Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11232 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

Cyclops Feats

• 75 results
    Arevish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Arevish

Can you post them?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The only I found.

Sorry for Bad english ^^

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Saren

This should be on the Cyclops forum.

Arevish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Arevish

@CitizenBane: Cyclops forum?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Or his respect thread under the conveniently titled feats and scans at the top of the battle forums

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
    venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@CitizenBane said:

This should be on the Cyclops forum.

This.

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Edgeworth_11

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
    Obtrusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Obtrusive

well... he can put on his pants by himself. for him that is a feat

doombolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By doombolt

tbh there is a lot about cyclops i dont like such as IMO boring personality and very 1 dimensional power.

but one thing i always liked about cyclops, is that whenever xmen get ambushed or whatever, if cyclops is around you know that 9/10 cyclops will immediately hit back with a powerful and accurate ranged attack. as member of team that is just always useful,

as a feat i guess he destroyed wolverine hand in AOA so at the very least his optic blast is powerful enough to break adamantium, so very very powerful indeed

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Billy Batson

not battle.
    BB

DrGannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DrGannon

His greatest feat was finding a beer bottle in Wolverine and the X-men. Otherwise he is worthless and should die.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @Obtrusive said:

well... he can put on his pants by himself. for him that is a feat

@DrGannon said:

His greatest feat was finding a beer bottle in Wolverine and the X-men. Otherwise he is worthless and should die.

lol u mad?
    Obtrusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Obtrusive

@TheCrowbar: I just don't like him much. That wolverine and the x men show made him be drunk and worthless almost all the time, and I enjoyed it, a lot. I don't think cyclops should be as good as some people say he is.

DrGannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DrGannon

The facts speak for themselves Cyclops = worthless drunk!

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @DrGannon said:

When was the last time Cyclops was shown drunk? Outside of a cartoon?  
    @Obtrusive

I agree that he's not the end all be all kind of character. But the character as he stand during the Utopia move and in schism is very intriguing and multilayered.
    One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By One_Eye

@DrGannon said:

When has Cyclops EVER been shown as a drunk? Seriously? I understand that you may not like the character but please present legitimate facts before just trolling.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By One_Eye

@TheCrowbar: What a surprise, more Cyclops hate. Just makes the fact that he's still leader all the better.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Valkaad

Cyclops is an awesome tactician and leader. His skill and intelligence are way overlooked as is his power.

Imagine you had his power and you could blast anything you can see. He is a force to be reckoned with.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By One_Eye

@lykopis said:

@TheCrowbar said:

@DrGannon said:

When was the last time Cyclops was shown drunk? Outside of a cartoon?
    @Obtrusive: I agree that he's not the end all be all kind of character. But the character as he stand during the Utopia move and in schism is very intriguing and multilayered.

Wasn't he drunk at the Hellfire Club just after his squabble with darling Jean? Fantomex and Wolverine dragged him off to infiltrate the World and such? (I think)

And by the way - Cyclops is a GOOD man, dammit! :)

Very true but thankfully he isn't a full-time drunkard as some of the earlier post suggest.

Personally, I believed that Cykes goes through a whirlwind of events. Despite the loss of TWO wives, a son, and now his original crew of friends and allies, he continues to persevere! But hey, haters gonna hate.

Obtrusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Obtrusive

@One_Eye:

im a hater, and I aprove of this message

But hey, haters gonna hate.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By One_Eye

@Obtrusive: Hey, it is what is, though.

madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By madrid_san

Cyclops FTW

Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Aero_gt

Pretty sure beating the x-men with broken ribs is a credible feat. He normally owns Logan, which is also a credible feat since the guy fights people like thing, colossus, and hulk. He's a way better leader than Charles, Storm, Magneto, and what wolverine is trying to be. Even with one power he's used it to it's peak and doesn't rely on it all the time. The guy knows Judo and Aikman, have a vast knowlegde of trigonometry, has studied the stats of all the other x-men and other people in the marvel universe. Scott doesn't even have to be out in the field since he can effectively set up a plan for a team to use and have them hop to it while multitasking with say serveral other missions, the fact that when he does go out in the field it just provides assurance of the completing of the mission and the welfare of the troops. Cyclops haters be learners today.^3^

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Aero_gt: You just basically stated any common knowledge on Cyclops and you can get all that from his wiki page :P

Cyclops haters be learners today.^3^

Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Aero_gt

^ Perhaps._3_

Avatar image for shamelesslysupportinaznballers
    Shamelesslysupportinaznballers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whats with the hate for Cyclops?? He's the mutant version of Cap. Why is it ok for Cap to be militant and whiny about Bucky sometimes while overseeing his people & doing what it takes to protect them but not Cyclops?

homeslice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By homeslice

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers:

I like both of them, and I may be mistaken here but cap has a surprising amount of haters himself imo and non comic fans especially tend to be fans of neither- especially where I'm from.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Aero_gt said:

^ Perhaps._3_

I think I have a scan for every one of those things you listed lol..

Avatar image for shamelesslysupportinaznballers
    Shamelesslysupportinaznballers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@homeslice: I guess there are a lot of Nazis among comic book readers too if they hate Cap!

homeslice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By homeslice

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers:

Lol, not nazis- just people who dislike characters with high morals and good character.

GRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By GRider

ok then they are retarded if not nazis

Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Aero_gt

@homeslice: Yeah it's sad the best characters are usually never given a big roles in media. The big guns will always sell like wolverine, hulk, Spiderman, now ironman, and even deadpool(I would say captain america, but he's not as big anymore just to people who originally liked him.). For Dc it's basically Batman and superman.(used to be flash, gl, ww, and aquaman with them, but times changed.) Marvel only makes movies/shows of their most grossing chars and Dc's only really good movies and shows are from batman old and new or like justice league featuring their top dogs supes and bats.@god_spawn: I dare you to try.

0xymoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By 0xymoron

@GRider: I find Cap to be a bit of a boring character. I'll agree with the other poster, I don't particularly fondle over characters with a high morals just because they usually feel that they are the higher power and that there way is the right way. Cyclops is no exception, I've never been attracted to Cyclops character for a lot of reason, which I won't get into, but he's a pretty one-dimensional character power wise, far as I'm concerned.

homeslice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By homeslice

@Aero_gt: I agree completely- there are tonnes of great characters that deserve to have their own animated and live-action series/movies and quality videogames. I wish cap would get a solo animated series and that cyke would get some more recognition in the xmen movies/series. I also think its about time flash and other heroes got an animated movie for the very least. I was glad that ww managed to get one. I love supe, bats, spidey and the xmen etc but they aren't the only characters... I feel lucky that supe, spidey and bats are in my top 5. too bad characters like cap, cyke and dd and in dc-the rest of the league- wont get as much recognition.

@GRider: haha indeed.

Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Aero_gt

@homeslice: I'm not a mega fan of Bats and supers, but I love to keep tabs on them and grew up with them. Same for Cap and Spiderman and to some extent the avengers. To me the animated movies do some characters a lot of justice. Dc has it's show cases and the wonder woman movie was pretty tight. The spectre, Captian Marvel, Johan hex, and Green Arrow showcases were good. Young justice surprises me everytime with their show, Cameos from the four gls of earth, Dr.Fate, queen bee, joker, lex luthor, ra'as al ghul, Billy Batson, the brian, 4 ape villians i think unless gorilla Grodd wasn't there yet, the ice villians and so on, needless to say it's my fave dc show since justice league . Now marvel on the other hand should do more animated movies and shows that don't suck . Wolverine and the x-men was interesting ofcourse it's mainly about old edward scissorhands, but I liked the diffent type of cyclops, Jean grey was only in there for the beginning and end (+ for me), emma frost finally got some decent screentime, polaris was there, and It had a diffent direction than just the usual arcs.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Aero_gt: Alrighty then, so first off I'll just clear out the most common fact that yeah he is a great leader and has saved the mutant from extinction and if anyone has picked up an x-men comic over the course of the last few years you would understand that so I won't post any scans of that.

Even with one power he's used it to it's peak and doesn't rely on it all the time. The guy knows Judo and Aikman

I have the scans all separate but I don't want to click on all them so this will suffice.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

have a vast knowlegde of trigonometry,

No Caption Provided

sinks a pool table in one shot.

has studied the stats of all the other x-men and other people in the marvel universe

The universe bit is pushing it, but he does know his team inside and out.

No Caption Provided

Scott doesn't even have to be out in the field since he can effectively set up a plan for a team to use and have them hop to it while multitasking with say serveral other missions,

I do have scans that Scott is always analyzing and he does come up with plans on the fly like before he dealt with his own team transitioning from person to person. Scott has a lot of planning feats.

I do have more scans of his trigonometric ability, fighting ability, accuracy, destructive powers. The whole deal.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BatteredArmor

@god_spawn: Great scans there really aren't enough about his martial arts abilitys let alone sowrdsmanship

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@BlackArmor: Thanks and I totally agree, aside from tossing around the X-men which I understand cause of his prediction ability when taking on his team is stellar, he's taken on thugs and disarmed a gunman in uncanny before the relaunch in fear itself which is basic street level 101. If he makes such a bold statement as to being the premiere super hero team he wants to be, I'd like some more h2h abilities from him at least on Moon Knight's level. The sword is cool but a bit unnecessary IMO though I wouldn't mind him carrying one with him but he doesn't need it.

Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Aero_gt

If he had a weapon it could be a sword, but not a big broadsword/ claymore or a cliche' katanna, something he can use with one hand because he still might wanna use his blasts if things get racy.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BatteredArmor

@god_spawn: Cycke with a sword does seem kinda weird but it's good to see he has the skill. i'd like to see cyke hold his own against a series martial artist even if he lost it would be saying alot

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Aero_gt: Woot woot, as long as Andy doesn't find out and beats me with a stick we should be ok.

@BlackArmor: And that's what I agree with, I mean the most he has done was tussled with Wolverine, but considering Wolverine held back in Schism or goes in like a dumba$$ on Scott, it doesn't say much in comparison to Wolverine. I'd like to see Scott train with someone like Cap. T'Challa or Daredevil or something. He does need more h2h feats since he just pulls one out every now and then.

homeslice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By homeslice

@Aero_gt: yeahh DCs animated movies are awesome. They really got the characters and I hope marvel could do the same. I really liked ultimate avengers but that was basically since it was the only animated appearance of cap in recent times. Young justice is great and i really appreciate all the cameos. Ultra humanite and malla I think were the ape characters I'm not sure if I'm forgetting any. The latest marvel series I really liked was spectacular spiderman tho it got cancelled. i never caught up on wolverine and the xmen since cyke was demoted lol but i I think i'll give it a try.

@god_spawn: training from those characters would really be great since I agree that he needs more hth feats. Cyke is rarely seen without the xmen tho and he doesn't have his own book so it might probably be a while before anything like this happens unfortunately.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BatteredArmor

@homeslice: Yeah Wolverine and the X-men wasn't really the place for Cycke fans Cyke had a random and stupid demotion and once again was placed in second stringer position. there is one really good episode where cyke goes rouge to take out sinister but they even ruined that at the end

homeslice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By homeslice

@BlackArmor:That's why i never bothered to watch it- I thought that I should heed the blatant demotion as a sign of things to come. I heard that a first class sequel is being written and i hope they find some way to include him and give him justice. btw do you remember the name of the episode u described where cyke goes rogue?

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BatteredArmor

@homeslice:

I wouldn't be suprised if he had a bit part in 2nd class but i doubt hollywood will give him justice you have to read the comics to see cyke for the great charecter he is and not enough people in show biz read comics, ironically they all want to make comic movies but apparently sitting down with a copy of uncanny X-men is beneath them. if cyke doesn't have to be sacrificed to make wolverine look good though he has a much larger chance of shining in whatever role he has

looked it up it was "eXcessive Force"

homeslice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By homeslice

@BlackArmor: great, thanks alot man.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BatteredArmor
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Aero_gt

@homeslice: A little birdie also told me that x men the anime is out, but I have to witness this myself. As for cykes being a bigger part in the movies, he needs a known actor to play him and some screen time. It seems like in every movie he gets lamer, but not only him, but anyone that's not the main protagonist or a antagonist. Toad , Mystique, Mags, Pyro, Striker and new Sabretooth got pretty decent villian roles, heck even evil Jean grey got way more attention when she went bad. Cyce did get the worse end though out of the good guys, he gets beaten up in the first two, "dies" in the third, is a wimpy kid in the x-origins, and no where in first class if you don't count that minuscule cameo. Iceman had a good run, Storm was under powered and just eye candy to the viewers, Beast only got to be in the 3rd, nightcrawler only got to be in the second, rogue was insignificant, the professor got a few hits and misses, and colossus and Kitty didn't get enough screen time. Oh and i heard that sebastian shaw and emma frost got some justice in 1st class.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Aero_gt: The X-movies are to Cyke what Super Friends is to Aquaman

they make everyone who doesn't read the comic hate him

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.