Cyclops' new ability query (This Will contain SPOILERS babeh)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (944 posts) - - Show Bio

HI!!! my first topic on Comicvine, pretty sweet ^_^. On point though.

After reading uncanny X-men #1, What exactly is Cyclops' new power?? I saw it... but didn't quiet understand. With his new powers though... is he able to butt rape heroes like Captain America now X/

Sorry if this is retarded.... i'm semi-retarded

#2 Posted by staphin (205 posts) - - Show Bio

can you post sacans

#3 Posted by Darksider555 (407 posts) - - Show Bio

here;the "so called lucky shot"

#4 Posted by CyberWarrior (1552 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool. Realy. Realy. Cool.

I think this ability will make him a realy deadly oponent for most heroes in close-range combat.

#5 Posted by Darksider555 (407 posts) - - Show Bio

@CyberWarrior: multi optic blasts!!!! Imagine if he could pierce hulks skin with his regular power level just think what he can do now!!!

#6 Posted by God_Spawn (38098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Darksider555 said:

@CyberWarrior: multi optic blasts!!!! Imagine if he could pierce hulks skin with his regular power level just think what he can do now!!!

I don't think it was multiple blasts. It was pretty clear it was one shot and in that blast it left him drained. The blast just went everywhere instead of being focused based of the destruction caused and statements from Magneto.

Moderator Online
#7 Posted by slimlim (266 posts) - - Show Bio

Currently, the impact of his blast seems to suggest it is omni-directional. however, in some other images, it seems to suggest that the power still travels as a single blast with swirling beams surrounding the main beam.

i daresay there is artistic license to the various interpretations of how his blasts work now. But i think there still is no definitive answer as to how his powers work. Not while his power remains "broken", as it is still unclear whether it is the form of the beam itself, the output level, or the loss control that has changed

#8 Posted by Darksider555 (407 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: true thats is what I meant to say but i didnt say it properly.Tnx god_spawn!

#9 Edited by Mr Marvel82 (121 posts) - - Show Bio

@Darksider555: I don't think is a "new power" at all. In New X-men No: 3 Cyclops said it was a lack of control of his powers similar to when he first learned to use his powers. This was supposedly due to his interaction with the Phoenix Force. Whereas a "new power" would be a win, this seems more like a "failure."

This was explained about 2 months ago. Has there been an update in Uncanny?

#10 Posted by God_Spawn (38098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr Marvel82:

This was explained about 2 months ago. Has there been an update in Uncanny?

Still a lack of control, not a new ability.

Moderator Online

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.