Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11232 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

cyclopes should wear that jacket from da wolverine and x-men

crimeking23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By crimeking23

who else think that cyclopes have the jacket from that show ?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

The trench coat?  It's alright, but then he might be stealing Madrox's style ;)

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By One_Eye

I like the trench coat but it reminds me too much Gambit. Also, in my humble opinion; I feel that it goes against the grain in not being streamline.

Wattup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Wattup

Totally! He looked banana nut awesome in that get-up!

Although, I'm not sure it would go over well in sunny San Francisco. Seems like a fashion faux-pas there.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By moywar700

his collar is worn wrong

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By BatteredArmor

If it served a purpose then yes. frankly I'd rather just see Scott incorporate hightec into his suit than make any visual additions to it

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I don't think it looks good.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By jrock85

The trench coat doesn't work for him. The costume he wore in the 90's is my favorite because that's the era in which I started following the X-Men; but overall I think the one he wore in Morrison's run was the coolest.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

While I love trench coats, because...come on, it's a f*cking trench coat, it's not really Cyclops' style. That show's Cyclops was totally out of character and poorly written, so it made sense that he looked "edgy", but Cyke isn't edgy. 

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

While I love trench coats, because...come on, it's a f*cking trench coat, it's not really Cyclops' style. That show's Cyclops was totally out of character and poorly written, so it made sense that he looked "edgy", but Cyke isn't edgy.

Agreed.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By CATPANEXE

It was meant to help artistically capture the look for him and back dropped against the other characters in the series that Scott had become a broken and lost man, and distanced himself emotionally from his team mates and friends, hence the reason as well the viewer who read the comics would understand he was in no condition to lead the X-Men in that world. Not unlike when Spider-man switches to a black and white costume to implicate his own fall from grace, though I would compare it even more to Spider-mans battle damaged rags. Really, it makes no sense to place this look on the actual comic character, whom is large and charge and in control of his own facilities, whereas better to have a sharp, clean and streamlined look like the one the comic uses now. If he ends up breaking from the pack and becoming a street level hero living in a one bedroom apartment and maybe drinking himself due to everything falling apart, then this would work for his character, not that I can ever see that plot happening in the comics.

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By luckydomino1

hell no

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By ReVamp

@FadeToBlackBolt: Well, taking into account that Cyclops has been written horribly for quite the years now, it makes me wonder whether he doesn't need a change in style.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.