Why Are People Still Upset That Cyborg Replaced Martian Manhunter

• 73 results
#51 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34994 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

His character is the same! Him joining the League dose not make or brake him. The JLA will survive without him as will they him. Moaning fanboys don't like it because any tiny change and they cry in to there Deadpool bed sheets at night.

Of course the JLA will survive it, but it doesn't mean people have to like it. Personally I could care less about MM's place on JLA, but Cyborg was forced into the spot and he still feels completely out of place.

I don't think he feels out of place in any way
#52 Edited by Rumble Man (11073 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaptainUseless said:

@Twentyfive said:

You MMH fans are funny. He is still in the comics. I have no problem with Cyborg being a founding member. He has some cool powers. If it was some other dude who's powers weren't cool, and who's back story was going to suck, I'd have a problem.

Besides, what is the point of a reboot if you tell the same stories over and over again?

Life goes on, whether or not you like that MMH has been replaced. It isn't the whole world.

Exactly.

Well reactions would not be the same if they change Alfred in batman

#53 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

His character is the same! Him joining the League dose not make or brake him. He will survive without the JLA as will they him. Moaning fanboys don't like it because any tiny change and they cry in to there Deadpool bed sheets at night.

where can I get those??? :D

#54 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

I do.

#55 Posted by Rumble Man (11073 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

I do.

seconded

#56 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34994 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rumble Man said:

@ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

I do.

seconded

I dont see how but al right then
#57 Edited by OutlawRenegade (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

@OutlawRenegade: because it like replacing thor from the avengers with d-man. and plus they take away the team's mental defences. and cyborg is just one of the many 'got into an accident turned cyborg' stories. MM is a FREAKING MARTIAN.

Aquaman has room to show off his psych abililties more. Plus MM is nowhere near as popular as Thor. If he were, then he could hold his own book. It's more like replacing Vision for Storm--in that Vision filled the same role on the Avengers, but can't hold a book and Storm is a mainstay on another team.

I just think that Geoff Johns has greater faith that Cy can hold an ongoing, which is why the back-up material in Justice League is so fascinating. I think that he could have a fantastic solo, but fans dislike him for a choice he couldn't make.

Why do people think he replaced MM instead of think that MM didn't want to be on the league and preferred Stormwatch?

#58 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

You MMH fans are funny. He is still in the comics. I have no problem with Cyborg being a founding member. He has some cool powers. If it was some other dude who's powers weren't cool, and who's back story was going to suck, I'd have a problem.

Besides, what is the point of a reboot if you tell the same stories over and over again?

Life goes on, whether or not you like that MMH has been replaced. It isn't the whole world.

#59 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man said:

@ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

I do.

seconded

Have you read #9 he felt allot more in place there but prior to that I agree that him being there felt forced and it probably will fluctuate between feeling forced and feeling right in the coming issues, but as of the last issue it feels right

#60 Posted by BatWatch (3034 posts) - - Show Bio

Jonn has historically been a member of the Justice League. To remove him from that role greatly lessens his impact in the DCU and is basically an F U to fans of DC continuity in general and fans of Martian Manhunter in particular. I fall into the first category.

#61 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

@PsychoKnights said:

Jonn has historically been a member of the Justice League. To remove him from that role greatly lessens his impact in the DCU and is basically an F U to fans of DC continuity in general and fans of Martian Manhunter in particular. I fall into the first category.

How do you feel about COIE then? Same deal. And he could have a greater influence now that he's not surrounded my more popular characters.

#62 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@Rumble Man said:

@ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

I do.

seconded

Have you read #9 he felt allot more in place there but prior to that I agree that him being there felt forced and it probably will fluctuate between feeling forced and feeling right in the coming issues, but as of the last issue it feels right

Yeah, issue 9 should have been issue 1. They should have told the origin like three story arcs into the series. Like Batman Year One or Green Lantern Secret Origin.

#63 Posted by The Stegman (25989 posts) - - Show Bio
I personally have no problem with it, people just like to complain.
#64 Posted by StarKiller809 (1213 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm okay with these changes but I like the Martian better. I think Cyborg should been involved with the Teen Titans and I think that probably made a few people mad. I also think Martian Manhunter was a character that really worked on the Justice League and I don't think that Cyborg could even do as much as he did for the team. I think that Martian Manhunter was screwed in this relaunch. He got kicked out of the founding members only to attack the team only to end up on a team of people who watch Storms... 

#65 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade said:

@BlackArmor said:

@Rumble Man said:

@ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

I do.

seconded

Yeah, issue 9 should have been issue 1. They should have told the origin like three story arcs into the series. Like Batman Year One or Green Lantern Secret Origin.

Agreed, everything before issue 9 was seemed pointless and kind of bad in comparison, it was the first really good and focused issue

#66 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@OutlawRenegade said:

@BlackArmor said:

@Rumble Man said:

@ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

I do.

seconded

Agreed, everything before issue 9 was seemed pointless and kind of bad in comparison, it was the first really good and focused issue

Woah, Woah, hold the press. There was a good JLA issue? Why hasn't it made it to the national news?

Seriously though, it was just OK, imo.

#67 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

Woah, Woah, hold the press. There was a good JLA issue? Why hasn't it made it to the national news?

Seriously though, it was just OK, imo.

True it was only okay but it was so much more okay than the previous 8 issues that it still represents something great, as well as being so much better in comparison automatically raises it's okay status to the greatest single issue of any comic ever pretty good

#68 Posted by Agent9149 (2868 posts) - - Show Bio

Its time for things to evolve and change; everything can't just stay the same. People are acting like Jonn was just pushed off the face of the earth, no he's in the fabulous team called stormwatch and they are by far epic.

#69 Posted by Captain13 (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Cyborg is a Teen Titan. He was created for that team specifically.

#70 Posted by ganon15 (1864 posts) - - Show Bio
#71 Posted by CrazyScarecrow (1753 posts) - - Show Bio

Because the Martian Manhunter is the Justice League. He has been described as the heart of the League. The League has been described as J'onn's adoptive family. He has been in League since the beginning. Even before Superman and Batman were actually considered members he was there. Plus Martian Manhunter is just an awesome and interesting characters when it comes to his history and powers.

Anyway Cyborg was created for the Teen Titans and will and always will be a staple to the Teen Titans. Anyway DC is barely doing anything when it comes to Cyborg being the League. He barely does stuff in the comic, he'll be in one animated film, and he has been in a Target commercial with the League. Yet you go look at Tiny Titans there is Cyborg. DC is working on a Teen Titans show and Cyborg is there. Cyborg even mentioned being being part of the Titans in Injustice and on CN they mentioned he was apart of the Teen Titans during character bio segment. DC is showing more of Cyborg with the Titans more than with the League basically replacing Martian Manhunter for no reason, but for the need of diversity. He is nothing more than a modern day Snapper Carr.

It ruined both of the characters. Martian Manhunter no longer has the Justice League as a family and his amazing connection with the team. Cyborg no longer has his friendship with Beast Boy and the pleasure from a Cyborg fan after seeing him move out of being a Titan and joining the big Leagues through the actual story.

#72 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyborg isn't as liked as the Martian

#73 Edited by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2273 posts) - - Show Bio

Because the Martian Manhunter is the Justice League. He has been described as the heart of the League. The League has been described as J'onn's adoptive family. He has been in League since the beginning. Even before Superman and Batman were actually considered members he was there. Plus Martian Manhunter is just an awesome and interesting characters when it comes to his history and powers.

Anyway Cyborg was created for the Teen Titans and will and always will be a staple to the Teen Titans. Anyway DC is barely doing anything when it comes to Cyborg being the League. He barely does stuff in the comic, he'll be in one animated film, and he has been in a Target commercial with the League. Yet you go look at Tiny Titans there is Cyborg. DC is working on a Teen Titans show and Cyborg is there. Cyborg even mentioned being being part of the Titans in Injustice and on CN they mentioned he was apart of the Teen Titans during character bio segment. DC is showing more of Cyborg with the Titans more than with the League basically replacing Martian Manhunter for no reason, but for the need of diversity. He is nothing more than a modern day Snapper Carr.

It ruined both of the characters. Martian Manhunter no longer has the Justice League as a family and his amazing connection with the team. Cyborg no longer has his friendship with Beast Boy and the pleasure from a Cyborg fan after seeing him move out of being a Titan and joining the big Leagues through the actual story.

@kgb725 said:

Cyborg isn't as liked as the Martian

Both of you guys nailed it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.