Astonishing X-Men #46

#1 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Alternate reality James Howlett: "In my world, you're nineteen years old. And the only person you ever threatened to kill is me. And since that's pretty much impossible, I don't have to worry too much about it.

616 Cyclops:"In my world...I'm a little different."

AR James Howlett: "I'm...sorry to hear that."

616 Cyclops: "Yeah. That's what the other you said. No offense...but instead of fighting me in every damn dimension...how about focusing on the bad guys?"

I love this interpretation of Cyclops!

#2 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still beating myself up for not picking this up, Heard it was really good

#3 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1594 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't forget the total fanboy moment of Cyclops being awesome while wearing Magneto's helmet.

#4 Posted by rpgr (331 posts) - - Show Bio

Aye, great issue. Getting a bit of the Whedon vibe. I'm almost surprised Whedon didn't write this.

#5 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

#44 And onwards have actually been Astonishing, seriously, I adore Pak's work.

#6 Posted by shol (120 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

I agree, this arc has just been a blast. Astonishing X-Men had been a disappointment, at least for me, for years, so I'm glad to be enjoying this series once again. Hopefully, this won't be the last time Pak will be writing the X-Men. I would be over the moon if he took over the X-Men series.

#7 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

@shol said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

I agree, this arc has just been a blast. Astonishing X-Men had been a disappointment, at least for me, for years, so I'm glad to be enjoying this series once again. Hopefully, this won't be the last time Pak will be writing the X-Men. I would be over the moon if he took over the X-Men series.

A complete one, wishing their was a series focusing on these alternate characters, Emmeline Frost really intrigues me, it's nice to see a version of her who isn't so full of themself and isn't afraid to show some emotions from time to time, granted, it doesn't look like she's got that Diamond aspect to her. I liked Ellis' run on it, the stories did seem a little wacky but they were good nonetheles, the things that came after were what put me off. Pak's done a good job with bringing it back and YES, i'd be over the moon if he took over X-Men too, Gischler's an okay writer but he focuses too much on vampires.

#8 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@shol said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

I agree.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.