Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11232 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

Cyclops: Marvel Now costume. Yay, Nay, Meh??

DADDY_XERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By DADDY_XERO

He should keep his P5 costume. without the thong, and no hood. just the visor. defo not this thing

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
    Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

how about they cut the top of his hood, and make it look like havok's hood piece??? no? okay. Anyway, I've noticed that the summers brothers are getting weird costumes post AvX. WUHHHYYY

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#53  Edited By InnerVenom123

... I like it.

Including the x-shaped visor.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By dernman
    Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
    deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nay.

cuddles666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By cuddles666

I think the art makes it look worse than it really is. I like that they made it more iconic (because Cyclops has kind of eclipsed Wolvie as the frontman for the X-Men), but of course, this particular picture makes it look quite goofy indeed. I guess I'll just wait and see it in action. Thanks for the pic!

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
    venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Blood1991 said:

Soooo much Nay.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#58  Edited By jrock85

Eh, its okay.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By Rumble Man

Nineties want their design back

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By Night Thrasher

Nay

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#61  Edited By batkevin74

Did he get attacked by a Starro and people forgot to tell him that you can't keep outfits from inter-company crossovers? I say meh, yuck and no to Cyclops' new costume

VesKaGan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By VesKaGan

Nay! His head looks like an alien - urgh!

handsome_stud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By handsome_stud

i really like it actually

finally looks like a cyclops... can shoot a serious beam

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Something different for a bit I suppose, the Magneto red is an interesting choice.

Avatar image for fullmetalchobit
    FullmetalChobit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#65  Edited By FullmetalChobit

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

I'm fine with it. I mean, after all the terrible writing Cyclops has had over the past few years, people are complaining about his f*cking costume?

PRIORITIES

AGREED!

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Crimsonlord53

Nope looks stupid cykes viser has been "square" from the start keep it that way.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#67  Edited By x_29

that looks stupid

Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
    oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

Uhg I wish they would let his hair show. I hate that big piece of plastic on his head it looks gross.

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Madame_Mist

The costume is fine. The visor makes him look like he's doing a really sucky cosplay of Cyke.

duchess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#70  Edited By duchess

It's fine until you get to the head.

KNlGHTWlNG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By KNlGHTWlNG

@Duke_Nasty said:

Nay. I don't mind the red suit but the X shaped visor looks really bad.

This ^^

I just hope that they don't make him revert back to the boy scout. His character development into a military strategist has been fun and I like him better when he is put against certain problems that have what appear to be no win scenarios.

Avatar image for samuel_larson_10
    samuel_larson_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By samuel_larson_10

NAY NAY NAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By slimlim

Hmmm... i shall reserve judgement until we see the direction the character will be taken (provided thats still Scott under that hood).

My theory, its hard for him to go back to the way things were after whats been happening with AvX. Perhaps Cyke heads up X-Force after this. Notice Cable is in red too? Could be the Summers Sr and Jr form a new X-Force since Wolvie can't possibly be an Avenger, Uncanny Avenger, School Headmaster AND Assassin squad leader all at the same time... (or could he? ;p). And the reason he has that new helmet... well perhaps he needs to protect himself against Emma now, much like Magneto did against Xavier.

Again... its just a theory. And please, someone call Joss Whedon. The way they've been writing Cyke has been too one dimensional lately.

ripcurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By ripcurl

Anyone remember the blue and white uniform? They need to bring that shit back. Straight up gangsta!

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for beast_in_the_shadows
    Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I think the colors are fine. i always felt that with red optic blasts, the blue and gold didn't fit that much. However the x shaped visor makes no sense. It doesn't even cover any space where his eyes really are. The new shape also doesn't really make sense with his code name of "Cyclops"

Retro_Metro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#76  Edited By Retro_Metro

The way I see it....eh,I pictured it to be a removable changeable helmet (placed over his goggles for extra protection) that is only for this costume. It's seems ok for a temporarily arc like this one for me.

Avatar image for sleepbutnodream15
    Sleepbutnodream15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Cyclops leaves and/or gets kicked out of the X-Men for a while after AvX, bank on it. This costume will definitely take some getting used to. Fortunately, I'll have endless time to look at pics of it because I'm a big loser with no friends who commutes to college. Sob.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#78  Edited By TheCrowbar

I want them to make Cyke the one man X-force of the mutantdom, just going around killing threats to mutantkind all on his own.

Oh and the suit looks like a huge black condom.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#79  Edited By BatWatch

It's hideous and not functional. How is he supposed to see out of that thing?

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By WaveMotionCannon
    @JoseDRiveraTCR7

The helmet is really bad. I wish Cyclops would go back to when he didn't wear headgear.

This
    Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Crimsonlord53

The visor is a NO. The rest looks o.k.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#82  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Well Cyclops is most likely getting a new costume change thanks to the latest Axel in Charge.

On the visual side of things, part of this relaunch has been a ground up redesign for a lot of the characters. So far we've seennew designs on Cap from Jerome Opeña and John Cassadayand the final version of everyone in the initial image from Joe Quesada. How did that level of the relaunch get put together from design to final artists?
    Alonso: This is a huge move, and we wanted the look of the books to reflect it.
    That started with the artists. We wanted each to bring a new visual style to their book – Esad Ribic on “Thor: God of Thunder,” for example. We were also intrigued by artists drawing series that they hadn't before – John Romita, Jr. on “Captain America,” for example. Believe it or not, he’s never done a run on the solo series.
    That's what's exciting to me about Marvel NOW! Mark Bagley on “Fantastic Four”; Mike Allred on “FF” -- those guys bring such different things to the table, but they’re both able to capture both the subtle human moments and the incredible sci-fi backdrops that are essential to that title. I'm so excited to see Mike back in the fold with Marvel where he belongs. I missed him.
    As for the redesigns of some character’s costumes – it’s just one more sign that this is all-new. Once artists we lined up, we asked them to play a little with the costumes, contemporize them, add some personal touches.

What I'm getting from the quote is that Quesada mainly laid the groundwork and I guess the artists are free to do what they wish to the outfits to contemporize them. We have 2 Thor costumes with a new on the upcoming cover matching one of the other new ones. The new Iron Man cover shows the new armor Quesada and Cassaday drew but on Captain America's new series cover, Romita's Cap's wingtips appear to classic style instead of painted on the helmet with the rest of the armor looking more modern. Will that change on the inside of the series though? Possible, but plenty of covers show new outfits.

Also, there was another interview by Immonen or Bendis I think that the O5 will indeed receive new costumes but keep their original ones for most of the start of the series once it is out. So the poster could actually be pointing out a future costume for the O-clops. My only gripe about that is I would expect the teaser image to apply more towards the beginning of Marvel now than the future of it. Regardless, I really do like Immonen's work and I can't wait to see how he does the new costumes for the X-Men in general. And with the staff asking the artists to play with the costumes we may not even get the X-shaped visor for modern Cyclops, at least I'm hoping.

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheCrowbar said:

I want them to make Cyke the one man X-force of the mutantdom, just going around killing threats to mutantkind all on his own.

Oh and the suit looks like a huge black condom.

While I have many doubts about the actual possibility, the idea it self is pretty cool.

DazRacist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By DazRacist

@god_spawn said:

Well Cyclops is most likely getting a new costume change thanks to the latest Axel in Charge.

On the visual side of things, part of this relaunch has been a ground up redesign for a lot of the characters. So far we've seennew designs on Cap from Jerome Opeña and John Cassadayand the final version of everyone in the initial image from Joe Quesada. How did that level of the relaunch get put together from design to final artists?
    Alonso: This is a huge move, and we wanted the look of the books to reflect it.
    That started with the artists. We wanted each to bring a new visual style to their book – Esad Ribic on “Thor: God of Thunder,” for example. We were also intrigued by artists drawing series that they hadn't before – John Romita, Jr. on “Captain America,” for example. Believe it or not, he’s never done a run on the solo series.
    That's what's exciting to me about Marvel NOW! Mark Bagley on “Fantastic Four”; Mike Allred on “FF” -- those guys bring such different things to the table, but they’re both able to capture both the subtle human moments and the incredible sci-fi backdrops that are essential to that title. I'm so excited to see Mike back in the fold with Marvel where he belongs. I missed him.
    As for the redesigns of some character’s costumes – it’s just one more sign that this is all-new. Once artists we lined up, we asked them to play a little with the costumes, contemporize them, add some personal touches.

What I'm getting from the quote is that Quesada mainly laid the groundwork and I guess the artists are free to do what they wish to the outfits to contemporize them. We have 2 Thor costumes with a new on the upcoming cover matching one of the other new ones. The new Iron Man cover shows the new armor Quesada and Cassaday drew but on Captain America's new series cover, Romita's Cap's wingtips appear to classic style instead of painted on the helmet with the rest of the armor looking more modern. Will that change on the inside of the series though? Possible, but plenty of covers show new outfits.

Also, there was another interview by Immonen or Bendis I think that the O5 will indeed receive new costumes but keep their original ones for most of the start of the series once it is out. So the poster could actually be pointing out a future costume for the O-clops. My only gripe about that is I would expect the teaser image to apply more towards the beginning of Marvel now than the future of it. Regardless, I really do like Immonen's work and I can't wait to see how he does the new costumes for the X-Men in general. And with the staff asking the artists to play with the costumes we may not even get the X-shaped visor for modern Cyclops, at least I'm hoping.

I think this may actually be what happens. If you notice from the Marvel now teaser, Cyclops and Cable's costume seems to be similar to one another. May that be leading an all new X-Force. Keeping my fingers crossed because that would be awesome.

fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#85  Edited By fACEmelter88

Too much red...throw in some yellow, or while or blue (i like his old blue and white suit, visor was still yellow I believe). I dig the hood, cowl or whatever it is but still too much red...but until I see it in comic.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
    cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

#86  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

i like his uniform fine they way it ha been recently. i though "finally, he looks respectable" and now a change? boo-hoo, i say thee "NAY!"

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@cosmicallyaware1 said:

i like his uniform fine they way it ha been recently. i though "finally, he looks respectable" and now a change? boo-hoo, i say thee "NAY!"

The blue and gold body suit? He's had it for what, little over half of a decade? Cyclops has gone through a ridiculous amount of costume changes over the years, I'm surprised he has kept it this long lol. I'd prefer if they did actually, it's my favorite.

Avatar image for samuel_larson_10
    samuel_larson_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By samuel_larson_10

how does he see???

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@samuel_larson_10 said:

how does he see???

Like a cross-eyed monkey

I still like the change though

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By tomchu

I bet somewhere in Marvel Headquarters, someone made a bet on how stupid they can possibly made a character. The guy who designed Cyclops probably won.

Mr Marvel82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Mr Marvel82

I haven't liked any of cyke's costumes since new x-men. his astonishing/utopia costume was bland. the phoenix five costume was ok, but only coipel's art did it justice. add this one to the list of terrible costumes.

iSummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#92  Edited By iSummers

nice uniform but visor no comments....

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By One_Eye

@iSummers said:

Yeah,just change the color of the costume, give me a more traditional visor, and lose the friggin pouches..!>_<

Vermoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Vermoot

Cyclops, nay. PERIOD.

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
    GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#95  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

Nay on the helmet. I like the rest of it, but I really wish we can use the Basilisk mask from Age of X.

X-Men: Legacy #246
    X-Men: Legacy #246
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@One_Eye said:

@iSummers said:

Yeah,just change the color of the costume, give me a more traditional visor, and lose the friggin pouches..!>_<

They are actually wanting all the writers to tweak the uniforms to their liking. Quesada laid the ground work but Immonen is free to alter it to his desires. And I don't know what color the costume is so we may not get the X visor. The outfit looks red (duh) but that may just be the lighting from his optic blast making it potentially blue or black.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By PassionFlower

I'm giving it a nay, mainly for the helmet. Maybe he's wearing an "X" over his face like the scarlet letter.

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By slimlim

Cyke and Emma will be at odds with each other (provided they both survive AVX). The helmet is to protect himself like how magneto protects himself against Xavier.

That's my theory anyway. So if true, i see why they want to make it a helmet and not just a visor. However... the choice of a giant X for the blast lens... thats still very questionable. Perhaps it only glows like an X when he uses his power?

Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Imperius_Rex

Thanks for ruining my childhood hero marvel. It's a no for me. Obvicado. And if he dies I'll lose my sheet man!

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Joewell911

NAY, why....why

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.