Cyclops after schism

#1 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9568 posts) - - Show Bio

So we all know Schism will change the dynamics of the X-men in big ways. The only thing i'm really concerned with, however, is what happens with Scott.........I just hope Marvel doesnt screw up the best character they got.
Heres what I envision: 
- The Mutants lose faith in Scott as thier leader due to some event
- Scott leaves Utopia (most likely with Emma hopefully)
- He has his own solo book with him going on adventures and whatnot, something Ive dreamed of for a while (Emma could co-star)
- After a while he comes back to Utopia and forms his own sect of Xmen, away from the pack
 
Thats just a quick breakdown of what I want. What about you? Do you want Scott to be killed off? Become the absolute leader of all mutants? Or  What?

#2 Posted by spiderguylll (620 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Cyclops will be coming back to his 90s persona

#3 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops will be the biggest badass of em all cause he's gonna be doing something no one has done before (canonically).... Kill Wolverine!!!!  Make it happen Marvel!

#5 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9568 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelDust616
Really eh? I havent read the two preludes but I think it would be cool if Xavier or Magneto went with Scott while the other went with Logan
#6 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that the mutants will lose faith in him, he might go back to NY (but not directly there), redeem himself somewhere down the line, be the leader of a completely different group of mutants. 
 
Based on what we know, who do you think the mutants will brand as their leader once it's all said and done?

#8 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

he probably won't appear in a while

#9 Posted by nadral (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the most interesting outcome would be scott getting his own book and joining the avengers and wolverine leading the x-men.

#11 Posted by BlackPookie (640 posts) - - Show Bio

im just concerned with magneto.. 
ok.... and prof X... 
ive seen in a cover that magneto is behind cyclops... but what about prof X?  
i dont care bout scott or bub... just Max!!!!!!
#12 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelDust616 said:
@nadral: As cool as it would be to see Cyke as an Avenger, or have his own title, I can't imagine him doing anything but lead an X-Man team. It's been his calling since he was a teenager, and not to draw comparisons to a certain other mutant but he's pretty much the best there is at what he does.
I agree. I've always felt that it was his birthright more or less. There have been others who've stepped up to lead but at the end of the day it's Scott who endures the worst that the X-Men have faced. Even Prof. himself has stated that Cyclops is going to inherit the X-Men for lack of better words.
And surprisingly...I think Marvel is going to do right by him even with Schism. If this was a story that came out around the 90's era when anti-heroes were running rampant then I'd be truly concerned for Cykes, however, I feel that he'll be fine.
#14 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@nadral said:

I think the most interesting outcome would be scott getting his own book and joining the avengers and wolverine leading the x-men.

Interesting theory. I assume Wolverine would be quitting the Avengers if that would happen?
#15 Posted by BlackArmor (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Cyc will permantly scar wolverine for one thing 
I hope cyc gets a new power or trick like all of the other origional xmen 
i'd like to see some martial arts feets 
if he stay in utopia hell probably hunt the newly renegade wolverine with an x foarce like team 
if he looses and leaves utopia he'll probably have a cult following of ex xmen mabey get a series not a solo one but it would still be entitled cyclops if this happens he would probably have arelationship resembiling wolverine and jubilee this would help redeem him 
hope he gets a new costume 
either way i can see them developing his relationship with Hope 
probably get advice from good ol Cap America 
Probably reconcile with beast  
Get Emma Pregnant 
Probably fight wolverine atleast 3 more times over the course of the next year
#16 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

He should lead an X-Men team aimed at adult readers (with Emma, Magneto, Xavier and a few others) dealing with the pressures of keeping a dying species alive, while Wolverine and the X-Men should be the more mainstream comic and have the normal superhero adventures.

#17 Posted by treysome (93 posts) - - Show Bio

-x-men fallout
-cyclops loses an eye
-wolverine loses a claw
-emma is pregnant (though she's not sure who the father is)

#18 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@treysome said:
-x-men fallout -cyclops loses an eye -wolverine loses a claw -emma is pregnant (though she's not sure who the father is)
Haha, this made me laugh ^_^
 
Who are the possible fathers??
#19 Posted by treysome (93 posts) - - Show Bio

If they want real changes they shouldn't be afraid to toss characters around and really shake things up
 
emma is pregnant (though she's not sure who the father is) - It will be a mystery arc kinda like who shot Montgomery Burns in the Simpson

#20 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Cyclops will become an extreme isolationist. He'll be seen like Magneto ruling an asteroid or island nation.

#21 Posted by StarKiller809 (1238 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Marvel should definitely revamp him. I think he could be much better if he wasn't so complex. Keep some of the complexity but just tone it down to where he is confusing.

#22 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio
@StarKiller809 said:
I think Marvel should definitely revamp him. I think he could be much better if he wasn't so complex. Keep some of the complexity but just tone it down to where he is confusing.
I really don't find Cyclops all that complex or confusing these days, folk. I think that his current direction has been great (despite a few issues) and he should continue to be the heavy head that wears the crown. I was never a fan of Cyclops until recently when I came to truly respect and Identify the character. Now that Marvel's hinted that Scott may not be around post Schism I'm much less interested in reading Uncanny #1 if it doesn't feature him as leader. X-Men w/o Cyke/Storm leading in the field just isn't a a legit X-Men to me. Plus Greg Land/Dodson/Pacheco on art isn't exactly making me salivate. I think Gillen has a good handle on Cyke and I hope he keeps writing the guy after Schism, because once he's away from all of Fraction's Ishkabibble I'm sure he can tell some great stories with the character. 
#23 Posted by God_Spawn (37594 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini said:
@StarKiller809 said:
I think Marvel should definitely revamp him. I think he could be much better if he wasn't so complex. Keep some of the complexity but just tone it down to where he is confusing.
I really don't find Cyclops all that complex or confusing these days, folk. I think that his current direction has been great (despite a few issues) and he should continue to be the heavy head that wears the crown. I was never a fan of Cyclops until recently when I came to truly respect and Identify the character. Now that Marvel's hinted that Scott may not be around post Schism I'm much less interested in reading Uncanny #1 if it doesn't feature him as leader. X-Men w/o Cyke/Storm leading in the field just isn't a a legit X-Men to me. Plus Greg Land/Dodson/Pacheco on art isn't exactly making me salivate. I think Gillen has a good handle on Cyke and I hope he keeps writing the guy after Schism, because once he's away from all of Fraction's Ishkabibble I'm sure he can tell some great stories with the character. 
Amen brother, that's exactly how I feel on this. Cyclops is the X-men at this point.
Moderator
#24 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:
@JonesDeini said:
@StarKiller809 said:
I think Marvel should definitely revamp him. I think he could be much better if he wasn't so complex. Keep some of the complexity but just tone it down to where he is confusing.
I really don't find Cyclops all that complex or confusing these days, folk. I think that his current direction has been great (despite a few issues) and he should continue to be the heavy head that wears the crown. I was never a fan of Cyclops until recently when I came to truly respect and Identify the character. Now that Marvel's hinted that Scott may not be around post Schism I'm much less interested in reading Uncanny #1 if it doesn't feature him as leader. X-Men w/o Cyke/Storm leading in the field just isn't a a legit X-Men to me. Plus Greg Land/Dodson/Pacheco on art isn't exactly making me salivate. I think Gillen has a good handle on Cyke and I hope he keeps writing the guy after Schism, because once he's away from all of Fraction's Ishkabibble I'm sure he can tell some great stories with the character. 
Amen brother, that's exactly how I feel on this. Cyclops is the X-men at this point.
Word, I trust Gillen as a writer, but the more I hear about this the more I'm thinking Scott won't be around. Though this could be interesting, If Emma's in the lead I may reconsider my position as the X-Men stories have been solid in the past when Scott's not in the lead. But on the other hand I really do have event fatigue when it comes to X-Men, there internal stories can barely breathe in Uncanny before an X-Event/Marvel event throws off the flow. 
#25 Posted by God_Spawn (37594 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini: In an interview I read about schism, i posted in the schism boards here the writers of the event said they arent killing people and taking big players off the board and Scott is as big as it gets in term of X-men. Now anything could happen but coming from the authors of the event vs a vague rumor or hint I'm more inclined to believe the interview for now. His role might change drastically but I don't see him leaving the franchise as people are saying.
Moderator
#26 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn:  
True, I know that interview you're talking about, but lately they've been talking up the whole no Scott thing. And honestly with many of the decisions I've seen at Marvel I can more than believe they'd do something as retarded as taking Scott off the board. Marvel's editorial's all about the "controversy" sale, Brevoot's made that clear in many an interview. 
#27 Posted by Trodorne (2583 posts) - - Show Bio

I think from what they have hinted that scott might be killed. and their will be a division in leadership. it could be Emma for one team, and wolverine for another. or storm leading her own group.

#28 Posted by Markall (174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Trodorne: Where do you saw that scott might be killed??
#29 Posted by Trodorne (2583 posts) - - Show Bio

well we do get images of a cut visor from the schism preview. its not like  you can't rule out the idea.

#30 Posted by shol (129 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that it's guaranteed that he won't be dying any time soon, I'm really interested in what Marvel has planned for Cyke. It's pretty obvious that Marvel has plans to one day revive the mutant population what with the Scarlet Witch back and Hope, I wonder how that event will effect Cyke when it happens. He changed into a stern leader who did several questionable acts just to protect the dwindling mutant population, will he change again when the mutant population remains? Or will he just continue the way he is now? There's a lot of directions his character can go and it will definitely be interesting, at least for me, to see where he winds up.

#31 Posted by fivestarga (239 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I see him and the Uncanny team still tackling the major threats that would harm the mutant race. Most of the heavy hitters are on his team so it would make sense. In my opinion cyclops is the best character that Marvel has to offer for the simple fact that he's done the most difficult job. You'll have your fans who call him a "douche" or a "prick" or "emotionless" because they can't understand the pressure that rested on his shoulders. The decisions he's made are all justified due to the survival of the mutant race through Hope and the Five lights. Lets list some of his accomplishments:
 
-Protected the mutant race from extinction. 
-Put faith in Hope which ultimately seems to have paid off. 
-Gained the admiration of Wolverine(even if it was short lived due to Schism's Bullshit) and Magneto who seems to have turned a corner for the better. 
-Contributed to Emma Frost being a better person overall, (Even though fans seem to want her to regress back into villainy) 
 
I think the best thing Cyke has going for him now is that Jason Aaron will not be writing for him.
#32 Posted by Powerzone789 (430 posts) - - Show Bio

ok so im reading all of these posts and this is wayy before schism got rolling, i just picked up schism 5 today and il tell you right now, cyclops will NOT be sending a black ops team after wolverine, they parted on tense terms. yes but scott didn't care that wolverine left, he just told him to go, he even gave him a blackbird. no Scott will not be joining the avengers x-men was and always will be his calling and i NEVER see him backing down from it, even though a solo series with just him would be really badass. I would also like to see his 90's persona come back as well, this cold heartless scott is starting to out weigh its welcome. Scott did not permanetly scar wolverine and logan didn't scar cyclops, the fight was awesome but it didnt permanantly injure either, (although cyclops was pretty banged up at the end) beast is on his team and we now have two different x-men teams which i will follow both. although wolveirne's does look more interesting just by the roster

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.