Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11232 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

Cyclops vilified or merced after AvX (poll)

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

So we have various threads with him and his redemption and others thinking he will die or be vilified. So I decided to make a poll and get a general consensus on what everyone thinks. I'm not asking for reasons in this thread so it isn't a copy, it is simply a poll.

Yes: As in Cyclops gets killed or becomes a new villain to the MU. (Magneto-esque)

No: As in he remains alive and still is a good guy at heart. Even if there is uneasy feelings. Like Tony Stark after Civil War.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By dernman

Third options man. Third options. :p

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Dernman: I could have posted an option C with nothing in it then see the flood of cliched people going hmm, tough, option C.

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Hareil0079

I think he'll be given mercy, even though I don't believe he deserves it, he needs to go on a redemption quest at some point

gambit75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gambit75

Option C - Cyclops is right

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By oraclefyre

They will give him mercy. They'll make Cyke no longer leader of the X-Men and have a bit of a loss of faith afterwards. He's relationship with Emma is kind of breaking down so I think the guy will do a bit of soul searching on the possible mission of his. That's what I think will happen.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#8  Edited By Teerack

So am i the only one that see that the question isn't a yes or no question? xD

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Teerack:

Cyclops vilified after or merced AvX?

Will he be a villain or killed?

Yes or No?

Seems like a yes or no question to me and to everyone else that has answered sooo yeah, you're the only one whose head it has flown over.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Teerack

@god_spawn: "Cyclops vilified or merced after avx"

Yes could mean yes he will be a villain or yes he will be killed. No could mean he's not going to be a villain and no could mean no he's not going to be killed.

If you seriously think "will cyclops be a villain or killed" is a yes or no question, just wow lol.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Osian2

@Teerack said:

@god_spawn: "Cyclops vilified or merced after avx"

Yes could mean yes he will be a villain or yes he will be killed. No could mean he's not going to be a villain and no could mean no he's not going to be killed.

If you seriously think "will cyclops be a villain or killed" is a yes or no question, just wow lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to have to go with villified in some manner, just look at the aftermath when other characters were put through a similar event (Iron Man, Prof X, etc). It seems to be a continuing trend and I see no reason as of now that it will change. Cyclops will be humbled in some manner for a time and then the writers will come up with a reason why it really is not all his fault and/or a way to sympathize him.

The Architects seem unable to make any leader not look terrible to further their events, sadly it's just Scotty's turn through the wringer

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Teerack: Yes as in will he be a villain or killed. Or no as in neither, he stays the same. Sorry it's not specific enough for you but like I said, no one else hasn't had a problem with it except you. But hey if that's a problem, then wow lol.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Teerack

@god_spawn: I didn't have a problem. the fact is that the question is not a yes or no question. That is a fact not an opinion and not something you can argue. I'm sorry you're wrong.

Maybe if you took the time to read the posts in your thread you'd notice that no one is saying yes or no in their post, but just simply explaining their opinions, almost as if the poll options don't matter.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By fodigg

What does "merced" mean? And why are the answers "yes/no" when the question seems to be asking "vilified/merced"?

I think it's clear that Scott is being vilified. They've been foreshadowing it for so long that I kind of wish they hadn't done it because it seemed so obvious. But, I guess they need a villain and all the big villains are on the X-Men now so we need to re-tread Civil War until Bendis retires.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@fodigg: Merced means killed. I'll edit the OP to make it more clear to everybody then. Yes as in Cyclops will die or become a villain. Or no, as in neither and will remain still a good guy despite a shaky ground. Whether you feel like being vilified includes uneasy feelings towards him by other heroes then that is up to you.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

hoping on A

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By fodigg

I don't think Scott will be killed. Well, unless he's going to be replaced by the O5 version like Jean is.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By jrock85

@fodigg said:

I don't think Scott will be killed. Well, unless he's going to be replaced by the O5 version like Jean is.

I have a sneaky suspicion that that's exactly what they're going to do to him, and that would be a colossal mistake on their part.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@jrock85 said:

@fodigg said:

I have a sneaky suspicion that that's exactly what they're going to do to him, and that would be a colossal mistake on their part.

ApatheticAvenger laid out a pretty good case to me that they probably wouldn't, I just wish I could find it. Jean I can see being replaced since their is a possibility of losing a major character in Hope. And they will still have current Angel, IceMan and Beast around so it's not like these new guys are essentially replacements.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jrock85

@god_spawn: I just don't see the point in having both incarnations in the same universe. I mean, how are the O5 going to operate in the 616 Marvel U?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@jrock85: I have no idea tbh. They come to 616 and don't like what they see or something and then shenanigans ensue. That's all I know for now.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jrock85

@god_spawn: Well, back to Cyclops, I think it would be kinda interesting to see him interact with his teenage self.

"Keep your head up, kid. One day you'll have hot telepathic chicks throwing themselves at your feet." =P

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@jrock85: More like a rainbow of telepathic girls.

"You will get it with redheads, blondes and even purple haired ninjas."

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jrock85

@god_spawn said:

@jrock85: More like a rainbow of telepathic girls.

"You will get it with redheads, blondes and even purple haired ninjas."

LOL

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@jrock85: The best part will be when Young Clops says adulthood will be awesome.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jrock85

@god_spawn said:

@jrock85: The best part will be when Young Clops says adulthood will be awesome.

That would be a priceless moment.

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Hareil0079

@Brazen_Intellect said:

I'm going to have to go with villified in some manner, just look at the aftermath when other characters were put through a similar event (Iron Man, Prof X, etc). It seems to be a continuing trend and I see no reason as of now that it will change. Cyclops will be humbled in some manner for a time and then the writers will come up with a reason why it really is not all his fault and/or a way to sympathize him.

The Architects seem unable to make any leader not look terrible to further their events, sadly it's just Scotty's turn through the wringer

Good point, but I've never seen scott show a bit of humility which I think he needs at this point as well.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By One_Eye

Well, seeing how's already on the advertisement of Marvel NOW! I know he isn't dying, however, I feel that he's going to surprise a lot of people by turning out to be a hero.

Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Aero_gt

@gambit75 said:

Option C - Cyclops is right

SEEMS LEGIT._3_

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31  Edited By BatteredArmor

I'm no optimist but the Marvel NOW! posters seem to suggest his survival and continued if not increased prominence within the Marvel universe. So against my instincts I gotta say B.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By One_Eye

@One_Eye said:

Well, seeing how's already on the advertisement of Marvel NOW! I know he isn't dying, however, I feel that he's going to surprise a lot of people by turning out to be a hero.

Or rather I should say that he's already proven himself a hero and those who feel differently are just going to have to deal with the fact that he's getting results.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By One_Eye

@BlackArmor said:

I'm no optimist but the Marvel NOW! posters seem to suggest his survival and continued if not increased prominence within the Marvel universe. So against my instincts I gotta say B.

I feel the same way. Honestly, I feel that the only people who want to see Cykes usurped and humiliated just don't like him. If nothing else Scott's continued presence in the Marvel Universes after these Big Events just proves his staying power, popularity, and resourcefulness.

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By soduh2

@One_Eye said:

@One_Eye said:

Or rather I should say that he's already proven himself a hero and those who feel differently are just going to have to deal with the fact that he's getting results.

Didn't the infinite comic demonstrate his good intentions?

Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Imperius_Rex

Man Scott is always dumped on he deserves to go dark and thrash everyone up for at least a litte bit. But he will always be a hero, that is just who he is.

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's alive

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#37  Edited By soduh2

@Death Certificate said:

He's alive

Yay!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.