Am I the only one missing the hair?

#1 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

OK here's the deal. LAte 80's to 90's X-Men was my fave in both comics and cartoons and Cyclops is my fave character. And so my fave look for him was this:

Honestly, anything from his X-factor to New X-Men look was fine for me. Now all my friends are rebuking me for concerning myself with such minor matters but I'm a sucker for details. And everyone of them prefers the covered-head look cause it was more true to the original. I'm not really wanting his old costume to come back, I'm just saying I preferred them. Am I weird in preferring the old costume? Is it too much of a nuisance to care for his hair? (Ok I know the answer here.. YES)... Or are there others like me?
#2 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (884 posts) - - Show Bio

I think for me it's nostalgia, but his is one of the few where I'd prefer the older costume.

#3 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

personally lve always loved the full cowl just because it was the first time that i had seen him it being his x-factor garb

#4 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12418 posts) - - Show Bio

i like the hair better but the cowl aint bad
#5 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2313 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the hair out but I think thats because his costume with the full cowl is just a one pice suit which makes me think of hooded footie pajamas 

#6 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer the free-hair look instead of the full-body blue condom :p

#7 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:

I prefer the free-hair look instead of the full-body blue condom :p

QFT!
#8 Posted by Dragoness1993 (268 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Cyclops' hair in AoA 

#10 Posted by Aiden Cross (15561 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup, I prefer the 90's version as well. The new look has never done it for me, basically a wet suit..

#11 Edited by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

@angeldust616 said:

@xerox-kitty: eh, I've always liked it :P

I never said you weren't allowed to like it :p

@Dragoness1993 said:

I like Cyclops' hair in AoA
Rocking It AoA Style

Yeah, the long hair to cover up the missing eye was a nice touch. A lot of the AoA designs were better than their regular 616 counterparts ;)

I miss the look with the hair. It's more natural. I guess people can say that the blue body condom is more aerodynamic, but as he's not a flier (and looks like a total idiot when lying around with a jetpack), then there's no need to smooth him over from top-to-toe.

#12 Posted by Spiders_Man (52 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer the hair, when you can't see Scotts eyes its creepy enough but in that full body condom of his, he looks even less human. . .

#14 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7257 posts) - - Show Bio
@angeldust616: I hated Cyclops having a jet pack, I HATED IT !
#15 Posted by fodigg (6130 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer the cowl. I don't mind the jetpack. He's always been the primary pilot of the Blackbird.

#16 Posted by Aiden Cross (15561 posts) - - Show Bio
@AgeofHurricane said:
What he said.
#17 Edited by ApatheticAvenger (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: Always made sense considering his father was an Air Force pilot and he possesses enhanced spatial awareness as a byproduct of his mutant power.

@Aiden Cross said:

@AgeofHurricane said:
What he said.

LMAO :P

#18 Posted by MiraTheGoddess (37 posts) - - Show Bio

No, your not alone. I positively hate the fully body condom...like I know Scott has to be sweating bullets in that thing.

#19 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio
@angeldust616: Personally I thought the jet-pack was a welcomed and humorous touch. :) I mean 99% of the characters are already wearing capes, tights, and spandex. Wat's a jet-pack in the midst of all the other superhero costumes?

Heck,the jet-pack is even treated in a light-hearted manner. When Cyclops first shows up in it he demands that the Hammer soldiers, "takes him to their leader."

But I digress. As stated before I like the full cowl. I actually wouldn't mind Cykes visor being giving a more look more in line with an actual cyclops, personally.
#20 Posted by The_Tree (7078 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aiden Cross said:
Yup, I prefer the 90's version as well. The new look has never done it for me, basically a wet suit..
This is pretty much how I feel, I've always liked the hair.
#21 Posted by oldgum (324 posts) - - Show Bio

no hair sucks, look like idiot, prefer the Ultimate version.

#22 Posted by Dragoness1993 (268 posts) - - Show Bio

Long hair is the best

#23 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio
@angeldust616 said:

@xerox-kitty said:

Rocking It AoA Style

@angeldust616 said:

@xerox-kitty: eh, I've always liked it :P

I never said you weren't allowed to like it :p

@Dragoness1993 said:

I like Cyclops' hair in AoA

Yeah, the long hair to cover up the missing eye was a nice touch. A lot of the AoA designs were better than their regular 616 counterparts ;)

I miss the look with the hair. It's more natural. I guess people can say that the blue body condom is more aerodynamic, but as he's not a flier (and looks like a total idiot when lying around with a jetpack), then there's no need to smooth him over from top-to-toe.

I never said you said I wasn't allowed to like it, lol :P

With you on some of the AoA designs being better than the 616 counterparts, the AoA style Nightcrawler and Magneto are personal favorites. Personally, I didn't like the long hair on Cyke, I prefer his hair the way it was during Joss Whedon's run on Astonishing.

I've always dug the black and yellow X-Men outfit on Cyke.

While I do like Cyclops's current look, I wouldn't mind seeing him switch over to the black and yellow outfit he wore during Morrison's New X-Men and Whedon's Astonishing (as seen in my avatar). Though I suppose that was more of a "casual" appearance and not really meant for superhero shenanigans.

Why does everyone give Cyclops so much grief over the "blue condom" when characters like Spider-Man and Daredevil wear costumes that could just as easily be mocked in the same fashion? Spider-Man wears a red and blue spider-condom. Daredevil in particular wears almost EXACTLY the same style of costume. His is just red instead of blue, and has little devil horns.

Am I the only one who though the jetpack was awesome? Probably. x]

QFT
#24 Posted by Samimista (20578 posts) - - Show Bio

He looked good with his hair.

#25 Posted by God_Spawn (37184 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel so alone, as if I'm the only one that doesn't mind his current costume.

Moderator Online
#26 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn: His current costume is fine, he just needs his head visible, like this;

Perfect Cyclops Look. The shoulder design looks great too.
#27 Posted by God_Spawn (37184 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@god_spawn: His current costume is fine, he just needs his head visible, like this;

Yeah that does look pretty cool. The shoulder desiign kinda looks like one of those old armor shoulder pads.
Moderator Online
#28 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn: I know, I love it ^_^
#29 Posted by God_Spawn (37184 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@god_spawn: I know, I love it ^_^
lol, Cykes is awesome.
Moderator Online
#30 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn: Heck yes =D
#31 Posted by God_Spawn (37184 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: He shouldve been in MVC3.
Moderator Online
#32 Posted by VesKaGan (103 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Yeah! Exactly this! The costume's great, but definitely lacks hair.
#33 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn: Preaching to the converted, mate.
#34 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7561 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always liked the costume he has now, the hair is good though, reminds me of the series.

#35 Posted by ApatheticAvenger (1636 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn: Hopefully we'll see him in some DLC. Magneto, Cyclops, and Deadpool? EPICNESS!
#36 Posted by God_Spawn (37184 posts) - - Show Bio
@angeldust616 said:
@god_spawn: Hopefully we'll see him in some DLC. Magneto, Cyclops, and Deadpool? EPICNESS!
GOD YES .
Moderator Online
#37 Posted by Lion_Heart22 (446 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss the hair as well..

Though you could always watch the X-Men anime if you're feeling down about it hehe

#38 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

I am sorry you don't have any hair.

#39 Posted by maikkywin (100 posts) - - Show Bio

Cy is such a douche .

#40 Posted by Lion_Heart22 (446 posts) - - Show Bio

@maikkywin: Yeah, I hate how he always goes, bursting into a character's specific forum just to talk smack about that character. Yep, that's what I call a douche.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.