cyclopes should wear that jacket from da wolverine and x-men

#1 Posted by crimeking23 (91 posts) - - Show Bio

who else think that cyclopes have the jacket from that show ?

#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

The trench coat?  It's alright, but then he might be stealing Madrox's style ;)

#3 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the trench coat but it reminds me too much Gambit. Also, in my humble opinion; I feel that it goes against the grain in not being streamline.

#4 Posted by Wattup (648 posts) - - Show Bio

Totally! He looked banana nut awesome in that get-up!

Although, I'm not sure it would go over well in sunny San Francisco. Seems like a fashion faux-pas there.

#5 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

his collar is worn wrong

#6 Edited by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

If it served a purpose then yes. frankly I'd rather just see Scott incorporate hightec into his suit than make any visual additions to it

#7 Posted by God_Spawn (38102 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it looks good.

#8 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

The trench coat doesn't work for him. The costume he wore in the 90's is my favorite because that's the era in which I started following the X-Men; but overall I think the one he wore in Morrison's run was the coolest.

#9 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

While I love trench coats, because...come on, it's a f*cking trench coat, it's not really Cyclops' style. That show's Cyclops was totally out of character and poorly written, so it made sense that he looked "edgy", but Cyke isn't edgy. 

#10 Posted by God_Spawn (38102 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

While I love trench coats, because...come on, it's a f*cking trench coat, it's not really Cyclops' style. That show's Cyclops was totally out of character and poorly written, so it made sense that he looked "edgy", but Cyke isn't edgy.

Agreed.

#11 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

It was meant to help artistically capture the look for him and back dropped against the other characters in the series that Scott had become a broken and lost man, and distanced himself emotionally from his team mates and friends, hence the reason as well the viewer who read the comics would understand he was in no condition to lead the X-Men in that world. Not unlike when Spider-man switches to a black and white costume to implicate his own fall from grace, though I would compare it even more to Spider-mans battle damaged rags. Really, it makes no sense to place this look on the actual comic character, whom is large and charge and in control of his own facilities, whereas better to have a sharp, clean and streamlined look like the one the comic uses now. If he ends up breaking from the pack and becoming a street level hero living in a one bedroom apartment and maybe drinking himself due to everything falling apart, then this would work for his character, not that I can ever see that plot happening in the comics.

#12 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

hell no

#13 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: Well, taking into account that Cyclops has been written horribly for quite the years now, it makes me wonder whether he doesn't need a change in style.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.