Can he see color?

#1 Posted by ssejllenrad (12780 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if this has been asked before but in case it hasn't, could he see any other colour other than just red? I mean, could he only see like through a red visor?

#2 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

When he's not blasting, yes, otherwise it's like looking through a wave of red.

#3 Posted by SC (11948 posts) - - Show Bio

He has relayed seeing everything in shades of red.  

Also, I think once or twice, some smartish (or smart ass depending if you care about consistency more than science) writers have relayed Cyclops seeing though shades of yellow/gold. 

#4 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Adnan said:
Can he even see red/differentiate red objects from other objects?
Yeah, it's just like holding red cellophane over your eyes.
#5 Posted by hydrabob (14977 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he see's everything in red. Though when he had his powers shut down that one time he could see normally.

#6 Posted by SC (11948 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
He has relayed seeing everything in shades of red.   Also, I think once or twice, some smartish (or smart ass depending if you care about consistency more than science) writers have relayed Cyclops seeing though shades of yellow/gold. 

I think also, Stan Lee in early, early books, explained he could see most colors, just somewhat distortedly.  

If we had to decide, I'd recommend going with the yellow. (from Cyle's perspective, but red visually for us, from his lulz)
#7 Edited by VesKaGan (103 posts) - - Show Bio

In Astonishing X-Men #14 he states that everything he sees is tinged with red.

#8 Posted by SC (11948 posts) - - Show Bio
Just so I don't seem like I am trolling lol  

If a normal person looked though a red filter, we would see red. Clops already does, Morrison and Carey's science >> Most other writers.  

#9 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC: Huh, interesting. Thank you for that :)  

Where's that from, if I may ask?
#10 Posted by SC (11948 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@SC: Huh, interesting. Thank you for that :)    Where's that from, if I may ask?

Yeah sure thing boss.  

Morrison's run, New X-Men #131. 

Its the cover with Emma getting out of the limbo. Probably my favorite Emma cover. 
#11 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC: Huh, I really have to get around to reading that again. It's been too damn long. Thanks ^_^
#12 Posted by buttersdaman000 (8796 posts) - - Show Bio

I like that art
How long was Morrisons run?

#13 Posted by SC (11948 posts) - - Show Bio
@buttersdaman000 said:
I like that art How long was Morrisons run?

About 50 glorious and redefining issues. Though I should mention the art wasn't consistent. The art from above issue, wasn't for many more issues.  

I'm sort of neutral on Morrison, but some pretty good issues. Roughly X-Men #114 to #156.... sometimes referred to as New X-Men, currently that book goes by Legacy. 
#14 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
I like that art How long was Morrisons run?
 About 50 glorious and redefining issues. Though I should mention the art wasn't consistent. The art from above issue, wasn't for many more issues.   I'm sort of neutral on Morrison, but some pretty good issues. Roughly X-Men #114 to #156.... sometimes referred to as New X-Men, currently that book goes by Legacy. 
BLASPHEMER!
#15 Posted by SC (11948 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt:  I mean relatively. I mean I like him quite a lot, but say... not as much as you for example lol which really shows how devoted and appreciative you are really? At least I am not like those deluded people who dislike him and think he ruined the franchise 0_0  

I guess my point is, if even I, who tends to be critical of writers like Morrison likes his work, its a good book to pick up and demonstrates how good a writer he is. *smile*
#16 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC: Well saved. We're cool :P
#17 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

And to think...I always used to wonder what he does when he approaches traffic lights...:)

#19 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelDust616: Ah, thankyou.:) I've been saving that one for quite some time.
#20 Posted by Squares (3122 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#21 Posted by Hizang (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I suppose he does see colours, but often he is looking through red sunglasses or his red visor that he always see's red.

#22 Posted by LordMaverick (5186 posts) - - Show Bio

Not that i know.............
#23 Posted by Dragoness1993 (268 posts) - - Show Bio

He only sees red through his visor, so if he takes it off, he can see in colour 

#24 Posted by ReddKnave (42 posts) - - Show Bio

To be perfectly redundant, the definitive answer is Yes. You are correct. He does see color, the red is only because of his visor/glasses.

#25 Edited by Twentyfive (2405 posts) - - Show Bio

He can see any color, just as long as that color is red.

#26 Edited by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

He can see color when he is depowered, but because his optic blast are constantly firing he can only see red. I'm sure Emma could allow him to see color or the illusion of color for awhile.

#27 Posted by God_Spawn (35981 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember when he was losing control of his powers again he remarked Emma's eyes were "red". He sees in red due to his powers always being on.

Moderator Online
#28 Posted by God_Spawn (35981 posts) - - Show Bio

And he mentions he had clarity for awhile which I took just being able to see normally for awhile.

Moderator Online
#29 Edited by Soulstealer (825 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: I love those scans! But I thought I'd ask, are you sure he wasn't talking about her eyes being red as in they look irritated (she looks tired or sleep deprived)? That's sort of what I was thinking there and she turned it into a joke because well his eyes are obviously glowing red.

#30 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say he can only see red.

Maybe if he winked all the time...

#31 Edited by God_Spawn (35981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Soulstealer: At first before I actually uploaded the scans, I haven't read the issue in awhile. I took it as he was losing clarity but slowly so whatever he was looking at could have had a tint of red to it at least in the center of his field of vision. Your point can also be valid.

Moderator Online
#32 Posted by Soulstealer (825 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@Soulstealer: At first before I actually uploaded the scans, I haven't read the issue in awhile. I took it as he was losing clarity but slowly so whatever he was looking at could have had a tint of red to it at least in the center of his field of vision. Your point can also be valid.

Well it has been forever seen I've read it too, I just brought it up because that was my interpretation when I read it before and I remember thinking that it was a nice bit of relationship dynamic slipped into the moment.

#33 Posted by God_Spawn (35981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Soulstealer: Agreed on that part.

Moderator Online

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.