Follow

Cyborg

Character » Cyborg appears in 2943 issues.

Half man, half machine - all hero! After a near fatal incident, Victor Stone was cybernetically enhanced by his father. He now possesses the ability to communicate, manipulate, and interface with nearly all forms of technology. As he is constantly upgrading, he promises to defend the future from any threat. He is also a founding member of the Teen Titans and in some continuities, the Justice League.

Injustice Cyborg vs New 52 cyborg(as League founders)

Avatar image for blacklight135652
    BlackLight135652

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BlackLight135652

I was curious as I remember on another Thread not to long ago we discussed how much better injustice cyborg was than his new 52 counter part.

He seemed liked he actually belonged with the big guys despite technically being a member of the Titans(not sure if the "Teen" is a part of it here).

He wasn't that boring guy in the back ground, he was both fighting on the front lines and doing his technical stuff in the back, and at one point, both. He had some noticeable feats as well; taking on DeathStroke,Grenn lantern, Battlesuit Lex Luthor, and Catwoman, and was shown to have some knowledge in hand to hand combat(his alternate version fought well enough against batman) and swordsmanship( a blade construct fight with Hal). He was also shown to be agile as well, easily back flipping over a giant cleaver Hal tried to use on him.

I like he design better too. He has a good mix of metal, synthetic muscle, and normal skin, with an athletic build. Strong arms as he should have considering his past, but he also looks like

he could move fast.

Personality wise he was still smart, kind, and seemed like the new inexperienced member as he is now, but he also showed a lot of humor, backbone, and determination, and didn't follow the league's every command without question. Somewhat snarky. It made him seem like a much more interesting character. He also didn't mope around a lot over his cybernetics. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Woz9ZR8A-To

As he said "it's the man. not the machine Luthor"

So what do you guys think? I know obviously people are still going to say martian manhunter belongs on the team, but would you opinion change slightly if cyborg was handled this way instead of the way he is now.

I guess I'm saying could you begin to accept but not like it, or do a complete 180?

about this ad

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By OutlawRenegade

@blacklight135652: Injustice Cyborg was AMAZING! Johns should take notes. Not only did Cyborg have some amazing feats, he had CONFIDENCE and INITIATIVE. He was a leader whose biggest fault was that he could be hard headed and unforgiving. I mean, he interrupted Lex Luthor and Batman to come up with a strategic battle plan! He was funny. He was in the foreground driving the story, kicking ***, and taking names. He never moped once. He held his own against other members of the big 7 and other DC heavy hitters. And he had some of the best lines in the game.

• "It's the none of your damn business alarm."
    • "Time for your ass-whooping!"
    • " Nice hair. Lose a bet?" - Clash with Lobo
    • "Too much Trigon for breakfast?" -Clash with Raven
    • "Lights out, birdie." -Clash with Raven
    • "You WILL follow my lead, Slade."
    • "Boo-yah!"
    No Caption Provided

BlackLight135652

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BlackLight135652

God, I never heard that Lobo quote till now. That's amazing.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not hard to top Johns' Blandborg.

BlackLight135652

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not hard to top Johns' Blandborg.

lol tell me about it. I even think the teen titans cartoon cyborg is better than John's.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#6  Edited By Black_Claw

If you ask me this is how Cyborg should've been written since day one of the new 52 instead of moping and being batman's bus. If DC ever gets around to making a Cyborg solo one day, Jimmy Palmotti should be the writer.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#7  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@blacklight135652: Injustice Cyborg was AMAZING! Johns should take notes. Not only did Cyborg have some amazing feats, he had CONFIDENCE and INITIATIVE. He was a leader whose biggest fault was that he could be hard headed and unforgiving. I mean, he interrupted Lex Luthor and Batman to come up with a strategic battle plan! He was funny. He was in the foreground driving the story, kicking ***, and taking names. He never moped once. He held his own against other members of the big 7 and other DC heavy hitters. And he had some of the best lines in the game.

• "It's the none of your damn business alarm."
    • "Time for your ass-whooping!"
    • " Nice hair. Lose a bet?" - Clash with Lobo
    • "Too much Trigon for breakfast?" -Clash with Raven
    • "Lights out, birdie." -Clash with Raven
    • "You WILL follow my lead, Slade."
    • "Boo-yah!"
    No Caption Provided

its a sad day when "Too much Trigon for breakfast' is one of the best lines the game has to offer. the "None of your damn business alarm" line was pretty funny though

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#8  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@blacklight135652 said:

God, I never heard that Lobo quote till now. That's amazing.

he also says it to Aquaman depending on which costume AC is wearing. Hal slams it too.

@blacklight135652 said:

I was curious as I remember on another Thread not to long ago we discussed how much better injustice cyborg was than his new 52 counter part.

He seemed liked he actually belonged with the big guys despite technically being a member of the Titans(not sure if the "Teen" is a part of it here).

He wasn't that boring guy in the back ground, he was both fighting on the front lines and doing his technical stuff in the back, and at one point, both. He had some noticeable feats as well; taking on DeathStroke,Grenn lantern, Battlesuit Lex Luthor, and Catwoman, and was shown to have some knowledge in hand to hand combat(his alternate version fought well enough against batman) and swordsmanship( a blade construct fight with Hal). He was also shown to be agile as well, easily back flipping over a giant cleaver Hal tried to use on him.

I like he design better too. He has a good mix of metal, synthetic muscle, and normal skin, with an athletic build. Strong arms as he should have considering his past, but he also looks like

he could move fast.

Personality wise he was still smart, kind, and seemed like the new inexperienced member as he is now, but he also showed a lot of humor, backbone, and determination, and didn't follow the league's every command without question. Somewhat snarky. It made him seem like a much more interesting character. He also didn't mope around a lot over his cybernetics. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Woz9ZR8A-To

As he said "it's the man. not the machine Luthor"

So what do you guys think? I know obviously people are still going to say martian manhunter belongs on the team, but would you opinion change slightly if cyborg was handled this way instead of the way he is now.

I guess I'm saying could you begin to accept but not like it, or do a complete 180?

about this ad

i've always accepted Cyborg being there and i tried accepting MM not being there but it still feels kinda empty. but yeah, i'd like it a lot better if Vic was being portrayed in this manner.

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
    BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Cyborgs cool nuff said

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

While his inclusion and his parts of the game are fine, and his highlight for me was his hack-war against his counterpart, I still say the clunky armor design is just terrible. Mostly because it reminds me of stuff like this:

No Caption Provided

His Soviet redesign...

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's funny how Injustice Cyborg did more relevant things in a roughly hour long story mode than his new 52 counterpart did in two years.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's funny how Injustice Cyborg did more relevant things in a roughly hour long story mode than his new 52 counterpart did in two years.

At least he's not Batman's lapdog anymore.

No Caption Provided

He's not a moron either.

I have a feeling that the Vic/Billy alliance will side against the Clark/Bruce one at some point.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outlawrenegade: Well I'll be damned, there might actually be a glimmer of hope for Geoff Johns actually writing this character competently.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.