenix that came back and did all of that and would have done so with or without Cyclops being involved. Cyclops has forced nothing on anyone, the phoenix restored the natural order of things and, again, would have done so with or without him being there as the Avengers showed that had zero way of stopping it.

Cyclops didn't play dice with anyone or anything, he knew what the phoenix was there to do from the beginning since he knows the phoenix better than most. He wasn't taking a risk, he wasn't playing with lives he knew the phoenix was not there to harm anyone. Just to fix the mess the Scarlet Witch made.

#112 Posted by havoc1201 (522 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenger85 said:

Cyclops was wrong for not killing Scarlet Witch. He was also wrong for tolerating the Avengers' bullshit, and for helping them against Cable.

this scarlet witch committed genocide on her own people and the Avengers protected her saying she was mentally ill Scott kills Xavier while possessed by the phoneix force and he is a murderer Jean Grey killed millions of people and countless star systems when she was phenoix but that wasnt her, people are mad at scott bc he did what was neccassary for his people to live. He was right and he is still right and F the Avengers for sticking the noise in the mutant affairs whenever the mutants needed help where were the Avengers ...not helping bc the dont care about the mutants.

#113 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kain: I disagree.

#114 Posted by guardiandevil (38 posts) - - Show Bio

@havoc1201: I still don't get it when other characters are possessed i.e. Daredevil, Xavier, Wolverine, Scarlet Witch, etc. that everything is fine and dandy, but when Cyclops becomes possessed the whole world turns upside down. Marvel needs serious re-evaluating of their characters and how they write them.

#115 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15127 posts) - - Show Bio

This is still going on?

#116 Posted by darthphoenix (980 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops was RIGHT!:

The phoenix was to bring back the mutant race.

Cyclops was wrong in:

not beating the hell out of the avengers, he was already dark phoenix. duh!

PS.

The whole event was WRONG. there were definitely lots of loopholes in it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.