Follow

Cyborg

Character » Cyborg appears in 2940 issues.

Half man, half machine - all hero! After a near fatal incident, Victor Stone was cybernetically enhanced by his father. He now possesses the ability to communicate, manipulate, and interface with nearly all forms of technology. As he is constantly upgrading, he promises to defend the future from any threat. He is also a founding member of the Teen Titans and in some continuities, the Justice League.

NEW 52 WAVE 2: Why does Cyborg still not have an ongoing title?

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Captain13

He's the only big 7 member who doesn't.

Don't Cry, Cy.
    Don't Cry, Cy.
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BatteredArmor

He doesn't have the fan base I guess, I really want him to get one though I would buy it instantly

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#3  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

They may give him one in the future, seeing as his new origins are being told right now in Justice League it could lead to hi having his own title in the future possibly. Just depends on the fan-reaction to his character in JL.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By daredevil21134

I think he should get a shot at one

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#5  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

hopefully he will after he gets more press

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#6  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@daredevil21134 said:

I think he should get a shot at one

A mini-series would probably work, let people get a taste of what an on-going could be like and if it sells well DC could turn it into an actual on-going series.

EugeneSaxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EugeneSaxe

@Adnan: Lack of a fanbase is the BEST reason. Or do you not see that publishing a comic w/o fans = wasted money?

Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Adnan

@EugeneSaxe: Didn't stop them from risking putting out stuff like Resurrection Man or Voodoo titles. I'm sure those characters have fans, but there are many characters who have far larger fanbases than them who haven't even been mentioned in the DCnU yet.

And perhaps I'm alone here, but I feel that the fact that Cyborg's a JL founding member now is enough for many people to atleast try a Cyborg ongoing, if one was available.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Funrush

I think he should get one just cause everyone else has one, not only that, but he's pretty cool. I'm somewhat surprised one wasn't announced for the second wave. With OMAC gone, I would pick it up. Maybe we could use him as a replacement for one of the ten bat-titles. Would you guys like a Cyborg series to replace, say, the Dark Knight?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

He wont get one, DC put him on the JLA to gauge is popularity to see if he could hold his own book without fear of cancellation but with the backlash they have got for putting him on the Justice league, there is no way he will get his own book.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By fodigg

This really does need to happen. If Cyborg is going to be big league, he needs to be treated as such. And his technological bent offers a whole new realm of "transhumanist" themes and mythology that can be explored.

We already have the green and the red in Swamp Thing and Animal Man, we could have technology represented there as well with Cyborg. Perhaps "the blue?" (I initially thought "the black" for tech, but that might be a bit on the nose for the inclusiveness they're trying to accomplish with the character.)

Or they could go the opposite route and tie Cyborg into the space books considering the alien origins of his tech. Or they could do both. Why not?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By kidchipotle

Cyborg doesn't deserve his on-going. Mainly because I went from liking him to hating his guys for taking Manhunters spot in the N52 JLA. He sucks. He should be a titans, not in the JLA. In a nonbaised opinion though, I don't think cyborg would have a successful ongoing because he doesn't really have any enemies or anything and I don't see him having any successful stories. And his fan base isn't that grand. It would be like a mix of Mister Terrific (for the tech) and Static (for the inexperience) [no correlation with both examples being african, like cyborg]

MonkeyToe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13  Edited By MonkeyToe

@spiderbat87 said:

He wont get one, DC put him on the JLA to gauge is popularity to see if he could hold his own book without fear of cancellation but with the backlash they have got for putting him on the Justice league, there is no way he will get his own book.

What backlash?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @MonkeyToe said:

@spiderbat87 said:

He wont get one, DC put him on the JLA to gauge is popularity to see if he could hold his own book without fear of cancellation but with the backlash they have got for putting him on the Justice league, there is no way he will get his own book.

What backlash?

see above your comment or read the ones in the G-Mans "Why Cyborg Deserves To Be In The Justice League" topic
    MonkeyToe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15  Edited By MonkeyToe

@spiderbat87 said:

@MonkeyToe said:

@spiderbat87 said:

What backlash?

see above your comment or read the ones in the G-Mans "Why Cyborg Deserves To Be In The Justice League" topic

Meh. I wouldn't call it "backlash". Obviously there will always people unhappy with change, such is to be expected.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @fodigg said:

This really does need to happen. If Cyborg is going to be big league, he needs to be treated as such. And his technological bent offers a whole new realm of "transhumanist" themes and mythology that can be explored.

We already have the green and the red in Swamp Thing and Animal Man, we could have technology represented there as well with Cyborg. Perhaps "the blue?" (I initially thought "the black" for tech, but that might be a bit on the nose for the inclusiveness they're trying to accomplish with the character.)

Or they could go the opposite route and tie Cyborg into the space books considering the alien origins of his tech. Or they could do both. Why not?

I love this idea, the grey? the silver?
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By ReVamp

@spiderbat87 said:

I'd read his book fer dayz, but I don't like him in the JLA. I don't think that they're correlated at all.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ReVamp

@fodigg said:

The Black is taken, actually.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

I'd read his book fer dayz, but I don't like him in the JLA. I don't think that they're correlated at all.

DC wont see it that way
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ReVamp

@spiderbat87 said:

@ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

DC wont see it that way

I'm not going to lie and say I support their decision to make him part of the JLA fully, just on the off chance they might think that it would give him a chance for the solo books.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

DC wont see it that way

I'm not going to lie and say I support their decision to make him part of the JLA fully, just on the off chance they might think that it would give him a chance for the solo books.

Ok dude
    EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By EdBlank

One of those strange coincidences. Like the Black guy dying first in most movies.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By fodigg

@spiderbat87 said:

@fodigg said:

I love this idea, the grey? the silver?

Those might work best.

@ReVamp said:

@fodigg said:

The Black is taken, actually.

It is? I thought it was just the Green, the Red, and the Rot so far.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ReVamp

@fodigg: I'm pretty sure they stated the Rot is represented by the colour black...

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By fodigg

@ReVamp said:

@fodigg: I'm pretty sure they stated the Rot is represented by the colour black...

Ah. I didn't catch that. I always assumed they were more orange/yellow from how they were drawn in Animal Man, but "black" makes as much sense as anything considering the Rot agents are basically zombies, just like Black Lanterns.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ReVamp

@fodigg: I think it was mentioned in Swamp Thing.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By KainScion

if he had his own series, he would be mr terrific 2 meaning epic fail and wasting good characters along the way like pg for example. plus he doesnt have anything going for him except getting a new origin story. i still think putting him on the jl as a founding member was a douche move from dc. he is literally a nobody in dc, except for a few showings in teen titans. my opinnion.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By Funrush

@KainScion said:

if he had his own series, he would be mr terrific 2 meaning epic fail and wasting good characters along the way like pg for example. plus he doesnt have anything going for him except getting a new origin story. i still think putting him on the jl as a founding member was a douche move from dc. he is literally a nobody in dc, except for a few showings in teen titans. my opinnion.

He was in the Titans for a good amount of years, and has lots of fans who grew up watching the Teen Titans show on Cartoon Network. I'd say quite a few people know him.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By Billy Batson

Because the only black characters that can handle a long term series are Black Panther and Spawn.
    BB

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By KainScion

@Funrush: one problem sport: the cartoon version is not even 5 miles away from the comic version. its on another planet, anime planet. and i dont think he really got much of a fan base from a cartoon. he was the least interesting guy on the team imo. but hey waste a good opportunity to promote an actually good character.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By TheCrowbar

@Billy Batson said:

Because the only black characters that can handle a long term series are Black Panther and Spawn.
    BB

Isn't BP getting cancelled? And Spawn a white dude now?

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Billy Batson

@TheCrowbar said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

Is it? Yes, but he was over 200 issues as the main character.
    BB

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheCrowbar

@Billy Batson said:

@TheCrowbar said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

BB

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/11/17/marvel-moves-x-23-canceled-punishermax-ends-greg-land-on/

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Billy Batson

@TheCrowbar said:

@Billy Batson said:

@TheCrowbar said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

BB

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/11/17/marvel-moves-x-23-canceled-punishermax-ends-greg-land-on/

Damn. Marvel sure knows how publish their female/minority books.
    BB

soccersss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#35  Edited By soccersss

He doesn't have the fanbase at the moment but his fanbase show grow rapidly from his contribution in Justice League. I believe we would see a Cyborg series in near future. It might be a limited series to star off to at least see how well his does.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheCrowbar

@soccersss said:

He doesn't have the fanbase at the moment but his fanbase show grow rapidly from his contribution in Justice League. I believe we would see a Cyborg series in near future. It might be a limited series to star off to at least see how well his does.

Doubtful. Honestly John Stewart had a bigger fanbase if they were looking to add diversity to the team it should've been him as an addition. Then we could've avoided the monstrous black dude trope.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By dernman

@Billy Batson said:

@TheCrowbar said:

@Billy Batson said:

@TheCrowbar said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

BB

Damn. Marvel sure knows how publish their female/minority books.
    BB

I thought they cancelled BP but they had plans for another book for him. I do know they are planning something for him.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By OutlawRenegade

bump

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#39  Edited By Captain13
    No Caption Provided
    jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jobbernos

@War Killer said:

They may give him one in the future, seeing as his new origins are being told right now in Justice League it could lead to hi having his own title in the future possibly. Just depends on the fan-reaction to his character in JL.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#41  Edited By Black_Claw

So let me get this straight, Vibe and Katana are getting their own solo's while Cyborg still has yet to get his own? What bull.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.