Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11209 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

Cyclops POV

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By karrob

Am I the only one who actually understands Cyclops POV about mutants? I admit that it is strange that he has become a amalgam of Xavier & Magneto's dream but he has lead his people through the roughest time in there history.

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Hareil0079

No your not the only one, I love the X-men, and in this war I want the X-men to win but I just don't/didn't agree with certain decisions scott has made over the years. Regardless he's still the best person to lead the X-men in this era and age.

After reading AvX#5 I think the X-men are gonna lose BIG and I know I'm not gonna like it either. (it's gonna set the goal of the X-men back to square one)

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Osian2

Scotts approach to co-existence is more realistic than both xaviers and magneto's. Under xavier human never became more accepting of Mutants even though the x-men saved the world numerous times. Magneto just made things worse by making humans fear them. But Scott has not only made humans fear them but also managed to gain their respect just look how San Francisco has accepted them. Some argue that Scott has made bad decisions but times have never been worse for the x-men. M-Day, Messiah Complex (School destroyed), Secret Invasion (Skrulls invaded San Francisco), Osborns Dark Avengers/X-men assault Utopia, Vampire army attacks utopia, Worthy Juggernaut marches toward utopia (San Francisco sells the x-men out for their own safety), Necrosha (Undead army full of friends and villains) and of course Second Coming (Army of Nimrod Sentinels, Purifiers attack Utopia). Maybe Scott has become more militaristic but if an army was attacking my home every other week he's the guy I'd want in charge that's for sure.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

If you've read through any of the Cyclops threads as of late on his board you would find out the answer is no, you're not alone.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By One_Eye

@Osian2 said:

Scotts approach to co-existence is more realistic than both xaviers and magneto's. Under xavier human never became more accepting of Mutants even though the x-men saved the world numerous times. Magneto just made things worse by making humans fear them. But Scott has not only made humans fear them but also managed to gain their respect just look how San Francisco has accepted them. Some argue that Scott has made bad decisions but times have never been worse for the x-men. M-Day, Messiah Complex (School destroyed), Secret Invasion (Skrulls invaded San Francisco), Osborns Dark Avengers/X-men assault Utopia, Vampire army attacks utopia, Worthy Juggernaut marches toward utopia (San Francisco sells the x-men out for their own safety), Necrosha (Undead army full of friends and villains) and of course Second Coming (Army of Nimrod Sentinels, Purifiers attack Utopia). Maybe Scott has become more militaristic but if an army was attacking my home every other week he's the guy I'd want in charge that's for sure.

@karrob: Exactly! If nothing else then man has been getting results. To me a lot of the hate that Cykes receives in mostly due in part to people just not liking the character,however, if one look at everything that's happening with an objective view then it's plain to see that his approach is indeed the best. He's been able to hold down the fort when the Avenger's have disbanded while Norman was busy gooning, put Dracula in his place, gained the support of the Celestials', and is now playing host to one of the most powerful Forces of Nature within the Marvel Universe. How's that for a resume?:)

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By BatteredArmor
    No Caption Provided

@One_Eye said:

@Osian2 said:

@karrob: Exactly! If nothing else then man has been getting results. To me a lot of the hate that Cykes receives in mostly due in part to people just not liking the character,however, if one look at everything that's happening with an objective view then it's plain to see that his approach is indeed the best. He's been able to hold down the fort when the Avenger's have disbanded while Norman was busy gooning, put Dracula in his place, gained the support of the Celestials', and is now playing host to one of the most powerful Forces of Nature within the Marvel Universe. How's that for a resume?:)

Both of you couldn't be more correct

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Soulstealer

@god_spawn said:

If you've read through any of the Cyclops threads as of late on his board you would find out the answer is no, you're not alone.

This.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.