Can he run out of power?

#1 Posted by _Magnus_ (19 posts) - - Show Bio

could he run out of energy for his optic blasts?

#2 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, during the Apocalypse and the Twelve storyline in the late 90's early 2000's he did. If he's away from sunlight for an extended period and overuses his optic blasts he can run out of power.

#3 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Magnus_: Yeah, I believe it takes him approximately 16 minutes to recharge... As far as I know I recall his power will still be active but the output will be reduced substantially.

#4 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

They should really figure out how to harness the energy once released, into some form of battery or generator of some form... couple hours a day and he could solve a nation's energy crisis.

#5 Posted by Trodorne (2588 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheOptimist: or he gets kryptonian skin cells that store the energy of the yellow sun.
#6 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

- If I had Emma Frost in my bed I would mainline Red Bull to make sure I didn't run out of energy....oh, your talking about his powers, my bad

#7 Posted by God_Spawn (37879 posts) - - Show Bio

He just gets tired from using it and the blasts weaken, at least that's from my understanding.

Moderator Online
#8 Posted by _Magnus_ (19 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC: @One_Eye: nice thanks dudes
#9 Edited by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio
@_Magnus_

Instresting question. The way his powers work is that his eyes are portals to a dimminsion filled with non-einstenien opticc energy and the portals in his eyes are fueld by solar energy but his optic blast themselves is not made from solar energy .In practice yes the eventual result is he  "runs out of energy" however in theory he cannot since his energy fills an entire other dimension and no matter how long Cyke lives he probably cannot exaust an entire dimension worth of energy. however he can run out of solar energy and as such the portals to this other dimension would close thus he would be cut off from his energy but still he technically didn't run out he just lost contact with it. also he can become exausted and need to stop channeling the energy so once again while he did not run out of energy he can be cut off. The simplest answer that sais it all is that while cyke can never run out of energy for his optic blast he can run out of both physical and solar energy thus loosing connection to his optic energy and effectivly running out

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.