Cover for All new X-men #4

#1 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

I call bull**** if young cyclops wins.

#2 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

A battle of who can out "JEAN!!!!" the other.

#3 Posted by McKlayn (1076 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate said:

I call bull**** if young cyclops wins.

Yea there is no possible way for Young Cyclops to beat him, i mean just despite what you think or which character you like better the old one has more training, more experience, more confidence, more power if the phoenix force has altered it like we are lead to believe it just shouldn't happen.

#4 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Rather cool <3

#5 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Great cover, but yeah, it'd be incredibly insulting if old Cyclops can't beat a younger version of himself.

#6 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sweet cover I must say. Maybe with the younger Cyclops Marvel can grow his character to where I can actually stomach him...

#7 Posted by XsPectre28 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

this shouldnt even be happening..... adult Cyclops has so much more experience & confidence in his power & skill

#8 Posted by tomlikesfries (4643 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate said:

I call bull**** if young cyclops wins.

Same here, but hey, Bendis is writing lol.

#9 Posted by God_Spawn (37757 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Cyclops' only shot at winning is if Cyclops' power readjustment that he is supposed to get starts screwing with his powers before he can control the new skill set during mid battle.

Moderator
#10 Posted by The_Goddess_of_Chaos (297 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate: heres another #4 cover:

#11 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6662 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29 said:

A battle of who can out "JEAN!!!!" the other.

lol

#12 Edited by The_Goddess_of_Chaos (297 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Young Cyclops' only shot at winning is if Cyclops' power readjustment that he is supposed to get starts screwing with his powers before he can control the new skill set during mid battle.

i think jean will freak out and stop them like so:

thats from all-new x-men 4

#13 Posted by McKlayn (1076 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Goddess_of_Chaos: very nice

#14 Posted by imperial90 (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Cyke stands no chance, neither of their force beams do anything to the other so any such fight would have to involve either using the environment or in cqc, both of which Elder Cyke is vastly superior then younger Cyke. Even if Elder Cykes powers are acting wonky it won't matter, they don't matter in this match up, they can't hurt each other with them anyways.

#15 Posted by royers13 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

Note: Current Cyclops is 100% immune to his own blasts. Young Cyclops could still be harmed by his own blast, can't remember which comics exactly but a couple of times he was stunned by someone reflecting his blast back at him.
 
Result: Current Cyclops just walks through Young Cyke's blast and punches him.

#16 Posted by The_Goddess_of_Chaos (297 posts) - - Show Bio

@royers13 said:

Note: Current Cyclops is 100% immune to his own blasts. Young Cyclops could still be harmed by his own blast, can't remember which comics exactly but a couple of times he was stunned by someone reflecting his blast back at him. Result: Current Cyclops just walks through Young Cyke's blast and punches him.

lol why would adult scott want to hurt himself???

#17 Posted by McKlayn (1076 posts) - - Show Bio

more then likely because Teenage scott wants to hurt himself <.< ok that gets confusing lol

#18 Posted by royers13 (46 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Goddess_of_Chaos: Isn't self destruction more fun?
#19 Posted by EmmaGraceFrost (44 posts) - - Show Bio

@royers13: Stepford Cuckoos Style :D

#20 Posted by DATNIGGA (1191 posts) - - Show Bio

@McKlayn:

more power & Optic shielding...

even though there both immune old cyke stomps lol

#21 Posted by McKlayn (1076 posts) - - Show Bio

@DATNIGGA said:

@McKlayn:

more power & Optic shielding...

even though there both immune old cyke stomps lol

Not exactly sure why you replied to me but i totally agree :D this is an awesome preview too you got any more of these? Hook me up lol

#22 Posted by DATNIGGA (1191 posts) - - Show Bio

@McKlayn: I randomly reply to people sometimes lol

this is the preview pages for ANXM 3

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?aid=48186

they have previews for all of them up to 5 currently I think

#23 Posted by McKlayn (1076 posts) - - Show Bio

@DATNIGGA: well i am glad i was that random person :D or i might not have seen the previews lol thanks bro

#24 Posted by DATNIGGA (1191 posts) - - Show Bio

@McKlayn: your welcome

#25 Posted by Onemoreposter (4032 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait. Shouldn't their powers not even affect each other?

#26 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@DATNIGGA said:

@McKlayn:

more power & Optic shielding...

even though there both immune old cyke stomps lol

I can't help but be excited about this! Extinction Teams' book is coming back((again....O_o)) Cykes is getting a power-boost, new team members, new home base, and Wolverine and his squad are looking like inert goons in the process!

#27 Posted by royers13 (46 posts) - - Show Bio
@One_Eye: How much of a power boost are we talking? and where did you hear he was getting one. I've only found forums rumoring it and i want to know if there is something that solidly states it.
#28 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14596 posts) - - Show Bio

efff continuity and logic. GO! OLD CYKE GO! put you future self back in place!

#29 Posted by DATNIGGA (1191 posts) - - Show Bio

@One_Eye: Im excited too

@royers13 said:

@One_Eye: How much of a power boost are we talking? and where did you hear he was getting one. I've only found forums rumoring it and i want to know if there is something that solidly states it.

In an interview about All new x men it was mentioned that due to the phoenix the hosts power was altered a little

how much of a power boost? don't know we have to see next issue but from that scan it seems like cyke has gained defensive powers making his beams surround him like a force field or something

Also.. in one of the cable & x force solicits it showed something was up with colossus's powers, All new x men 3 something is up with cykes powers hardly a coincidence...

Cyke, magik, emma, colossus & namor should be getting boosted

#30 Posted by royers13 (46 posts) - - Show Bio
@One_Eye said:

@DATNIGGA said:

@McKlayn:

more power & Optic shielding...

even though there both immune old cyke stomps lol

I can't help but be excited about this! Extinction Teams' book is coming back((again....O_o)) Cykes is getting a power-boost, new team members, new home base, and Wolverine and his squad are looking like inert goons in the process!

This is starting to stand out to me. In ANX 1, we saw him shoot blasts that look nothing like that. This image makes it look like his power is catching him off guard, as if he didn't know he could do something like this. Also, there is an explosion with what looks like fire. Do his blasts now have heat? it was always just a concussive blast but is that changing?
#31 Posted by DATNIGGA (1191 posts) - - Show Bio

@royers13 said:

@One_Eye said:

@DATNIGGA said:

@McKlayn:

more power & Optic shielding...

even though there both immune old cyke stomps lol

I can't help but be excited about this! Extinction Teams' book is coming back((again....O_o)) Cykes is getting a power-boost, new team members, new home base, and Wolverine and his squad are looking like inert goons in the process!

This is starting to stand out to me. In ANX 1, we saw him shoot blasts that look nothing like that. This image makes it look like his power is catching him off guard, as if he didn't know he could do something like this. Also, there is an explosion with what looks like fire. Do his blasts now have heat? it was always just a concussive blast but is that changing?

Couldn't give you a definite answer cause it has to be explained but based off of my own speculation yes it is catching him off guard im assuming this is the first time his powers awakened/change since the phoenix so hes probably gonna have trouble until he gets a handle on it.. as far as heat goes possibly it sure looks that way now.. he seems to have alot of changes to his abiltys

#32 Posted by royers13 (46 posts) - - Show Bio
@DATNIGGA said:

@royers13 said:

@One_Eye said:

@DATNIGGA said:

@McKlayn:

more power & Optic shielding...

even though there both immune old cyke stomps lol

I can't help but be excited about this! Extinction Teams' book is coming back((again....O_o)) Cykes is getting a power-boost, new team members, new home base, and Wolverine and his squad are looking like inert goons in the process!

This is starting to stand out to me. In ANX 1, we saw him shoot blasts that look nothing like that. This image makes it look like his power is catching him off guard, as if he didn't know he could do something like this. Also, there is an explosion with what looks like fire. Do his blasts now have heat? it was always just a concussive blast but is that changing?

Couldn't give you a definite answer cause it has to be explained but based off of my own speculation yes it is catching him off guard im assuming this is the first time his powers awakened/change since the phoenix so hes probably gonna have trouble until he gets a handle on it.. as far as heat goes possibly it sure looks that way now.. he seems to have alot of changes to his abiltys

Actually, looking at the other preview images, we see that Magneto is unable to use his powers while standing next to cyclops. Then this. So i'm guessing its safe to assume he can absorb different types of energies to increase his blast power.
#33 Posted by xmentas (175 posts) - - Show Bio

Aw man this all looks so cool! Meanwhile I'm still waiting for ANX #2 to show up in my mailbox...MARVEL!!!!

#34 Posted by McKlayn (1076 posts) - - Show Bio

@xmentas said:

Aw man this all looks so cool! Meanwhile I'm still waiting for ANX #2 to show up in my mailbox...MARVEL!!!!

omg me too :'( Why are they so slow, i just got the first issue like idk 3 days ago >.< my stupid ass subscribed to my whole pull list and now im way behind. Just last week (all on different days i may add) i got FF 1, ANX 1, Legacy 1 & WATXM whatever the one with Angel is lol, all those came out like 2 or three weeks ago :'( lol. Are you a long time subscriber? Do you know if they are always this slow or is it the holidays? Cause this is the first time ive tried this lol

#35 Posted by God_Spawn (37757 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like it hurts.

Moderator
#36 Edited by God_Spawn (37757 posts) - - Show Bio

On the topic of his new powers, I don't necessarily see it as shielding since Cyclops is dodging around the bullets and one that went through his optic swirl thing. I think it might have something to do with his psionic field going wacko hence it spewing everywhere. Maybe it allows him to eventually do some kind of shielding with it or eventually control paths of his blasts.

Still curious as to how the X visor plays into this.

Moderator
#37 Posted by xmentas (175 posts) - - Show Bio

@McKlayn said:

@xmentas said:

Aw man this all looks so cool! Meanwhile I'm still waiting for ANX #2 to show up in my mailbox...MARVEL!!!!

omg me too :'( Why are they so slow, i just got the first issue like idk 3 days ago >.< my stupid ass subscribed to my whole pull list and now im way behind. Just last week (all on different days i may add) i got FF 1, ANX 1, Legacy 1 & WATXM whatever the one with Angel is lol, all those came out like 2 or three weeks ago :'( lol. Are you a long time subscriber? Do you know if they are always this slow or is it the holidays? Cause this is the first time ive tried this lol

Haha sorry man but it's my first time too. They emailed me saying they'd start my subscription at ANX #2, so while I was at New York I went to Midtown and picked up the sick Variant Cover, so I was occupied for a little...but I expected to come home to the second issue. I don't want to have to drive to the store for pick up which is why I subed to Marvel but come on! On the site it says they're sending me 2 so its gotta be ANX 2 and 3....I was gonna sub to Uncanny later too but...hmmm

#38 Posted by McKlayn (1076 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Yea i think its going to be some sort of drain thing still, draining other powers or other forces (idk magentic energy type stuff?) to enhance his power and prolly make it full controlled, i doubt the X visor plays into it, just for looks type of thing i would say.

@xmentas: Yea that blows, i know i live in georgia so :'( lol i can't go pick em up lol. But yea my whole pull list is on there so im hoping it gets better after the holidays

#39 Posted by God_Spawn (37757 posts) - - Show Bio

@McKlayn: I think it will have something to do with it considering his visor flew off his face.

Moderator
#40 Posted by lorex (954 posts) - - Show Bio

The only way I could see older Scott losing is if he is so shocked but the apperance of young Jean he looses his focus and given his life experience seeing a young Jean is not the most shocking thing he has ever see but the opposite in face might be true. Young Scott seeing and older version of himself working with Magneto will really be shocking and will throw him off his game. 

#41 Posted by xmentas (175 posts) - - Show Bio

@McKlayn: Lol I live in Florida man I'm below you, I went there to march in the parade over thanksgiving. Let me know when you get your issue.

#42 Posted by McKlayn (1076 posts) - - Show Bio

@xmentas: sure will :D

#43 Posted by CerealKiller (161 posts) - - Show Bio

These previews have me confused, so that old scott getting knocked about by using his own powers??

#44 Posted by God_Spawn (37757 posts) - - Show Bio

@CerealKiller said:

These previews have me confused, so that old scott getting knocked about by using his own powers??

Yes. Solicits for various books involving the Phoenix 5 have mentioned that weird things will be happening with their powers as they readjust from being not so suitable Phoenix hosts.

Moderator
#45 Posted by DarkDay (634 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Goddess_of_Chaos said:

@royers13 said:

Note: Current Cyclops is 100% immune to his own blasts. Young Cyclops could still be harmed by his own blast, can't remember which comics exactly but a couple of times he was stunned by someone reflecting his blast back at him. Result: Current Cyclops just walks through Young Cyke's blast and punches him.

lol why would adult scott want to hurt himself???

Mostly because Beast is horrible at explaining things. XD

I can't find the scan, but the random... Xavier isn't here because Scott murdered him seems like it would do the trick.

#46 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2872 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say that the young characters and the current cast of the X-Men share time on the story," Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso told CBR in July. "And there's a third entity I'm not allowed to talk about yet that will also share screen time. But the story is really about the effect of these young Lee and Kirby X-Men arriving in the present. It's both the story of young Jean Grey coming back and wondering why everybody is looking at her so weird, and it's the story of Logan and Cyclops coming to terms with the fact that this young girl, who they both fell in love with, is now back in some way, shape or form. That's what I think is going to make for such fascinating stories – dual perspectives on this development."

#47 Edited by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

New Cyclops kills Old Cyclops, time paradox.

Game Over

Snake? Snake??? SNAKEEEEEE!!!!!!!

#48 Posted by The_Goddess_of_Chaos (297 posts) - - Show Bio

@DATNIGGA said:

@McKlayn:

more power & Optic shielding...

even though there both immune old cyke stomps lol

lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.