Cyclops Question.

#1 Posted by superboy14 (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I know, stupid name but I couldn't think of anything! Anyways, I was wondering if Scott can see when he doesn't have his glasses on and he is projecting the rays out of his eyes.

#2 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously? lol

#3 Posted by danhimself (22218 posts) - - Show Bio

it's really not that dumb of a question but I'm assuming that he can since technically his eyes are always blasting but his glasses block the beams

#4 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

Course he can see. The visor just controls the output of energy but doesn't affect his sight....though I kinda wish they'd have him be colorblind because of the glasses. I guess these days they'd say the glasses or visor compensates.

#5 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
" Course he can see. The visor just controls the output of energy but doesn't affect his sight....though I kinda wish they'd have him be colorblind because of the glasses. I guess these days they'd say the glasses or visor compensates. "
I thought they've shown that he sees everything in the same red hue of his optic blasts. I recall a few scenes that were from Cyke's POV where everything was ruby colored.
#6 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio

You would think he could learn to control it by now or just have some sort of psychic block put in his mind. But I guess his visor is iconic now and changing it would ruin his character. lol
#7 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio
@riri4life said:
" You would think he could learn to control it by now or just have some sort of psychic block put in his mind. But I guess his visor is iconic now and changing it would ruin his character. lol "
When he jumped out of that plane with Alex when he was young the impact damaged the part of his brain that would have allowed him to control it. So he will never be able to.  
#8 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin said:
" @riri4life said:
" You would think he could learn to control it by now or just have some sort of psychic block put in his mind. But I guess his visor is iconic now and changing it would ruin his character. lol "
When he jumped out of that plane with Alex when he was young the impact damaged the part of his brain that would have allowed him to control it. So he will never be able to.   "
last i heard it wasn't physical it was mental blocks that stopped hi controling his powers.
#9 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK said:
" @Green Skin said:
" @riri4life said:
" You would think he could learn to control it by now or just have some sort of psychic block put in his mind. But I guess his visor is iconic now and changing it would ruin his character. lol "
When he jumped out of that plane with Alex when he was young the impact damaged the part of his brain that would have allowed him to control it. So he will never be able to.   "
last i heard it wasn't physical it was mental blocks that stopped hi controling his powers. "
Your talking about the Whedon run right?  Didn't that completely shut off his power when Emma lifted the mental blocks though? 
#10 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin:  I didn't read it, but i thought that his power was severely decreased but thst he still had them.
#11 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think he had them at all.  He had to use a gun after he took his visor off.

#12 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio

I know he used "emergency" ruby quarts contacts in New X-men. lol P.S. Can his daughter Ruby Summers control her blasts? If not, are her glasses made of ruby quarts too?
#13 Posted by superboy14 (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, you would assume he could see but then its kinda weird when you have beams shooting out of your eyes.

#14 Posted by kerukun878 (373 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember a POV of Scott, Jean in his head, in X-men First Class and he said he saw blue.

#15 Posted by johnnie619 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

the blasts are always always 24/7 going he can see with or without his glasses

#16 Posted by zero man (237 posts) - - Show Bio

yup wat episode was this

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.