Follow

Cyborg

Character » Cyborg appears in 2943 issues.

Half man, half machine - all hero! After a near fatal incident, Victor Stone was cybernetically enhanced by his father. He now possesses the ability to communicate, manipulate, and interface with nearly all forms of technology. As he is constantly upgrading, he promises to defend the future from any threat. He is also a founding member of the Teen Titans and in some continuities, the Justice League.

Why It Would Be A GREAT Idea To Give Cyborg an Ongoing Series

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Edited By Captain13

Why It Would Be A GREAT Idea To Give Cyborg an Ongoing Series

No Caption Provided

With the restructuring of the DC timeline by the events in Flashpoint, there have been numerous changes made to the DC Universe--including the addition of Cyborg to the origin of the Justice League. His inclusion as a founding member has added a wealth of story-telling possibilities to the DCU.

No Caption Provided

Cyborg was created by Marv Wolfman and George Pérez, and he debuted in DC Comics Presents #26. In every interpretation of his origin story, Victor Stone has been a character blessed with immense potential and cursed by great tragedy.Victor’s parents experimented on him when he was a young child so that they could find ways to enhance human potential. Their experiments were successful, but Victor did not want to follow the path that they set out for him. Instead, he pursued his own dreams of achieving athletic greatness. In the DCnU, we see Victor on the way to attaining success before his entire world is torn apart by Darkseid’s invasion of Earth. Caught in a blast of Boom Tube energy, Victor slowly begins to die until his father saves him with an experimental procedure involving extraterrestrial technology. Despite being faced with shattered dreams and a new reality, Victor becomes a shining example of perseverance through adversity. He rises from the wreckage of tragedy to be reborn as Cyborg—a hero for those in need.

So Why is Cyborg Such An Interesting Character?

Cyborg’s story is one of post-humanism, heroism, and love. After his accident, Cyborg grew distant from humanity. Half of him yearns to walk among normal humans and to be accepted by them, while the other half of him knows that he is no longer one of them. Half of him yearns to reconnect with his estranged father Silas Stone, but the other half of him knows the Silas is more interested in his mechanics than his humanity. This leaves Victor with low level depression, which he masks by going through life as a workaholic. He’s a hero who’s always online—and that’s not always a good thing. Cyborg’s journey revolves around him once again finding love—for his father, for Sarah Charles, and for himself.

Why Is He A Prime Candidate For An Ongoing Series?

Cyborg has a fascinating supporting cast. We’ve seen glimpse of them in the new DCU. His father works in the Red Room, where scientists study alien technology that has been recovered from around the world. Silas Stone works with Sarah Charles (a rising star in Star Labs), T.O. Morrow(creator of Tomorrow Woman), and Anthony Ivo (creator of Amazo). His cast also includes Mr. Orr (founder of the Phantom Limbs). And that's probably just a fraction of the characters who are tied to Cyborg.

There are also several Cyborg-related questions that haven’t been answered yet. Why did Victor’s parents feel the need to experiment on him? What happened to Victor’s mother in the DCnU? What happened to Ivo? Can Morrow be trusted?

Finally, with no Oracle in the DCnU, someone needs to fill the role of chief information broker.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By InnerVenom123

Cancelled in less than a year.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Superdork

I'd definitely read it! It would need a really good creative team though--but he probably would since he's an important member in the DC Universe now. DC wouldn't shoot themselves in the foot like that.

For writers, I could see Mark Waid, Jeff Lemire, Geoff Johns, Darwyn Cooke, Mark Millar, Scott Lobdell, or Paul Cornell.

For artists, I could see Tony Daniel, Kenneth Rocafort, Bryan Hitch, Philip Tan, Ken Lashley, Marcus To, or Ethan van Schiver.

Very well written reasons for why Cyborg should get an ongoing series. I can feel your love for the character.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sethysquare

I would definitely read a Cyborg ongoing.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Lvenger

@Superdork said:

I'd definitely read it! It would need a really good creative team though--but he probably would since he's an important member in the DC Universe now.

Not yet he isn't. He has a ways to go before he reaches the level of characterisation he had prior to the reboot, particularly in Wolfman's Titans series.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Superdork

@Lvenger said:

@Superdork said:

I'd definitely read it! It would need a really good creative team though--but he probably would since he's an important member in the DC Universe now.

Not yet he isn't. He has a ways to go before he reaches the level of characterisation he had prior to the reboot, particularly in Wolfman's Titans series.

That's why it would be a good idea to have an ongoing series. He doesn't get enough spotlight in Justice League. To be fair though, none of the characters other than Green Lantern, Batman, and Flash do either.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By z3ro180

no i think cyborg is a boaring character

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lvenger

@Superdork said:

@Lvenger said:

@Superdork said:

That's why it would be a good idea to have an ongoing series. He doesn't get enough spotlight in Justice League. To be fair though, none of the characters other than Green Lantern, Batman, and Flash do either.

If DC do decide to give Cyborg an ongoing, it'll be in the next few waves of cancellations and introductions or so. Also why are Darkseid and Amazo supporting cast members? Darkseid's been shoved into being involved with Cyborg when he has way more story potential than being a supporting cast member and Amazo's more of a League villain than a Cyborg foe. Just like with MM, it's gonna be difficult coming up with villains for Cyborg to face.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Superdork

@Lvenger said:

@Superdork said:

@Lvenger said:

@Superdork said:

If DC do decide to give Cyborg an ongoing, it'll be in the next few waves of cancellations and introductions or so. Also why are Darkseid and Amazo supporting cast members? Darkseid's been shoved into being involved with Cyborg when he has way more story potential than being a supporting cast member and Amazo's more of a League villain than a Cyborg foe. Just like with MM, it's gonna be difficult coming up with villains for Cyborg to face.

Darkseid because they're connected.

No Caption Provided

And he wouldn't just be a side character. If he were involved at all, he'd be a big, behind the scenes threat like Krona was for Green Lantern.

And Amazo because Anthony Ivo (creator of Amazo) works(ed) with Silas Stone before he went off the rails.

Finally, it wouldn't be as difficult to come up with new villains to fight as it is for Martian Manhunter, because Cyborg could realistically be defeated. MMH souldn't with all of his abilities. He's overpowered IMHO.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By OutlawRenegade

I've been saying that he needs his own ongoing title since Flashpoint! I would pay buttloads of money for it. I mean at least give the guy a back-up story in Justice League or Superman. His development in Justice League has been too slow.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lvenger

@Superdork said:

@Lvenger said:

@Superdork said:

@Lvenger said:

@Superdork said:

Darkseid because they're connected.

No Caption Provided

And he wouldn't just be a side character. If he were involved at all, he'd be a big, behind the scenes threat like Krona was for Green Lantern.

And Amazo because Anthony Ivo (creator of Amazo) works(ed) with Silas Stone before he went off the rails.

Finally, it wouldn't be as difficult to come up with new villains to fight as it is for Martian Manhunter, because Cyborg could realistically be defeated. MMH souldn't with all of his abilities. He's overpowered IMHO.

But neither of them fit, Darkseid especially. He should be involved in cosmic shenanigans with the New Gods, not as a back bencher on Cyborg. I can think of plenty of other much better places Darkseid should be in the New 52 rather than in a Cyborg title. As for Amazo, that's a bit more conceivable.

Avatar image for johnkmccubbin91
    johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 672

User Lists: 103

#11  Edited By johnkmccubbin91

I would like too see that as although he is my lest favourite JL character I think it's a bit insulting he's the only one without one when there are a lot of worse series in the New 52

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I really like Cyborg.

So an ongoing for a bit would be cool.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mega_spidey01

i'd check it out.

tcJackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By tcJackal

I'm down for a Cyborg ongoing

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By Strafe Prower

I don't know that it would sell.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Twentyfive

@johnkmccubbin91 said:

I would like too see that as although he is my lest favourite JL character I think it's a bit insulting he's the only one without one when there are a lot of worse series in the New 52

I felt that way, but now I respect DC for biding their time for a Cyborg story. Waiting for a good, consistent talent to weave a solid story, rather than rushing it because he's a member of the big 7. I agree there are worse things in the new 52 at the moment.

@Captain13: Cap 13. Don't worry man. Haters hate. It's in their nature. When people do something right, or recognizable, they generate hate amongst others. Your Idea is amazing, and that would be my number one new 52 priority.

Also, I think his intelligence should be increased to genius levels, with information flowing through his mind rapidly, as a result of having a mind that is part machine. That would help emphasize his importance as a Leaguer and character, other than being another DC powerhouse character.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#17  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Hit the nail on the head once again, so looking forward the Cyborg's solo. I think I might try and to make one for MM, if you don't mind me stealing your idea.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AtPhantom

@Captain13 said:

Cyborg has a fascinating supporting cast. We’ve seen glimpse of them in the new DCU. His father works in the Red Room, where scientists study alien technology that has been recovered from around the world. Silas Stone works with Sarah Charles (a rising star in Star Labs), T.O. Morrow(creator of Tomorrow Woman), Anthony Ivo (creator of Amazo), and William Magnus (creator of theMetal Men). His cast also includes Mr. Orr (founder of the Phantom Limbs) and Darkseid (the conqueror who changed Victor’s life forever).

You do realize that none of these are actually his supporting cast, right?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By dernman

I don't think it will work out. If they do attempt a book they should at least test the waters in DC Presents or Backups before going ahead. I don't think Darkseid should be his villain. It's to much. Darkseid should be a JLA/New Gods/DCU villain.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By fodigg

If they're going to make him a founding JL member, they should treat him like one. He absolutely should have a book. He should be a flagship character.

Avatar image for johnkmccubbin91
    johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 672

User Lists: 103

#21  Edited By johnkmccubbin91

@Twentyfive: Yeah I think it would be better waiting for good writer/artist rather than rush it

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Captain13

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

Hit the nail on the head once again, so looking forward the Cyborg's solo. I think I might try and to make one for MM, if you don't mind me stealing your idea.

That would be cool. Let me know when it's done. =]

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Captain13

@Twentyfive: Thanks for the support!

JohnnyWalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By JohnnyWalker

@InnerVenom123: more like half a year

@Superdork: just because they're shoving him down our throats at every turns doesnt hes important in the DCnU. he was a plot element in the first JLA arc but now.......... nothing.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By OutlawRenegade

It's really cool to see that a majority of people dig this idea. Cyborg really does deserve a solo book.

Congrats on getting highlighted on the front page!

onyxwave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By onyxwave

First off, I want to say great idea. I've been thinking this for years already, but now that the character has been brought to the forefront since Flashpoint, it makes 1000x more sense now! The main key is that he needs a kick@$$ creative team. Technology always looks better when you have an artist that depicts every detail well and is a master of drawing correct proportions at all viewing angles (a Jim Lee or a George Perez type artist) plus a writer than understands tech and how it truly relates to the human condition, both the pros and cons so that this can be greatly exploited in the storytelling. As long as you have a great writer you can almost make anyone a supporting character. Remember when Ka-Zar was relaunched by creative team Mark Waid & Andy Kubert (RIP Joe Kubert)? They had Thanos as a supporting character during that run and it was an awesome read. Yes, Thanos is obviously 1000x out of Ka-Zar's league because of his vast powers and cosmic origins, yet it was done well because of the storytelling. Thus, Darkseid doesn't have to be a main villian, though I can totally see him having slight interest in Cyborg since he was created by successfully merging a human with alien tech....what if this interested Darkseid because it gave him a reference point to making cyborg-like slave out of all humans on Earth by way of controlling them through the alien tech. This would greatly expand upon Cyborg's potential story ideas and help to create a much larger than life persona. Just my thoughts.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Captain13

@onyxwave: I agree with your entire post, man. =]

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lvenger

@AtPhantom said:

@Captain13 said:

Cyborg has a fascinating supporting cast. We’ve seen glimpse of them in the new DCU. His father works in the Red Room, where scientists study alien technology that has been recovered from around the world. Silas Stone works with Sarah Charles (a rising star in Star Labs), T.O. Morrow(creator of Tomorrow Woman), Anthony Ivo (creator of Amazo), and William Magnus (creator of theMetal Men). His cast also includes Mr. Orr (founder of the Phantom Limbs) and Darkseid (the conqueror who changed Victor’s life forever).

You do realize that none of these are actually his supporting cast, right?

Orr could be. The rest I do agree with. Shoe horning them in with Cyborg would be a worry.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By OutlawRenegade
    Avatar image for bluelantern1995
    BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#30  Edited By BlueLantern1995

As long as Martian Manhunter gets his own series before... I don't care...

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By fodigg

@BlueLantern1995 said:

You know...call me crazy...but a duo book with those two might actually work. They're both outsiders but in very different ways. It wouldn't be an "odd couple" setup but it could be a "buddy" setup. Cyborg in the DCnU is basically made out of alien tech too, so it wouldn't take much of a stretch to add in a reason for them to work together. Especially now that MM has ditched Stormwatch.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Superdork

@BlueLantern1995 said:

Why would you bring up Martian Manhunter in a thread about Cyborg? *sigh* Martian Manhunter fanboys have officially surpassed Storm and Batman fanboys on Comicvine. Please take your ball and go home.

As I said earlier, I would spend crazy money on a Cyborg solo book--single issues and trades. Make it happen, DC.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33  Edited By Zeeguy91

I would definitely like to see one. I'm hoping that it could be done, but like some others have already said, I think it would only work well if they gave it to the proper creative team. Not Johns because he already has enough on his plate. Same with Snyder for the same reason. I'd like to see someone who could focus on the loss of humanity that is inherent in Cyborg's character. I'd also like to see just a little bit of that bitterness and anger, which was there in Cyborgs's character during his early New Teen Titans days brought back. Not so much to conflict with how he acts in JL, but just emought to show that he is still somewhat ,ad about being made an outcast. And, I have to agree with some of the others. Darkseid is too big (not to mention powerful) of a character for Cyborg to even begin taking on by himself. Dark serif should really stick to appearing in Justice League or at last in books where you know that he's going to have a universe-wide presence with lasting implications.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Captain13

@Zeeguy91: What about Jeff Lemire? He seems perfect.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35  Edited By Zeeguy91

@Captain13: Idk. Maybe. But, then again, Lemire seems to have a lot on his plate as well. He's already penning two ongoing series (Animal Man and JLD). Plus, he seems to be more accustomed to dark, horror type stories than anything. However, I could be wrong. I did read the first part of his "Nucleus" story starring the Atom and I enjoyed it. I never got the chance to finish it, but I imagine it must have been good. If Lemire could do something like that with Cyborg, I'd be interested. However, I was thinking someone more along the lines of Higgins. I really like Higgins' current run on Nightwing and I think that there are many parallels between Dick and Victor as characters. Dick is an orphan, Victor is a self-imposed orphan due to his strained relationship with his dad. Both of them are young heroes, trying to get on their feet, as it were (which is probably a strong suit of Higgins' because he is actually at around the same age). And finally, I feel that a major new similarity has been added recently now that Dick is faced with an identity crisis (the Talon thing). Of course, Victor's characterization would focus more on adjusting to being made an outcast and the scars of having a father who never really supported him, but I really think Higgins could do something with that. Plus, best part is that he's not doing anything else at the moment, so we know he won't really have to stretch to deliver for both Nightwing and Cyborg.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#36  Edited By the_tree

Sounds like a good idea to me. If DC is going to continue to push Cyborg as an A-lister, then they might as well treat him like one. With this sudden importance of Cyborg, he needs to be expanded upon, and a solo is really the only way to do it since there's no room in Justice League to just solely focus on him. I'm actually surprised DC hasn't given him one, you'd think making him a League founder would warrant him getting one, and with all the s### books DC has given a chance recently, you'd also think they'd at least give Vic a shot.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ArtisticNeedham
    No Caption Provided

Love your ideas. I agree. Cyborg deserves his own title. He feels a little unused in the JLA comic.

I would love to see AMAZO, and his creation, to have a real tie to Cyborg. Almost similar to Black Adam and Captain Marvel or Hal and Sinestro. Maybe AMAZO could become his great arch enemy, and there could even be moments where to two foes actually commiserate like Hal and Sinestro do. AMAZO could even be presented as more of a thinker here than in the old DCU and maybe see Cyborg as a brother who should work with him. And I also want to see the Metal Men's creation, and many of the mechanical/cybernetic/robotic creations of the DCU to have ties to Cyborg, like Red Tornado.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I would also love to see them go more into his character, what does he do when he isn't with the League. does he wear normal clothing ever? Does he eat, shower? Live a normal life? Have friends outside of the league? If he is always on, does that mean he works with the cops all the time? Does he work as a city's superhero?

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#38  Edited By takashichea

I haven't read much comics, but I'm big fan of Cyborg. I would definitely read his comic book series.

Avatar image for emperormeister734
    Emperormeister734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 10

I'll read it just make it last as long as possible and they don't cancel it

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Captain13

@ArtisticNeedham said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Love your ideas. I agree. Cyborg deserves his own title. He feels a little unused in the JLA comic.

I would love to see AMAZO, and his creation, to have a real tie to Cyborg. Almost similar to Black Adam and Captain Marvel or Hal and Sinestro. Maybe AMAZO could become his great arch enemy, and there could even be moments where to two foes actually commiserate like Hal and Sinestro do. AMAZO could even be presented as more of a thinker here than in the old DCU and maybe see Cyborg as a brother who should work with him. And I also want to see the Metal Men's creation, and many of the mechanical/cybernetic/robotic creations of the DCU to have ties to Cyborg, like Red Tornado.

I would also love to see them go more into his character, what does he do when he isn't with the League. does he wear normal clothing ever? Does he eat, shower? Live a normal life? Have friends outside of the league? If he is always on, does that mean he works with the cops all the time? Does he work as a city's superhero?

The Cyborg vs Android thing could really be pushed--what makes a sentient being human. I like your entire post.

@Zeeguy91 said:

@Captain13: Idk. Maybe. But, then again, Lemire seems to have a lot on his plate as well. He's already penning two ongoing series (Animal Man and JLD). Plus, he seems to be more accustomed to dark, horror type stories than anything. However, I could be wrong. I did read the first part of his "Nucleus" story starring the Atom and I enjoyed it. I never got the chance to finish it, but I imagine it must have been good. If Lemire could do something like that with Cyborg, I'd be interested. However, I was thinking someone more along the lines of Higgins. I really like Higgins' current run on Nightwing and I think that there are many parallels between Dick and Victor as characters. Dick is an orphan, Victor is a self-imposed orphan due to his strained relationship with his dad. Both of them are young heroes, trying to get on their feet, as it were (which is probably a strong suit of Higgins' because he is actually at around the same age). And finally, I feel that a major new similarity has been added recently now that Dick is faced with an identity crisis (the Talon thing). Of course, Victor's characterization would focus more on adjusting to being made an outcast and the scars of having a father who never really supported him, but I really think Higgins could do something with that. Plus, best part is that he's not doing anything else at the moment, so we know he won't really have to stretch to deliver for both Nightwing and Cyborg.

Not a bad choice, but I think that he'd need a big name creator to bring more readers over--at least initially. I could see Johns leaving Aquaman after 24 issues to write Cyborg. He did leave Flash and Action Comics after all.

I could see Azzarello being good for the title. He could really flush out the villains and the psychologies of the characters.

J. Michael Straczynski--if he mixed weirdness and humanity like he did on his Thor run--could be good too.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

@Captain13: Thanks. I love the supporting cast written about here, especially the idea that Ivo, and T.O. Marrow. Got me thinking how their creations could be heavily connected to Cyborg. And I love the idea that AMAZO could see him as a brother and they fight and talk and AMAZO tries to convince him to join his fight and Cyborg tries to convince him to join his. And I love the idea that Cyborg's comic would be all about life, and what qualifies as life in the New 52. This is a fun thread!

No Caption Provided
    Red Tornado and Cyborg
    Red Tornado and Cyborg
    Like a Brother?
    Like a Brother?
    No Caption Provided
    infonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#42  Edited By infonation

@Captain13: Cyborg should indeed get his own comic! If only because it's about time he did!

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Mega_spidey01

@Emperormeister734 said:

I'll read it just make it last as long as possible and they don't cancel it

The Sadhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#44  Edited By The Sadhu

Great article!

Been a Cyborg fan myself for a few years now!

I would be behind a Cyborg series

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By sethysquare

My question is why don't you guys wanna use the real Cyborg's picture?

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Superdork
    OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@ArtisticNeedham said:

No Caption Provided
    Red Tornado and Cyborg
    Red Tornado and Cyborg
    Like a Brother?
    Like a Brother?
    No Caption Provided

@Captain13: Thanks. I love the supporting cast written about here, especially the idea that Ivo, and T.O. Marrow. Got me thinking how their creations could be heavily connected to Cyborg. And I love the idea that AMAZO could see him as a brother and they fight and talk and AMAZO tries to convince him to join his fight and Cyborg tries to convince him to join his. And I love the idea that Cyborg's comic would be all about life, and what qualifies as life in the New 52. This is a fun thread!

Yeah, I'm really happy that this thread got featured or else I may have missed out on the fun! Cyborg and Amazo could be dark reflections of one another. One of them is a man who is becoming a machine--he fights to retain his humanity. He wants to turn off his power. Amazo should be written as the complete opposite. He's a machine made to look like a man--and he can't deal with all of the emotions--kind of a reverse sociopath. He finds a way to turn them off and become a sociopath. He should be power hungry.

I'd also love for Cyborg to be friends with Red Tornado and the Metal Men!

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By sethysquare

@Superdork said:

@sethysquare: His real pitcure from the 1980s was used. His modern one probably wasn't because that costume sucks. See how much support this new costume has gotten at its deviantart page:

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=justice+league#/d5b6kk1

DC should take note.

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?374419-The-Official-Cyborg-(a-k-a-Vic-Stone)-Respect-Thread!/page33

ew. no. It looks crappy. I like the new one. He looks so much cooler and buffer. All the other redesigns make him look like a skinny chicken.

Also, the 80s one, he is wearing a leotard with silver garters.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This is absolutely beautiful

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Lvenger

@sethysquare: It's a little bit clunky but it's better than the design Captain13 came up with in my opinion. And the second scan provided is even better I have to say. Less clunky but combines the cybernetic parts of him with a sleekness the New 52 costume fails to do.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By sethysquare

@Lvenger said:

@sethysquare: It's a little bit clunky but it's better than the design Captain13 came up with in my opinion. And the second scan provided is even better I have to say. Less clunky but combines the cybernetic parts of him with a sleekness the New 52 costume fails to do.

Not sure why Clunky is being seemed as a bad thing. Iron Man is totally Clunky and people are fine with it. Its also really up to artist interpretation. This artist can't get a few of the characters as they were supposed to. Batman's face and belt looks a lil weird. Not totally feeling Aquaman as well. But its a great effort. Look at what DC can do with the new outfit. Its gorgeous.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.