Follow

Cyborg

Character » Cyborg appears in 2943 issues.

Half man, half machine - all hero! After a near fatal incident, Victor Stone was cybernetically enhanced by his father. He now possesses the ability to communicate, manipulate, and interface with nearly all forms of technology. As he is constantly upgrading, he promises to defend the future from any threat. He is also a founding member of the Teen Titans and in some continuities, the Justice League.

Who likes/not likes cyborg

• 60 results
    king1_icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

If you dont like him please explain and also would you like him more if he was like he was on teen titans but just more mature. Also if you dont like please say what it would take for you to like him.

MRhairE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think he is a great character and really enjoyed the justice league forever evil tie ins that focused on Cyborg/ the metal men. the scenes with him and his father Silas Stone were really touching and I am red wings fan and loved his new made in Detroit stamp.

i think the problem is that DC is just afraid that he can't carry his own book series and to be fair he doesn't have the best rogue gallery... you have deathstroke from titans and the new 52 i guess darkseid being responsible for his accident but I just dont think he as a list of notable villains to fight regularly. A great writer could carry him but it might be a hard sell.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
    BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The only fans Cyborg has are lizard people. That is law.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

MRhairE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagmar_merrill: I can go on record and say I am not a Lizard person ( not sure what that means) and I like him a lot. people today are glued to their phones and tablets and super dependent on technology... cyborg literally is technology whether he likes it or not. If and big IF but if he has a good writer he could easily have a great series that today shows how technology controls us and give a reflection of it through a great young hero

LarryAshlynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked cyborg as a kid with the teen titans cartoon, and I like him now with Justice League.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like above mention, I enjoyed his character on the Teen Titans cartoon other than that I'm rather indifferent towards Cyborg I don't hate him nor is he among my favorites.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

He's my favorite Justice Leageur. He's the character whose personality I like the most, whose backstory I find the most compelling and sympathetic, he even has the coolest costume (Maybe Batman has a cooler one, but I hate Batman as a character, so yeah)

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrhaire said:

@dagmar_merrill: I can go on record and say I am not a Lizard person ( not sure what that means) and I like him a lot. people today are glued to their phones and tablets and super dependent on technology... cyborg literally is technology whether he likes it or not. If and big IF but if he has a good writer he could easily have a great series that today shows how technology controls us and give a reflection of it through a great young hero

Confirmed for lizard person.

king1_icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrhaire said:

you just dont like him because he is black

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Howd i know itd be this user as the op

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength said:

@mrhaire said:

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

He's definitely not one of my favorite characters, but he can be pretty cool at times.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

i think he's pretty interesting.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength said:

@mrhaire said:

What's up with you and always focusing on black characters? If I didn't like Spider-Man would it be because he is of white ethnicity? I for one, do not like Cyborg at all. However I like T'Challa, he's an interesting and good character.

MRhairE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagmar_merrill: ok sorry I just started finally posing and I have always read the site and I seriously don't know what being a lizard person means..... as I said I think new 52 forever evil justice league tie in issues did a good job focusing on him AND the metal men with Dr.T.O Morrow and thought it was great. I don't think his race has anything to do with whether or not he is a good character, actions define people.

I think with the right person writing him he would be a good solo series, He just needs more personal villains

p.s make fun of me if you want but I legit do not know what a lizard person means

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By w0nd

@mysticmedivh said:

@king1_icon said:

@beaconofstrength said:

@mrhaire said:

What's up with you and always focusing on black characters? If I didn't like Spider-Man would it be because he is of white ethnicity? I for one, do not like Cyborg at all. However I like T'Challa, he's an interesting and good character.

in all fairness i have noticed him posting on topics about non black characters lately...lol but 90% is still black.

I like the basic idea of cyborg...lately he has been a little bland though...i prefer his personality in injustice. He had the same voice actor as the animated one but wasn't as immature.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king1_icon: I guess I hate Blade because he's black, too. And John Stewart. And Brother Voodoo. And Steel. And Bronze Tiger. And Simon Baz. And Firestorm. The list could go on since I'm a black-hating white man, who wan'ts the black man to fail. Good job bringing race into this.

Would @saren happen to be interested in this thread?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrhaire: I was just joking. I do think cyborg had potential to be interesting. Preferably away from Geoff Johns but that's just me.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrhaire: The Lizard person is a joke. Don't worry. You're fine.

MUFC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i liked him more on animated teen titans.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

I liked him a lot in Teen Titans and I believe that the comics version has potential and I really want that potential to be realized. So while I can't 100% say I'm a fan, I can say I'm a supporter. I also always enjoy getting the chance to play as him in video games and see him in alt media.

MRhairE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength: @dagmar_merrill: hahaha thank you just making sure I wasn't getting made into a Jabroni for being new. Cyborg is great but other than Deathstroke and Darkseid kinda because of the new 52 I am not sure if he has enough grade-A villains for him to fight in a solo series... I love the idea in spirit but just don't think DC will take the chance on him, they rather have 20 batman and green Lantern related titles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king1_icon: I guess I hate Blade because he's black, too. And John Stewart. And Brother Voodoo. And Steel. And Bronze Tiger. And Simon Baz. And Firestorm. The list could go on since I'm a black-hating white man, who wan'ts the black man to fail. Good job bringing race into this.

Ronnie and Stein are the only good Firestorm.

king1_icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes let a mod come and see you calling everybody who likes cyborg lizard people :) although saren will likely nor do anything about that

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@king1_icon: Except I was joking, you're actually serious. I even told the person I called a lizard person it was a joke and said he was fine. You openly called me a racist, since I don't like a black character you like.

Gold star.

If Saren thinks I went too far making a joke, that's fine with me.

king1_icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beaconofstrength: people like you interest me a lot. you threw out a random insult first and i did not calla mod on you. but you call a mod in here because i said something back to you? and you only called saren because you know he will over look you throwing out the first insult lol how clever.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king1_icon: Except I was joking. I admitted that. Although, I don't expect you to understand that.

MRhairE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MRhairE

jeez... do all comicvine threads end this badly?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 juiceboks  Moderator

He was my all time favorite character in the Teen Titans cartoon, and halfway through the series I picked up a good amount of old school Teen Titans comics. As sad as it may be I have to admit I prefer his cartoon portrayal over his comic iteration. The cartoon did a much better job fleshing out his character and he had plenty of episodes and scenes dedicated to just that because there was so much depth to him. That and his laid back and "keeping it real" attitude resonated very well with my own. I haven't read that much of his New 52 appearances, and I really hope they did/plan to do what the show did right to him.

king1_icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By king1_icon

@beaconofstrength said:

@king1_icon: Except I was joking, you're actually serious. I even told the person I called a lizard person it was a joke and said he was fine. You openly called me a racist, since I don't like a black character you like.

Gold star.

If Saren thinks I went too far making a joke, that's fine with me.

O thats all it takes? well then i was joking to then :3 but a little advice you cant be a jokster and throw out insults, but then want to call a mod when sombody insult you back. people have called me all kinds of things on here and i have never called a mod. in fact sombody called me stupid and ANOTHER user was going to call a mod on him but i was all like chill dude "calling a mod over somebody calling you stupid is...stupid"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was my all time favorite character in the Teen Titans cartoon, and halfway through the series I picked up a good amount of old school Teen Titans comics. As sad as it may be I have to admit I prefer his cartoon portrayal over his comic iteration. The cartoon did a much better job fleshing out his character and he had plenty of episodes and scenes dedicated to just that because there was so much depth to him. That and his laid back and "keeping it real" attitude resonated very well with my own. I haven't read that much of his New 52 appearances, and I really hope they did/plan to do what the show did right to him.

How about that one episode where he had to go above 100%? Awesome right?

king1_icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrhaire said:

jeez... do all comicvine threads end this badly?

only when you stand up to certain people who are not use to being stood up to. in fact during my younger days on here i would often standing up to batman fanboys but i quickly realize i was fighting a losing battle and gave up. now i just deal with people like @beaconofstrength

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@king1_icon: Except knowing your record, I doubt you were joking. If you really couldn't tell that I was joking, I find that sad. I even told the guy that he was fine for liking Cyborg. Also, you brought in race, since I didn't like a black character. You just really like making drama.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BeaconofStrength
    MRhairE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king1_icon: kinda wish I didnt click on this thread now I won't lie... didn't know how heated it gets over something really stupid. judge a man by his actions not by his color everyone

king1_icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king1_icon: Except knowing your record, I doubt you were joking. If you really couldn't tell that I was joking, I find that sad. I even told the guy that he was fine for liking Cyborg. Also, you brought in race, since I didn't like a black character. You just really like making drama.

yes but you called a mod and i did not. you can dish it out but cant take it in. what if i were joking? you called a mod as soon as i said anything to you i was just like "its between us no need for a mod". so you werent Joking 4 real if you felt a mod was needed imo. especially saren. by calling him were you not making the most drama?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 juiceboks  Moderator

@juiceboks said:

How about that one episode where he had to go above 100%? Awesome right?

Hell yea. I loved the whole "the only limits you have are the one's you put on yourself" lesson towards the end. Very wise words for us all to live through. My favorite Cyborg episode was probably the one when he makes the T-Car and has those bonding moments with Raven who just so happens to be my close second favorite.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king1_icon: I don't care if you insulted me, your drama just gets a bit tiring to me. You openly called me a racist since I don't like Cyborg. You've always created drama when talking about black characters. I also said if Saren thinks I'm in the wrong, I understand that.

Now I'm going to go make some burgers.

king1_icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king1_icon: I don't care if you insulted me, your drama just gets a bit tiring to me. You openly called me a racist since I don't like Cyborg. You've always created drama when talking about black characters. I also said if Saren thinks I'm in the wrong, I understand that.

oh? can you make me some to. i want Lawrys salt on mine and put the cheese on my patty while its cooking so it can already be melted into the the burger. no lettuce lots of hot sauce and mayonnaise. i wash the clothes while your cooking hun...

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By _Atomikill_

@beaconofstrength said:

oh? can you make me some to. i want Lawrys salt on mine and put the cheese on my patty while its cooking so it can already be melted into the the burger. no lettuce lots of hot sauce and mayonnaise. i wash the clothes while your cooking hun...

What?
    What?

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is this OP not banned yet?

Some of the most transparent, obvious, not even trying trolling.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is this OP not banned yet?

Some of the most transparent, obvious, not even trying trolling.

I know, he must be on the border of getting banned...

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I dont like him,he's been unnaturally pushed in to a position he doesn't deserve and it shows.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I've always hated his type.

Part-robots, y'know?

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BeaconofStrength
    ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47  Edited By ComicStooge
    BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JonnytheWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only knew the old cyborg not much from what is written in the past like 7 years. But he was never my favorite and always seemed to be written very thinly with no personality. I guess thats changed but I don't care for him enough to give him a shot. I also don't really care for his design. His initial suit was terrible and even his new suit seems a bit generic. I have seen some decent concepts for him though.....

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#50  Edited By ccraft

@mrhaire said:

I think he is a great character and really enjoyed the justice league forever evil tie ins that focused on Cyborg/ the metal men. the scenes with him and his father Silas Stone were really touching and I am red wings fan and loved his new made in Detroit stamp.

i think the problem is that DC is just afraid that he can't carry his own book series and to be fair he doesn't have the best rogue gallery... you have deathstroke from titans and the new 52 i guess darkseid being responsible for his accident but I just dont think he as a list of notable villains to fight regularly. A great writer could carry him but it might be a hard sell.

Why not make the metal men bad guys so Cyborg could have a rogues gallery, I don't know too much about the metal men team, just an idea.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.