Cyborg, Vibe, and what could've been an ongoing

Posted by dimmoe (61 posts) - - Show Bio

why couldn't DC do for Cyborg what they're doing for Vibe?

Both are from Detroit

Both got their abilities from the Darkseid invasion.

Vibe's role in DCnU has been defined as being the link between all DC multiverses...

that could have been Cyborgs role!

instead of using 'vibes' he could've simply used his connection to the mother box and boom tubes.

I don't understand.

#1 Posted by Black_Claw (2888 posts) - - Show Bio

Same here. I was cool with Katana getting her own ongoing but how is it that a lame ass character like Vibe gets his own book while Cyborg is still the only member of the big 7 not to have his?! Damn it DC, if your really going to push Cyborg to this high of a position then show us that you have high faith in this character.

#2 Posted by dimmoe (61 posts) - - Show Bio

@Black_Claw: @Black_Claw said:

Same here. I was cool with Katana getting her own ongoing but how is it that a lame ass character like Vibe gets his own book while Cyborg is still the only member of the big 7 not to have his?! Damn it DC, if your really going to push Cyborg to this high of a position then show us that you have high faith in this character.

EXACTLY!

This whole Vibe thing could have been Cy's story. It does make me wonder what they have planned for him though. He better have his own title soon. If not then thats just pure bullshit!

#3 Posted by OutlawRenegade (1251 posts) - - Show Bio

I totally agree with the OP! But i do not think dc even has faith in vibe. Johns is only on until issue 1. Kreisenberg is only on until issue 3. Then there is a new creative team. Pre-Flashpoint, Vibe would be a one shot that helps to set up Trinity War, bit DC does not do one shots in the new 52. Maybe Vibe will not succeed and Cyborg will come in to take his place. Or maybe Johns has come up with a new idea for Cyborg's place in the DCU.

#4 Posted by Black_Claw (2888 posts) - - Show Bio

@OutlawRenegade said:

I totally agree with the OP! But i do not think dc even has faith in vibe. Johns is only on until issue 1. Kreisenberg is only on until issue 3. Then there is a new creative team. Pre-Flashpoint, Vibe would be a one shot that helps to set up Trinity War, bit DC does not do one shots in the new 52. Maybe Vibe will not succeed and Cyborg will come in to take his place. Or maybe Johns has come up with a new idea for Cyborg's place in the DCU.

Calling it now. Vibe will be cancelled after eight issues.

#5 Posted by TheCannon (17910 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither character can hold an ongoing. Bring back Blue Beetle.

#6 Posted by Captain13 (3260 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

Neither character can hold an ongoing. Bring back Blue Beetle.

BB is proven failure 2x

#7 Posted by Twentyfive (2843 posts) - - Show Bio

They are trying to bring Cyborg in with an All-Star team, and an awesome premise (I believe), and they also know that all of their JL members have to have books that they know will stick around. They haven't yet figured out how to do that, I guess.

#8 Posted by dimmoe (61 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13 said:

@TheCannon said:

Neither character can hold an ongoing. Bring back Blue Beetle.

BB is proven failure 2x

x3

#9 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@dimmoe said:

@Captain13 said:

@TheCannon said:

Neither character can hold an ongoing. Bring back Blue Beetle.

BB is proven failure 2x

x3

Actually what he meant with that 2x is that blue beetle (jaime reyes) has had two series and both failed to sell

#10 Posted by PassionFlower (957 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully they'll give a little development time in JL and raise his profile.

#11 Posted by dimmoe (61 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stormbox said:

@dimmoe said:

@Captain13 said:

@TheCannon said:

Neither character can hold an ongoing. Bring back Blue Beetle.

BB is proven failure 2x

x3

Actually what he meant with that 2x is that blue beetle (jaime reyes) has had two series and both failed to sell

what was the second?

#12 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12519 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stormbox said:

@dimmoe said:

@Captain13 said:

@TheCannon said:

Neither character can hold an ongoing. Bring back Blue Beetle.

BB is proven failure 2x

x3

Actually what he meant with that 2x is that blue beetle (jaime reyes) has had two series and both failed to sell

this. although, i had heard alot of good things about Jaime's original series, i wonder why that didn't sell well.

#13 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio
@PassionFlower said:

Hopefully they'll give a little development time in JL and raise his profile.

#14 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys, it's not zero-sum. We can enjoy characters like Katana and Vibe getting solo books and still think it's criminal that Cyborg doesn't have an ongoing.

#15 Posted by dimmoe (61 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

Guys, it's not zero-sum. We can enjoy characters like Katana and Vibe getting solo books and still think it's criminal that Cyborg doesn't have an ongoing.

that's not what im saying at all. im just saying when you look at what vibe is supposed to be. what vibe's abilities are, and his connection to darksied invasion, could've all been a story arc, plot, book for Cyborg

#16 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@dimmoe said:

@fodigg said:

Guys, it's not zero-sum. We can enjoy characters like Katana and Vibe getting solo books and still think it's criminal that Cyborg doesn't have an ongoing.

that's not what im saying at all. im just saying when you look at what vibe is supposed to be. what vibe's abilities are, and his connection to darksied invasion, could've all been a story arc, plot, book for Cyborg

Yes, but why does that matter? If we can have how many Robins and how many Super-people, why shouldn't we have two Detroit-based characters whose origins are connected to the Darkseid invasion? I want a Cyborg book too, but I don't think it's necessarily fair to say "well, the new Vibe is kinda similar so why didn't they just use Cyborg?" They felt they had a story there with Vibe, so I'm happy to see them tell it. I just think it's better to say that we wish we had a Cyborg story on top of that.

#17 Posted by dimmoe (61 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

@dimmoe said:

@fodigg said:

Guys, it's not zero-sum. We can enjoy characters like Katana and Vibe getting solo books and still think it's criminal that Cyborg doesn't have an ongoing.

that's not what im saying at all. im just saying when you look at what vibe is supposed to be. what vibe's abilities are, and his connection to darksied invasion, could've all been a story arc, plot, book for Cyborg

Yes, but why does that matter? If we can have how many Robins and how many Super-people, why shouldn't we have two Detroit-based characters whose origins are connected to the Darkseid invasion? I want a Cyborg book too, but I don't think it's necessarily fair to say "well, the new Vibe is kinda similar so why didn't they just use Cyborg?" They felt they had a story there with Vibe, so I'm happy to see them tell it. I just think it's better to say that we wish we had a Cyborg story on top of that.

actually that is exactly what im saying. what you wrote is what i meant by my previous comments. i just think with cy being a founding member and not having an ongoing before a nobody cornball ass hero like 'vibe' is insulting.

#18 Posted by SaintG (66 posts) - - Show Bio

What I wish was an ongoing comic would be Shazam, Martian Manhunter, All the robins, Some villains like Joker or even the new 52 Secret society of super villains but I doubt it.

#19 Posted by Black_Claw (2888 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Vibe's book is selling like crap right now. I'm betting it won't be long till it gets axed.

#20 Posted by Captain13 (3260 posts) - - Show Bio

@Black_Claw said:

Well Vibe's book is selling like crap right now. I'm betting it won't be long till it gets axed.

who saw that coming? lol

#21 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12519 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain13 said:

@Black_Claw said:

Well Vibe's book is selling like crap right now. I'm betting it won't be long till it gets axed.

who saw that coming? lol

like....everybody lol

so much for "embracing the cheese"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.