Follow

Cyborg

Character » Cyborg appears in 2943 issues.

Half man, half machine - all hero! After a near fatal incident, Victor Stone was cybernetically enhanced by his father. He now possesses the ability to communicate, manipulate, and interface with nearly all forms of technology. As he is constantly upgrading, he promises to defend the future from any threat. He is also a founding member of the Teen Titans and in some continuities, the Justice League.

Cyborg, Vibe, and what could've been an ongoing

dimmoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By dimmoe

why couldn't DC do for Cyborg what they're doing for Vibe?

Both are from Detroit

Both got their abilities from the Darkseid invasion.

Vibe's role in DCnU has been defined as being the link between all DC multiverses...

that could have been Cyborgs role!

instead of using 'vibes' he could've simply used his connection to the mother box and boom tubes.

I don't understand.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#1  Edited By Black_Claw

Same here. I was cool with Katana getting her own ongoing but how is it that a lame ass character like Vibe gets his own book while Cyborg is still the only member of the big 7 not to have his?! Damn it DC, if your really going to push Cyborg to this high of a position then show us that you have high faith in this character.

dimmoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By dimmoe

@Black_Claw: @Black_Claw said:

Same here. I was cool with Katana getting her own ongoing but how is it that a lame ass character like Vibe gets his own book while Cyborg is still the only member of the big 7 not to have his?! Damn it DC, if your really going to push Cyborg to this high of a position then show us that you have high faith in this character.

EXACTLY!

This whole Vibe thing could have been Cy's story. It does make me wonder what they have planned for him though. He better have his own title soon. If not then thats just pure bullshit!

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By OutlawRenegade

I totally agree with the OP! But i do not think dc even has faith in vibe. Johns is only on until issue 1. Kreisenberg is only on until issue 3. Then there is a new creative team. Pre-Flashpoint, Vibe would be a one shot that helps to set up Trinity War, bit DC does not do one shots in the new 52. Maybe Vibe will not succeed and Cyborg will come in to take his place. Or maybe Johns has come up with a new idea for Cyborg's place in the DCU.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Black_Claw

@OutlawRenegade said:

I totally agree with the OP! But i do not think dc even has faith in vibe. Johns is only on until issue 1. Kreisenberg is only on until issue 3. Then there is a new creative team. Pre-Flashpoint, Vibe would be a one shot that helps to set up Trinity War, bit DC does not do one shots in the new 52. Maybe Vibe will not succeed and Cyborg will come in to take his place. Or maybe Johns has come up with a new idea for Cyborg's place in the DCU.

Calling it now. Vibe will be cancelled after eight issues.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#5  Edited By TheCannon

Neither character can hold an ongoing. Bring back Blue Beetle.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Captain13

@TheCannon said:

BB is proven failure 2x

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Twentyfive

They are trying to bring Cyborg in with an All-Star team, and an awesome premise (I believe), and they also know that all of their JL members have to have books that they know will stick around. They haven't yet figured out how to do that, I guess.

dimmoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dimmoe

@Captain13 said:

@TheCannon said:

BB is proven failure 2x

x3

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Stormbox

@dimmoe said:

@Captain13 said:

@TheCannon said:

BB is proven failure 2x

x3

Actually what he meant with that 2x is that blue beetle (jaime reyes) has had two series and both failed to sell

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PassionFlower

Hopefully they'll give a little development time in JL and raise his profile.

dimmoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dimmoe

@Stormbox said:

@dimmoe said:

@Captain13 said:

@TheCannon said:

BB is proven failure 2x

x3

Actually what he meant with that 2x is that blue beetle (jaime reyes) has had two series and both failed to sell

what was the second?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#12  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Stormbox said:

@dimmoe said:

@Captain13 said:

@TheCannon said:

BB is proven failure 2x

x3

this. although, i had heard alot of good things about Jaime's original series, i wonder why that didn't sell well.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Mega_spidey01
    @PassionFlower said:

Hopefully they'll give a little development time in JL and raise his profile.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By fodigg

Guys, it's not zero-sum. We can enjoy characters like Katana and Vibe getting solo books and still think it's criminal that Cyborg doesn't have an ongoing.

dimmoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dimmoe

@fodigg said:

Guys, it's not zero-sum. We can enjoy characters like Katana and Vibe getting solo books and still think it's criminal that Cyborg doesn't have an ongoing.

that's not what im saying at all. im just saying when you look at what vibe is supposed to be. what vibe's abilities are, and his connection to darksied invasion, could've all been a story arc, plot, book for Cyborg

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By fodigg

@dimmoe said:

@fodigg said:

that's not what im saying at all. im just saying when you look at what vibe is supposed to be. what vibe's abilities are, and his connection to darksied invasion, could've all been a story arc, plot, book for Cyborg

Yes, but why does that matter? If we can have how many Robins and how many Super-people, why shouldn't we have two Detroit-based characters whose origins are connected to the Darkseid invasion? I want a Cyborg book too, but I don't think it's necessarily fair to say "well, the new Vibe is kinda similar so why didn't they just use Cyborg?" They felt they had a story there with Vibe, so I'm happy to see them tell it. I just think it's better to say that we wish we had a Cyborg story on top of that.

dimmoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dimmoe

@fodigg said:

@dimmoe said:

@fodigg said:

Yes, but why does that matter? If we can have how many Robins and how many Super-people, why shouldn't we have two Detroit-based characters whose origins are connected to the Darkseid invasion? I want a Cyborg book too, but I don't think it's necessarily fair to say "well, the new Vibe is kinda similar so why didn't they just use Cyborg?" They felt they had a story there with Vibe, so I'm happy to see them tell it. I just think it's better to say that we wish we had a Cyborg story on top of that.

actually that is exactly what im saying. what you wrote is what i meant by my previous comments. i just think with cy being a founding member and not having an ongoing before a nobody cornball ass hero like 'vibe' is insulting.

SaintG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By SaintG

What I wish was an ongoing comic would be Shazam, Martian Manhunter, All the robins, Some villains like Joker or even the new 52 Secret society of super villains but I doubt it.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Black_Claw

Well Vibe's book is selling like crap right now. I'm betting it won't be long till it gets axed.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Captain13

@Black_Claw said:

Well Vibe's book is selling like crap right now. I'm betting it won't be long till it gets axed.

who saw that coming? lol

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#21  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Captain13 said:

@Black_Claw said:

who saw that coming? lol

like....everybody lol

so much for "embracing the cheese"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.