Follow

Cyborg

Character » Cyborg appears in 2943 issues.

Half man, half machine - all hero! After a near fatal incident, Victor Stone was cybernetically enhanced by his father. He now possesses the ability to communicate, manipulate, and interface with nearly all forms of technology. As he is constantly upgrading, he promises to defend the future from any threat. He is also a founding member of the Teen Titans and in some continuities, the Justice League.

Justice League #28: Will Cyborg truly shine this time?

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 48

So I just read the sypnosis for Justice League #28 which will be released in Febuary, it says that Cyborg will apparently settle the score with the Sydicate with the Metal Men by his side.

As most of you know, I really have been disliking this character on the league more and more over time since DC won't do anything with him other than having him be the team bus. However, part of me is hopeful that this will be the issue that Cyborg will finally prove his worth as a JL founder. Then again another part of me that's pessimistic about this and thinks that Cyborg will just merely be a vechile for the Metal Men since it's been said that they have a film in the works. All I know is that this issue for me personally will either make or break Victor as a founding member of the league because if Johns drops the ball with him like he did in Justice League #16, then I will most likely be a permanent passenger on the "bring back Martian Manhunter" train.

What are your thoughts or predictions for this?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

I think Johns'll pull it off this time. This is a pretty big event so I can't see him getting away with messing over Cyborg fans twice.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

I think he might be overshadow a bit by Metal Man because it is their first apperance. But i think he mighty have good role.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

He better, its really annoying how Johns has handled him so far

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

He needs several issues dedicated to him, but I think Johns will overshadow him with other characters again. Oh, well! I've given up on Johns ever doing anything meaningful with the character. A fan brought this issue up during a DC panel at SDCC. Johns wasn't there to comment, but the moderator defended him. You can't really fix a problem if you can't admit it exists.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain13: yeah, the fact that the Metal Men are helping him out is the one thing keeping me from being excited. I have a feeling it's gonna be the "Center Stage" incident all over again.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think the Metal Men will get most of the focus, as this is the first time they are being introduced in the New 52.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy: sadly I think this is going to happen as February draws near. Hell, we aren't even gonna get MM on the main Justice League because he's going to be in Justice League United.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I hope so, Cyborg is probably my 3rd favorite comic book character, and I really want to see him get a series.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Black_Claw

Well Justice League #27 looks like a step in the right direction for this character (especially now that his new design isn't ugly as hell). Let's hope Johns can deliver for next months issue.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I just read justice league #29 and all I can say is, it's about freaking time. I'll have more details later.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well I just read justice league #29 and all I can say is, it's about freaking time. I'll have more details later.

This actually just got me a little excited for the new issue.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.