Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11232 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

Cyclops Supporters?

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By McKlayn

Cyclops is out of prison and back with his X-tinction crew (Magneto, Emma & Magik) on top of that he seems to have recruited two new mutants to his cause, all this appears to be shaping up in All New X men to have the story told in the new Uncanny X-men. It has also been told as if he isn’t a villain as much as just the same man who was willing to protect the mutant race with fear, do whatever it takes to be the hero his people need not exactly the one they want. This isn’t very different from the guy he was before AvX.

This brings up the question I want to ask, before AVX and even before he flipped out and went all dark phoenix on the avengers asses, many of the X men supported him and believed he was doing what was best, making the hard decisions that needed to be made. So my question is do you think any of the X men still stand by him after AvX, any of the people (regardless of if they join his team) support what he will be doing? Rachel? Nate? The New Mutants worked for him up till the very end, do they still agree with him? What about Cable and his X force team? Also what do you think his relationship with the School will be, in the note he left for Wolverine he said he supported the school and would do whatever was needed to protect it, so how do you think Wolverine, the students and the rest of the staff will feel about him and his team?

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I think that there will be very few if any direct supporters, but there may be some that sympathize with his direction and offer him support or help behind the scenes. No one can really associate with Scott and his crew in the open without risking being treated as an accomplice to both the past and future actions of the team. Any tangible ties between Cyclops and the school would be reason enough for the government to raze it to the ground.

As for who would back him and in what way, it's really hard to tell until we see exactly what he is planning on doing and how far he is willing to go to do it. As many terrible decisions and mistakes as he has made over the past 5 years there are still a lot of people who have served under him back when he was written better and still give him some benefit of the doubt.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By evilvegeta74

The Xmen will eventually follow up suit, those who are upset with Scott will eventually stand behind the one true Xmen leader. I feel like some future events will cause this. It would be a nice start to see Emma Frost back with the Hellfire club and Magneto back to his old ways to help set things in motion for Scott, bringing us back to the old days. I hope AOA Nightcrawler joins him, I'd love to go back to the good old Uncanny Xmen days and line up.

chocobojam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By chocobojam

I'm sure that eventually most of the mutants will support Scott and his x-men. even wolverine although not directly, will no doubt support Scott considering what he'll be doing for the sake of the mutant race. Cable and his x-force will surely support Scott since both of their team will be in the same kind of situation. And i also think that Scott will still be the man behind the existence of Psylocke and Storm X-force.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By SoA

when i saw cyclops (while in prison) communicate with magneto , and have it shown that magik and danger joined him, i was hoping for a new brotherhood led by cyclops , since that isn't the case , im indiffrent

ReadItNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By ReadItNow

I'm way more interested in uncanny x men, led by Cyclops than I am in all new x men. The characters in uncanny, have that history, of making the unpopular decisions to keep their convictions. That makes everything they do that more bas a$$.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7  Edited By x_29

Im sure that before the new x-men movie will be out, the x-men will get back together.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By John Valentine

@x_29 said:

Im sure that before the new x-men movie will be out, the x-men will get back together.

Probably not.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#9  Edited By McKlayn

@x_29: yea i doubt it, i mean the schism has been what? a Year already or at least close, i don't see it ending any time soon

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel has put way to much work in the breaking up of the X-Men and the integration with the Avengers to revert to the old status quo anytime soon. One day they will all come back together in a big event, but I would put the over/under at about 5 years.

imperial90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By imperial90

I don't think Cyke will have to much trouble finding supporters, basically any mutant that expects the government to try to screw their kind over would probably provide Cyke support in some form, which given the history of the US government in the MU when it comes to dealing with mutant-kind, should be quite a few mutants. They may not always offer it overtly, but I could see quite a few people acting like Agent Brand when it come's to assisting the E-team in their pursuits.

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Postacrat

If they continue to tread down the weak path for mutant salvation basically allowing the world to spit in their faces while the keep saying thank you more please, in a feeble attempt to live in harmony with a world that fears and hates them still they will come off as diluted fools to me. Who ever doesn't support cyclops in my eyes is a traitor to their race. Magneto and Cyclops may be extremists to similar extent, however Magneto was willing to mass murder humans in favor of mutant kind and that is the opposite of Cyclops. I'm glad he toughened up because for once I can like Cyclops, and I feel like he should be supported especially by his fellow X-men. I just do not like Wolverine in this whole thing, his morality is all over this place. As much as I love Logan I don't see how a mutant Berserk killer can suddenly be so morally sound and wise and judgmental when he's done far worse than Cyclops.

desmond006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By desmond006

I think more X men should have stayed with them, because they were right there with him when things went down i feel like they just switched sides at the very last minute when things got to hard (when the hulk showed up lol).

@Postacrat said:

I'm glad he toughened up because for once I can like Cyclops, and I feel like he should be supported especially by his fellow X-men. I just do not like Wolverine in this whole thing, his morality is all over this place. As much as I love Logan I don't see how a mutant Berserk killer can suddenly be so morally sound and wise and judgmental when he's done far worse than Cyclops.

I agree with this

DATNIGGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#14  Edited By DATNIGGA

@Postacrat said:

If they continue to tread down the weak path for mutant salvation basically allowing the world to spit in their faces while the keep saying thank you more please, in a feeble attempt to live in harmony with a world that fears and hates them still they will come off as diluted fools to me. Who ever doesn't support cyclops in my eyes is a traitor to their race. Magneto and Cyclops may be extremists to similar extent, however Magneto was willing to mass murder humans in favor of mutant kind and that is the opposite of Cyclops. I'm glad he toughened up because for once I can like Cyclops, and I feel like he should be supported especially by his fellow X-men. I just do not like Wolverine in this whole thing, his morality is all over this place. As much as I love Logan I don't see how a mutant Berserk killer can suddenly be so morally sound and wise and judgmental when he's done far worse than Cyclops.

I agree with this 100%

Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Aero_gt

This is a new age of X-men, no turning back now.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HushoftheWind
    No Caption Provided

im a believer Scott, lead the way.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

I'm not one. WOLVERINE ALL THE WAY!!!!

sw04ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sw04ca

Well, the government can't be too zealous about coming after Cyclops. They've been avoiding serious confrontations with Magneto for decades now (at least since Fatal Attractions), and I can't imagine why that would change just because he's fallen in with the leader of all mutantkind. When you're the most personally powerful man on Earth, you get a lot of leeway.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By One_Eye

@HushoftheWind said:

No Caption Provided

im a believer Scott, lead the way.

I second that sir.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By XsPectre28

Cyclops fights for the good of all mutants even though his methods arent up to par with everyone elses. wolverine as well but from different view points. Wolerine wants to Perserve the future of mutants by being the teacher while scott has become the motivation for mutants to rise up & take there place. MAJOR DIFFERENCE SCOTT DOESNT WANT TO & NOR DOES HE HAVE TO ANSWER TO ANYONE....... WOLVERINE IS UNDER SHIELD & AVENGERS.... WOLVERINE WAS NEVER 100% LOYAL TO XAVIER'S DREAM CYCLOPS REDEFINED THE DREAM!!!!!!!!! IVE JUMPED SHIP & UNTIL ORIGINAL 616 JEAN GREY COMES BACK & TELLS SCOTT HE IS WRONG IM TEAM CYCLOPS

Black_Robin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Black_Robin

Scott is and was right!

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Blood1991
    IllyanaRasputin (695 posts) See mini bioLevel 15

I don't see what Cyclops is doing wrong that Storm and the rest of the X-Men have to bother with him? New Mutants are populating around the globe. They're smarter than Wolverine and his School and are finding them before them and they're recruiting them, what seems to be the problem? I mean if it weren't for Cyclops and his team Eva would be in prison or worse dead, and that guy was getting interrogated because he saved someones life? Cyclops and his crew are just saving mutants - Wolverine and his team are just jealous they're doing it in style ;)

Posted 3 days, 23 hours ago
    Post by Blood1991 (5,668 posts) See mini bioLevel 20
    Online Now

@IllyanaRasputin said:

I don't see what Cyclops is doing wrong that Storm and the rest of the X-Men have to bother with him? New Mutants are populating around the globe. They're smarter than Wolverine and his School and are finding them before them and they're recruiting them, what seems to be the problem? I mean if it weren't for Cyclops and his team Eva would be in prison or worse dead, and that guy was getting interrogated because he saved someones life? Cyclops and his crew are just saving mutants - Wolverine and his team are just jealous they're doing it in style ;)

I disagree, it is dissolving any and all progress the X-men had made towards Xavier's dream. The whole thing is like reading a 70's X-Book starring the Brotherhood of Evil mutants. They are hurting people and when people get mad the school will be their target. I understand his side, but Malcom X was wrong and so is Scott now.

Post by IllyanaRasputin (695 posts) See mini bioLevel 15

@Blood1991: The school has always been a target. The school was a target way before Cyclops went all Brotherhood. And the Jean Grey School has gotten attacked on countless occasions. If anything Cyclops and his brotherhood and his new recruits will be the safe ones.

Post by Blood1991 (5,668 posts) See mini bioLevel 20
    Online Now

@IllyanaRasputin said:

@Blood1991: The school has always been a target. The school was a target way before Cyclops went all Brotherhood. And the Jean Grey School has gotten attacked on countless occasions. If anything Cyclops and his brotherhood and his new recruits will be the safe ones.

They will be the safe ones, when they are the ones committing crimes. Yes the school has been attacked, but humans were tolerating it even going inside. Hell a teacher applied. Now they are going to be even more threatened by them. So yes Scott is safe to make the others a target. It is just selfish and blind. He was never meant to see the fruit of his labor. None of the original X-men were or the Uncanny team. It takes generations to build equality and tolerance. People die, blood is split it is the way our world works, but we know we can achieve peace and understanding to a degree through promoting peace. I understand he wants to save them, but there are better ways, peaceful ways. With the Avengers teaming up with the X-Men to aid in the mutant struggle it doesn't have much purpose in my opinion.

Post by IllyanaRasputin (695 posts) See mini bioLevel 15

@Blood1991 said:

@IllyanaRasputin said:

They will be the safe ones, when they are the ones committing crimes. Yes the school has been attacked, but humans were tolerating it even going inside. Hell a teacher applied. Now they are going to be even more threatened by them. So yes Scott is safe to make the others a target. It is just selfish and blind. He was never meant to see the fruit of his labor. None of the original X-men were or the Uncanny team. It takes generations to build equality and tolerance. People die, blood is split it is the way our world works, but we know we can achieve peace and understanding to a degree through promoting peace. I understand he wants to save them, but there are better ways, peaceful ways. With the Avengers teaming up with the X-Men to aid in the mutant struggle it doesn't have much purpose in my opinion.

I personally feel as though Xavier's dream will never come true so why try? I mean I know Scott still has hope that's why he told his prison mate about Wolverine's school, but I mean realistically humans and mutants will never coexist. It's all about survival it's always been about survival. The school is a target within its self and will always be a target whether Cyclops keeps doing what he's doing or not. The Avengers and X-Men teaming up will only last for awhile. I mean realistically you saw what happened during Civil War, one screw up the blames all on Super Heroes and Mutants this time around. I see where you're thoughts are coming from but I'm team Cyclops and his Brotherhood, it's all about survival man, and as Magneto once said, peace was never an option.

Edited 3 days, 23 hours agoReply | Quote | Flag

Online Now

@IllyanaRasputin said:

@Blood1991 said:

@IllyanaRasputin said:

I personally feel as though Xavier's dream will never come true so why try? I mean I know Scott still has hope that's why he told his prison mate about Wolverine's school, but I mean realistically humans and mutants will never coexist. It's all about survival it's always been about survival. The school is a target within its self and will always be a target whether Cyclops keeps doing what he's doing or not. The Avengers and X-Men teaming up will only last for awhile. I mean realistically you saw what happened during Civil War, one screw up the blames all on Super Heroes and Mutants this time around. I see where your coming from but I'm team Cyclops and his Brotherhood - as Magneto once said, peace was never an option.

It took decades for Civil rights for African Americans and took Women centuries to be considered equals and this is still only in the eyes of some. Mutants were starting from nothing, it takes more time then what they have spent. I would personally rather die for what is right than live doing something I know is wrong. So I am on the Schools side as Xavier once said "Oppression is no excuse for vengeance -- for murder."

This is the argument for both sides in my opinion.

I hope it's cool I used our moral debate in another thread if not just ask me to delete it.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hank's unnecessary attack provoked yet another round of fighting. Afterward, Captain America charged Hank with reckless behavior, since innocent bystanders could have been killed.

why couldnt scott go on probation or something......

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By One_Eye

@XsPectre28 said:

Cyclops fights for the good of all mutants even though his methods arent up to par with everyone elses. wolverine as well but from different view points. Wolerine wants to Perserve the future of mutants by being the teacher while scott has become the motivation for mutants to rise up & take there place. MAJOR DIFFERENCE SCOTT DOESNT WANT TO & NOR DOES HE HAVE TO ANSWER TO ANYONE....... WOLVERINE IS UNDER SHIELD & AVENGERS.... WOLVERINE WAS NEVER 100% LOYAL TO XAVIER'S DREAM CYCLOPS REDEFINED THE DREAM!!!!!!!!! IVE JUMPED SHIP & UNTIL ORIGINAL 616 JEAN GREY COMES BACK & TELLS SCOTT HE IS WRONG IM TEAM CYCLOPS

Yeah, Scott not being tethered to the government and other super-based groups gives him a lot more freedom than any of the other stooges being coddled by Cpa. Anyways, if Age of Ultron is any inclination then all of the superhero community is about to receive a spanking that's long overdue.

Should be fun to watch! :p

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Bo88gdan

Cyclops supporter I AM !

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.