Controversy

#1 Posted by thespideyguy (2642 posts) - - Show Bio

How many fans would like to see cyclops as a LGBT character.

#2 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

@thespideyguy: whats LGBT?

#3 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyWalker: lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender

#4 Posted by MrShway88 (655 posts) - - Show Bio

Are there any transgender heroes/heroins?

#5 Posted by charlieboy (7158 posts) - - Show Bio

no, cyclops should stay straight. i don't think they should change his sexuality. the only way i think a previously thought to be straight character should turn out to be gay is if it makes sense for the character. with cylcops it does not. 

#6 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

No, changing a characters sexual orientation without any hint as to why is stupid and insulting to both the character and the readers intelligence. Now if Marvel were to build up to makeing him bi-sexual I would accept it, but still have a WTF reaction throughout, because it really would serve little purpose.

#8 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind. There's already sexual tension between him and Wolverine.

#9 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1244 posts) - - Show Bio

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

One Word..... AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! (Echos)

#10 Posted by BlackArmor (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

No, changing a characters sexual orientation without any hint as to why is stupid and insulting to both the character and the readers intelligence. Now if Marvel were to build up to makeing him bi-sexual I would accept it, but still have a WTF reaction throughout, because it really would serve little purpose.

Thank You! someone finally gets it

#11 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blood1991 said:

why does sexuality have to serve a purpose? 
#12 Posted by XsPectre28 (719 posts) - - Show Bio

as a gay man & a fan of marvel & mostly the X-men i see no plot or reason to make cyclops gay..... oh what just to say oh my God, the leader of the x-men is gay... hmmmm. maybe this will make more LGBT's read comicbooks..... FAILED

#13 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14594 posts) - - Show Bio

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

When I saw that picture I stood up and said I KNEW IT.

#14 Posted by Onemoreposter (4006 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not? I say let's make him transgendered

#15 Posted by God_Spawn (37568 posts) - - Show Bio

AA's kryptonite--^

#16 Edited by God_Spawn (37568 posts) - - Show Bio

As for my answer, nah. Maybe if those were his origins I wouldn't care, but after 50 years, 4 girls and a son I say no.

#17 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

After dealing with all the Phoenix-possessed women BS he has had to put up with, I'd switch teams too for sanity's sake

#18 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

He has enough issues to deal with. Walking out on Madelyne Pryer, than there was jean gray scandal, as well as gun rampage when he lost his powers and everyone lost their sanity. Going against his Xavier teachings and the list goes on.

#19 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Blood1991 said:

why does sexuality have to serve a purpose?

The same purpose changing The Orginal Green Lanterns did, or Storm and Black Panther's marriage. To attract attention and new readers. Marvel has a good stable of minority characters turning a character with as much history as Cyclops wouldn't serve much purpose other than to be a publicity stunt.

#21 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1317 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah look how well that turned out for the 1610 colossus.

#22 Posted by God_Spawn (37568 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@god_spawn said:

AA's kryptonite--^

You just caused a schism between us.

#24 Edited by antemiusenteri (238 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrShway88: ..............Shapshifters

#25 Edited by The_Grey_Queen (63 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyWalker: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender.

In short he wants to know how you feel if Cyclops turned yay...

Personally i think that would be weird, because that's not him.

#26 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

Married man marries a red head, walks out on her, marries a red head who looks exactly like his first wife, cheats on her and has had many relationships in between, such as Psylocke.

I can imagine Cyclops just walking out the door saying 'Screw this. I'm going gay.'

I can already hear the roar of hate it would get.

#27 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

(Facepalm) 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.