Bad New for Emma/Scott fans

#1 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2810 posts) - - Show Bio

According to Bendis tumblr: Someone asked if Scott and Emma might get back together and Bendis said "I know I’m going to take my lumps for this but I can’t imagine anything less interesting then getting these 2 back together

I thought the relationship brought out the worst in them. it made me like them less. consider that chapter closed until I am unceremoniously fired.

Also some one asked:

Can you at least promise you're not going to bring back Adult Jean and have her get together with Scott?

see The Trial of jean grey… or maybe don’t :)

or i am trolling. or i’m not.

I'm guessing Bendis is looking to get fired then??? You can find it here: http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/

#2 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11357 posts) - - Show Bio

YES NO MORE SCOTT AND EMMA!!!!!!! That entire relationship was so unholy.

I don't expect real Jean to come back any time soon but I do hope when she does, she rejoins with Scott. They're meant to be like Peter and MJ, Clark and Lois, Hal and Carol, Barry and Iris, Reed and Sue, Bruce and Betty and …… well you get the point.

#3 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly don't get the obsession people have with asking writers to spoil their books.

#4 Edited by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

Brought out the worst in Emma under bad writing, was fine when written well.

#5 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2810 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't expect real Jean to come back any time soon but I do hope when she does, she rejoins with Scott. They're meant to be like Peter and MJ, Clark and Lois, Hal and Carol, Barry and Iris, Reed and Sue, Bruce and Betty and …… well you get the point.

I like your explanation

#6 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11357 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: Thank you! My view on the matter is subjective of course but it's just how I feel. I like the classic relationships :)

#7 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

I still consider them a couple.

#8 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2810 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee:

Oh is Bendis going to make adult Jean Grey come back moment like he did with Janet Van Dyne(Wisp) in the Avengers #31(2012)?

I don't know why but the head wrapping reminds me of xorn jean grey(who should never come back) .

#9 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11357 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee:

Oh is Bendis going to make adult Jean Grey come back moment like he did with Janet Van Dyne(Wisp) in the Avengers #31(2012)?

I don't know why but the head wrapping reminds me of xorn jean grey(who should never come back) .

I'm honestly surprised the return of Wasp wasn't made a bigger deal. It seemed kind of low key. I wonder if they'll do the same with Jean Grey or if it'll be a big thing.

#10 Edited by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2810 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee said:

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@arturocalakayvee:

I'm honestly surprised the return of Wasp wasn't made a bigger deal. It seemed kind of low key. I wonder if they'll do the same with Jean Grey or if it'll be a big thing.

I guess we have to wait for the ending of "the trial of Jean Grey", which is unfair to teen jean grey and is the shi'ar going to try to kill her again? Also i think the trial is going to be rigged. "The Trial of Jean Grey" does seem important. You've got bendis writing it with a crossover with the GotG. If its another cop-out, marvel is going to lose alot of fanes because were getting tired of the teases, lol

#11 Posted by bigtewell (749 posts) - - Show Bio

even tho most of those relationships dont exist anymore

#12 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11357 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee said:

Your point?

@arturocalakayvee said:

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@arturocalakayvee:

I guess we have to wait for the ending of "the trial of Jean Grey", which is unfair to teen jean grey and is the shi'ar going to try to kill her again? Also i think the trial is going to be rigged.

From what I understand, the Galactic Empire is going to try Teen Jean for the actions of Adult Jean, despite Adult Jean already being tried, or something, to my knowledge, and it being ruled Dark Phoenix wasn't even Jean. I too think it's going to be rigged, or at least attempt to be and thwarted. I'm a little worried and skeptical over the upcoming cross over but I'm slightly hopeful too.

#13 Edited by God_Spawn (37683 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott and Jean Grey, aside from the teen versions, is dead as far as I am concerned. I have little doubt he is going to bring back adult Jean and have her shack back up with Scott. That boat sailed a long time ago. As far as Emma and Scott go, I'm not going to read a whole lot into what Bendis says on Tumblr vs the books. One) it's a spoiler if he does. And they just broke up almost a year ago, so if he's set for the long haul why spoil it so early on? 2) Bendis does like to troll fans sometimes. He said Jason Aaron was going to kill Emma in BoTA. That clearly didn't happen. 3) Bendis likes to kind of go full circle things when he is done and just kind of...undoes things sometimes. When they get their powers fixed, he may very well get Emma and Scott back together. 4) While this could indeed very well be true, he still hasn't exactly closed Emma and Scott from each other. He could have made them have their break up discussion in issue two and left it at that. Instead, in multiple issues, we have Scott and Emma still flirting at times or both of them are the primary focus when something happens to another. Emma's gotten a bit jealous when it comes to Scott like when Eva said he was a beautiful man. Emma was the one to save Scott from the Blockbuster Sentinel exploding. Scott's still taken interest into how Emma's dealing with things. When young Scott died in BoTA, the two people shown looking shocked was Teen Jean (for young Scott) and Emma.

It's just a lot subtleties that have been spread out when he hasn't exactly needed to showcase such things. He may hate the relationship, and I wouldn't be surprised if keeps them single (I find it very doubtful he will have them hooking up with other people, tbh), but he hasn't completely closed that chapter as far as potential goes in case when his run is over. He may not get them back together under his pen, but by taking time out to show these interactions, he isn't shutting it down completely.

Just my two cents on the matter. Take it for what you will.

#14 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2810 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn:

Now that you mentioned it maybe Bendis is trying to pretend he doesnt like emma and scott so he can throw the readers off.

#15 Edited by w0nd (3264 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigtewell said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Your point?

that the ones meant to be together never end up together.

#16 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Hnngh.

#17 Posted by phisigmatau (513 posts) - - Show Bio

never been the fan of cyke dating such a poor role model for his students.

#18 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5834 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally could care less who Cyclops ends up with, as long as he's happy, which I have a feeling that the writers won't let him have his happily ever after.

#19 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11357 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@bigtewell said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Your point?

that the ones meant to be together never end up together.

In time, in time.

#20 Edited by God_Spawn (37683 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn:

Now that you mentioned it maybe Bendis is trying to pretend he doesnt like emma and scott so he can throw the readers off.

It's possible, but his response seems genuine. At least for the time being. They've been separated for almost a year now, so it hasn't been that long in comic time. But even if he doesn't really like them together, he has still shown more than enough times between dialogue and what he wants the pictures showing and who saves who, it has focused a lot on them and they do care for each other. He's keeping them single with some flirting or just showing they care for the other's well being, even if that means taking the other down a peg if they have to, which isn't anything new anyway. Emma's had multiple writers bring up a flaw Scott is having or when he gets too cocky at something. Hell, Whedon had some of the best instances of Emma screwing with Scott, but she then helped him. So despite not liking the idea, he's still playing with it when he could have literally ended it at issue 2 after their big talk. But he didn't. It's been going on in multiple issues over the span of his first year. He's not killing their potential to get back together by doing this.

#21 Posted by IIDEADxPOOLII (1414 posts) - - Show Bio

He said he thought the relationship "brought out the worst in them"? Absolutely ridiculous, spoken like someone who barely read X-Men for the last decade. The relationship between Scott and Emma moved both of them forward, I can kinda understand if you say you disliked the way they began their relationship but to say it brought out the worst in them is just wrong.

#22 Posted by God_Spawn (37683 posts) - - Show Bio

@iideadxpoolii: I think something people haven't actually seen the real message on his Tumblr or whatever. In his response he posted the famous image of Frost in bed with Cykes in the same post that we are all discussing. That was the original thing that kind of brought the whole relationship about, and in a follow up response he ended up admitting he could be trolling in the response to hooking old Jean Grey back up with old Scott, but you'll have to read the event to find out. Like I said, the guy has a massive history of trolling fans when it comes to certain things. And despite his response, his current writing of their relationship,even just as friends on the same team, suggests something else. You have to really take what he says with a grain of salt on his Tumblr.

#23 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4750 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is this bad news for Frost Summer fans? I for one think they need a break. I think it is great they are not officially together and can grow on their own. Hell, maybe they'll even get back together.

(+)

#24 Edited by Avenger85 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

I fully agree. But with Marvel going on a relationship-breaking spree ( Longshot-Dazzler, Havok-Polaris, Sue-Reed, Kitty-Piotr and then Kitty-Bobby right after that WTF ! ), and One friggin More Day, I wouldn't be surprised if the Scott-Jean relationship was COMPLETELY retconned out of existence like Pete-MJ.

Marvel isn't hesitant about taking a dump on decades-worth established stories and relations.

#25 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4210 posts) - - Show Bio

They're relationship never interested me anyway, that said I hope this isn't a way to bring back the Jean/Scott relationship.

#26 Edited by Wolverine08 (41059 posts) - - Show Bio

They're relationship never interested me anyway, that said I hope this isn't a way to bring back the Jean/Scott relationship.

JEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

#27 Posted by Sovereign91001 (4210 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Wolverine08 (41059 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by DADDY_XERO (54 posts) - - Show Bio

I really liked scott and emma. the problem was bad writing. the sooner bendis moves on (hopefully fired) his shoddy work can be undone and the x-universe can be set to rights.

#31 Edited by skypilotbinky (98 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Edited by phisigmatau (513 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenger85 said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

and One friggin More Day, I wouldn't be surprised if the Scott-Jean relationship was COMPLETELY retconned out of existence like Pete-MJ.

whaaaa lollll u serious omg marvel be killn me lol

ajaahahahahahahhahahhah ooooooooooooohmyoo ahahhahahhah that jean video is hilarious hahah

#33 Edited by RustyRoy (11974 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully he is unceremoniously fired

#34 Edited by iSummers (45 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

Hopefully he is unceremoniously fired

+

#35 Posted by Avenger85 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

never been the fan of cyke dating such a poor role model for his students.

Good. I for one am glad. Emma is a great character but I don't want dating Scott anymore. What I would like to see is Emma dating adult Iceman.

#36 Posted by martinceld (471 posts) - - Show Bio

According to Bendis tumblr: Someone asked if Scott and Emma might get back together and Bendis said "I know I’m going to take my lumps for this but I can’t imagine anything less interesting then getting these 2 back together

I thought the relationship brought out the worst in them. it made me like them less. consider that chapter closed until I am unceremoniously fired.

Also some one asked:

Can you at least promise you're not going to bring back Adult Jean and have her get together with Scott?

see The Trial of jean grey… or maybe don’t :)

or i am trolling. or i’m not.

I'm guessing Bendis is looking to get fired then??? You can find it here: http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/

ya I'm not getting what his comment means lol care to explain to me

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.