Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11232 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

Cyclops Was Right! Long Live The Real Mutant Messiah! (AvX#12)

• 79 results
    DDDDDDD_BB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By DDDDDDD_BB

@Mutant God: You sir/madam may have just won the internet this day.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By John Valentine

@antemiusenteri said:

@John Valentine: no his not his just a guy with a hug huge huge ego ,i wonder how his going to get along without anyone to boss around

His just a hug what?

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#53  Edited By Magian

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

@Mutant God:I don't think it was Angel. Her body and wings looked like crystal or stone, and she had blue hair and a schoolgirl uniform.

Do you happen to have any pics of the new mutants? Just curious?

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By LeeSensei

@maki0129 said:

@TheCrowbar said:

@maki0129 said:

Is that such a bad thing?

I mean, he cheated on Jean, stuck two underage girls into a wetworks squad, unconstitutionally founded his own country, sheltered a known terrorist and mutant supremacist in that country, declared every citizen of that country a member of a mutant army, went batshit insane with power to a point that was too much for even WOLVERINE... Is this REALLY where we're gonna draw the line folks?

Cyclops has been sliding down the idealism vs cyncism scale for a LOOOOONG while now... it's disingenous to pretend it's AvX that made him look like a complete jerkass. He's been nothing short of a complete jerkass for the last few years.

No one is saying he's not a cynic or cold. We're saying he was right.

Well, I'm saying he still deserves to go to jail.

Then you're wrong.

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

@ComicMan24:Here's a thread with some pics of the new mutants. http://www.comicvine.com/x-men/65-3173/the-x-men-are-about-to-have-a-lot-of-new-recruits-spoilers/92-698418/?

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#56  Edited By Magian

@JoseDRiveraTCR7: Cool, thanks :)

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#57  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator  Online

@ScollSweges: It's not Cyclops getting lobotomized, it is Avalanche.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By John Valentine

So glad it's Avalanche and not Cyclops. Still, he's a pretty old character, decent amount of history just to be wasted for the shock value in an opening issue.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By redwingx

stupid marvel

csguterres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By csguterres

@lorex: @xeon1cs: @JoseDRiveraTCR7:

Captain America and Wolverine are hypocrites.

Wolverine was possessed like a billion times. He killed Northstar, amongst many others. (yes, he is alive now, but I am sure old Charles will be back soon as well). He didn't go to jail. Nobody blamed him.

Cyclops was possessed by the Phoenix and, even though, he did everything fine. Captain America attacked him over and over again, and still Cyclops didn't kill him. So, in the end, Cap finally got what he wanted - he made Cyke lose control. Steve is the one to blame for Charles' death.

Cyclops is my new favorite Marvel character. Villain or Hero - doesn't matter.

No Caption Provided
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#61  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator  Online

@John Valentine said:

So glad it's Avalanche and not Cyclops. Still, he's a pretty old character, decent amount of history just to be wasted for the shock value in an opening issue.

It's ok though, the dialogue in the previews so far look terrible. I have low expectations for this book.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Crash_Recovery

@csguterres: You know who doesn't come back? All of the civilians killed by these idiot's actions.

You don't mess with a cosmic firebird that blew up a planet on its way to your house.

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By slimlim

Harsh. I agree with all you guys about the double standards of Captain America & Wolverine.

I mean seriously Cap... the hypocrisy!

"You waged a war that set friend against friend"?

Perhaps he forgot a little Marvel event called CIVIL WAR???

I'm interested to see what they will do with Cyclops now. Will they give him redemption eventually? or is this the status quo for now?

Cyclops is the new Magneto and Wolverine the new Prof X.

Seriously Marvel??? WOLVERINE? Mr Stabby-stabby?

I think they're gonna make Cyclops in to some Mutant Revolutionary for now. Chances are Magneto busts him outta jail, and the Extinction Team become the new X-Force. More in spirit than name. Can't have three X-Force teams out there now can we?

Avengers messed this whole thing up. Swept their culpability under the carpet. Blamed it all on Cyke.

But whatever happens... at the end of the day...

No Caption Provided
    slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By slimlim

oh btw... that "containment visor" they have on him in Uncanny #19... That doesnt look so secure. You would think that having Stark, Pym and the Beast on Avengers payroll, they might have thought of something better. If he can raise his arms, he can easily remove that thing. No surprise then that he's gonna bust outta there real soon. :p Avengers are idiots.

No Caption Provided
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

I made a thread discussing some of the problems I think hindered AvX. Read and comment if you please.

http://www.comicvine.com/avengers-vs-x-men/39-56674/the-top-3-problems-with-avengers-vs-x-men/92-698646/

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#66  Edited By McKlayn

@JoseDRiveraTCR7: wait wait What is ANXM? Astonishing? Cause whatever it is i need to make sure to pick it up

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By McKlayn

Also i don't mind him being a misunderstood hero, or villain or whatever as long as they put him in a book and dont make him randomly pop up like they do most villains this is too good of a story to just bring in every few months or years,

Also i forgot who said it but after the last few years in the X men with him making utopia and actually growing into a man and not being the confused boy who didn't know what to do without Professor X their to hold his hand, Cyclops has become my favorite Character this only helps the debate lol CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT LONG LIVE THE TRUE MESSIAH!!

JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

@McKlayn: It's All New X-Men, te name of the title Bendis is writing.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Sufferthorn

@slimlim said:

Harsh. I agree with all you guys about the double standards of Captain America & Wolverine.

Are you really saying the Civil War was Captain America's doing? Did you pay attention at all?

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By slimlim

@Sufferthorn said:

@slimlim said:

Are you really saying the Civil War was Captain America's doing? Did you pay attention at all?

Chillax dude. nobody said anything about Civil War being Cap's doing. We all know that its Stark who started the ball rolling. Cap may not be solely at fault, but he was heavily involved in pitting his band of heroes against Stark's. Without Cap, would the unregistered heroes even have rallied together? it was because of Cap and the influence he holds. ANd RIGHT OR WRONG, he did take sides against people he considered his friends. What Cap did was a reaction to Stark's actions, just as Cyclops reacted to Cap's in AvX.

Speaking of AVX, Cap is just as much to blame for the clash between both sides. Sure, Cyke "shot" first, but not before Cap turned up on Utopia demanding Hope. Not only that, but he led the Avengers to storm Utopia, punch at least one X-teen in the gut (well Thor did anyway), and make a grab for Hope. So you can't say he didnt have a hand in waging this war.

so yes i paid attention. perhaps you should too when responding to posts.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By JonSmith

@slimlim said:

oh btw... that "containment visor" they have on him in Uncanny #19... That doesnt look so secure. You would think that having Stark, Pym and the Beast on Avengers payroll, they might have thought of something better. If he can raise his arms, he can easily remove that thing. No surprise then that he's gonna bust outta there real soon. :p Avengers are idiots.

No Caption Provided

... I fail to see how that faceplate think is more secure than his visor. Let's think about this:

IF HE REMOVES HIS VISOR, THEN HIS EYEBEAMS WILL BLAST EVERYTHING! PUT A FACEPLATE OVER IT AND HE CAN'T!

... But in order to remove the visor, he'd have to have his hands free. Meaning all he'd have to do now is slide that one band over his head to remove the faceplate, THEN the visor.

On topic: I am continuing my belief that either AvX didn't happen, or a bunch of Skrulls came down and impersonated all the characters in the event, failing horribly on the acting.

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By xeon1cs

I seem to recall practically every hero turning to Cyclops during House of M when Captain America wasn't there. It's funny, to think how respected he is/was throughout the hero community, only to have nearly everyone he loved/knew betray him.

Marvel has really been dropping the ball lately when it comes to staying true to events already apart of continuity.

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By slimlim

@JonSmith: Heh. sorry. my bad. i WAS referring to the "faceplate". laughable.

sgu823

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By sgu823
    No Caption Provided

"We take care of our own"

Isn't that essentially what Cyclops was doing during Avx? Seriously, I don't care how much hate Cyke gets or how badly Marvel tries to portray him. He's always done (or at least tried to do) the right thing.

Also someone needs to make a T-shirt out of this:

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By McKlayn

@SGU823 said:

No Caption Provided

"We take care of our own"

Isn't that essentially what Cyclops was doing during Avx? Seriously, I don't care how much hate Cyke gets or how badly Marvel tries to portray him. He's always done (or at least tried to do) the right thing.

Also someone needs to make a T-shirt out of this:

I second the T shirt Notion, i would so buy one just saying

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By acer51

Cyclops was wrong in many of hi actions. But the Avenger were such A-holes about the situation that it makes you want to root for team Cyclops. It was in my oppinion a very bad idea for Cyclops to TRY to have the phoniex enter Hope, after that when he got his phoniex power you can't judge him completley for his sins as a Phoniex avatar. But the fact he is unrepentant and he would do it again means he IS guilty for those crimes and should be treated as such. The Avengers and Captain america, who led the charge for the Avenger during all of this behaived in a corrupt manner before and partialy after the event, Captain America admited he was wrong to an extent, but the hypocricy was visable and was disgusting to look at, my oppinion of the Captain lowered, but it's no big deal as long as he dosn't start making alot of desicion the way he's been doing it latley.

Cyclops was right that the Phoniex would bring back mutants I admit this much, but Cyclops sacraficed too much, he doe deserve to be in prison for what he has done.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#77  Edited By Teerack

I got bored and I made this in illustrator...

Maybe I'll have a shirt made for myself :o

No Caption Provided
    Black_Robin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Black_Robin

You can't have the mutants that Cap actually claims...... But dying in sewers is cool if you're not one of his and so is coming to sovereign nations and trying to demand grandaughter's of that island's leader.

tx12100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America is the real bad guy. Not only a bad Guy but a douche, Now that he's a withering Old Man, he lost everything not only the Super SOldier Serum, but his Shield. Steve Rogers was already being a jerk during Avengers: Children's Crusade when The X Men Wanted to Kill THe Scarlet Witch. But Cap still defended her, making the situation more worse. He wants people to see The Avengers can still save the world, and where did that lead? Deaths, that's what it lead. Then, When the Phoenix Force Came back for Hope, since when Did the Avengers started getting involved. THe X Men have dealt with that many times over the years. Besides, how can you place Hope in Protective Custody? Does Cap think a solid steel is gonna stop the Phoenix Force? No, it will still come and crush anyone that gets in it's way. Another thing, Iron Man Also screwed up, you can't kill a Cosmic entity with Science or magic. What I Love about the X Men is that, they can save the day without causing more damage unlike The Avengers. So All I can say is, Cyclops was right and Captain America was wrong.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
    deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

He was right.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.